HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2007, 08:04 AM
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Joined Dec 2006
82 Posts
Someone likes their beer!

Hey Diggs!

That explanation should be turned into a Bud Light commercial for next year's SuperBowl

Robert
Peregrine Falcon is offline Find More Posts by Peregrine Falcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2007, 08:32 AM
New Heli Flyer
In a Van down by the river in Indiana.
Joined Sep 2006
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie 19937
where did you get your landing skids at.
Phils hobbyshop. local. They are Shogun landing Skids. :-) you guys should see my heli now ill try to get some pics up soon :-)
Crazymgtnut is offline Find More Posts by Crazymgtnut
Old Mar 22, 2007, 09:03 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Nothing with the BCX2 TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekkutta
Hey Quigs, since you don't have a flight sim, download FMS, I'm sure some googling will get you to it, and then get SmartPropoPlus then you can hook up your CX2 TX and use it in the sim.

plus I ordered my HB FP today, for the price it can't be beat. so looks like I'm going to be RADDing for a while

Nekkutta
I was able to install both FMS & Smartpropoplus. Everything seems fine. I figured out the port 5 thing for XP and FMS loads correctly.

My problem is the TX won't turn on when I plug the cable into the TX. It's a mono plug. Tried a couple more mono plugs to see if they do the same thing & yes they do.

Is the trainer plug on the TX not active? It should be.

A stereo plug works. Or at least I can turn the Tx on but nothing on the sim to indicate it's connected.

Thanks for any help.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Mar 22, 2007, 09:13 AM
New Heli Flyer
In a Van down by the river in Indiana.
Joined Sep 2006
31 Posts
look into this guys. becase. i want to use My BCX2 Raido for the sim. What program you useing? link? And Link to the the cord?
Crazymgtnut is offline Find More Posts by Crazymgtnut
Old Mar 22, 2007, 09:22 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html

The cord deal is on the site.

http://www.smartpropoplus.com/BlueAndGrey/default.asp

You need both to use a JR , specrum type radio.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:02 AM
Illinois
Joined Mar 2004
360 Posts
Battery charging

The E-Flite pack that comes with the CX2 seems to die off quickly after use. The supplied balance charger does NOT seem to bring the batteries up to full charge. I have switched to using my Triton using my usual 100ma charge rate which seems to add more punch and flight times. I have seen many guys dumping their battery packs and going to the True R/C packs-900ma that fit the CX2. Try the Triton or similar charger before throwing away the E-Flite pack.
Sinbad
sinbad is offline Find More Posts by sinbad
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:10 AM
Heli Crasher! :)
St. Louis
Joined Jan 2007
110 Posts
should be able to use a stereo plug with SPP and the LP5DSM, check the joystick mapping and calibration in FMS. the first four settings are for fixed wing and the last 4 are for heli. Honestly I've never tried it, I have a usb TX that I bought from I don't remember... probably shouldn't have bought it but I hadn't even gotten my BCX2 yet at that point and I figured it would help me learn the sticks... plus I was waiting for my birthday for the BCX2 and I was jonesing for some heli actioin, even if it was with an unrealistic freeware sim.

Nekkutta
Nekkutta is offline Find More Posts by Nekkutta
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:54 PM
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Joined Dec 2006
82 Posts
CS2 tx cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymgtnut
look into this guys. becase. i want to use My BCX2 Raido for the sim. What program you useing? link? And Link to the the cord?
I got mine from Mile High Wings and I love it! Works perfectly out of the box. Runs $41.00 + $5.00 shipping.

It's the first on the list:

http://www.milehighwings.com/usb_cables.htm

Don't know what other folks are selling, just thought I'd add this one to the list.

Also, if you're PC, there are lots of options: many come on the CD from Mile High - they are free from the internet like FMS and SSS. If you're Mac like me, then there's SSS (free) and RC Helicopter Simulator (around $35-$40).

Good luck!

Robert
Peregrine Falcon is offline Find More Posts by Peregrine Falcon
Old Mar 22, 2007, 03:38 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
All's I want to use the FMS sim for right now is hovering with a single rotor heli & maybe forward flight back to a hover. It's free, the plug is free. I already have one. Just can't figure out why the TX won't turn on. The one you by "for" the TX is mono & just like what I have all ready. It uses the micrphone input on the PC.

I just haven't found anyone else on the forums that's done it with the LP5DSM. Only the DX6 & 7's.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 04:44 PM
Live free or die.
The act or process of locating
Joined Jan 2007
136 Posts
Colorado,

I've tried on three different machines (Windows XP) to get the LP5DSM/SmartPropoPlus/PPJoy combo to work - but no success so far. I have a 1/8" stereo cable and it connects the transmitter fine to my soundcard's mic and/or line-in. I can hear the "pulsing" sound change through my speakers as I move the sticks (reminds me of modems connecting), but the game controller setup in Windows just treats the stick movement as random noise.

My uneducated guess is that the "code" carried across the wire is not PPM (which SPP understands) nor one of the other transmitter specific PCM flavors supported by SPP. I remember seeing one thread where someone who had a CX2 was asking questions and someone who had a CX replied that they got it to work - but of course that is a totally different transmitter (supports PPM?). My assumption (again, uneducated) is that SPP would need to add support for whatever transmission protocol the LP5DSM uses.

I'm currently just using a Logitech Rumblepad gamepad. I'd love to get the CX2 transmitter working though.

- Scott

btw, I think this is my first post ... :^)
TheDBA is offline Find More Posts by TheDBA
Old Mar 22, 2007, 05:06 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Thanks! If neither one of the glugs I'll pick up don't work then I'll probably know why. I'll just have to go the "buy a full sim" route.

Or hack a cable to use one of my other old TX's. I do have a Futaba 9ch.1024 from way back when.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:04 PM
Joined Feb 2007
5 Posts
i'd like to know how to possibly build a cable for the lp5dsm too... can someone post a pic of there cable they have for this?
eight_heads is offline Find More Posts by eight_heads
Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:25 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
This is for JR/spectrum using SmartPrpoplus with FMS.

http://www.smartpropoplus.com/BlueAn...cables_jr.html

If your thinking of Phoenix or Cleaerview. Then you'll need the mono to USB. It's very difficult to just make one but http://www.milehighwings.com/index.htm has just come out for a cable for the BCX2.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 07:48 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
doesn't seem to be the pack as far as i know. the 4in1 goes through its start up routine and i get a solid green. after i've given it any throttle the green light flashes green/red. the pack appears to be delivering the juice as i could easily go full throttle and lose the heli to the cloud gods... so far, the lhs hasn't had any 4in1's in stock to get a quick replacement.

diggs - i may not send this thing in cause i'm lazy like that. then again, that could prevent me from sending it your way, too if you want, send me a pm and i'll let you know what i end up doing with it. it'll probably be a couple of weeks, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Hair
lowdrive:
Make sure your battery is good, if you haven't done so already.
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Mar 22, 2007, 08:02 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
I know its expensive, but the Phoenix sim package has a cable with it, and it worked out of the box with my CX2 TX. Also, XTR sim would work as well.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs