HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2007, 05:43 PM
Does it come in Flouro??
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFlyer55
Did you reconfigure your TX in Heli mode?
When used on a computer, doesn't the Tx just get used like a slave in a buddy box setup - ie just as two pairs of joysticks, ignoring any programming?

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
Numb Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Numb Thumbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2007, 08:00 PM
Angels without wings
USA, NY, New York
Joined Sep 2004
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Thumbs
When used on a computer, doesn't the Tx just get used like a slave in a buddy box setup - ie just as two pairs of joysticks, ignoring any programming?

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
If you use a computer radio(or any tx) with AFDP you need to configure it. I have an Arco and a Heli mode on my Tx so I have 2 Tx's set up in my AFDP and select the "joystick" I want to use depending on if I want to fly fixed wings or helis. Read the directions that came with it they explain how to do it.(although not very well)
RCFlyer55 is offline Find More Posts by RCFlyer55
Old Mar 16, 2007, 01:41 AM
CLIO,AL
Joined Mar 2007
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatiron
I just did what book said,And it did not get hot, I keept a eye on it.A on the other you asked, You have to program it for the battery you going to charge, It will ask you question on a blue LCD screen. www.electrifly.com
After looking over every thing today. I found,I had bought 3 11.1 1320 mAh thunder power batterys & 3 E-flite 7.4 800mAh yesterday at hobby shop, My daughter flys a cx2, keep this in mind! Well I had the brought the Triton Jr out of the flite room and hooked it up to my 40amp power supply in the ham radio room. She had open the new battery, and what I thought was deed battery was new battery charge @69%, I think thats was what the battery paper said. Anyway Sorry about that, I thought I had found a quicker way to charge.I charge a E-flite 7.4v 800 I knew was deed on it, I put it in my pocket ahah!, it took 77min @ 0.8Amps.

Sam
flatiron is offline Find More Posts by flatiron
Old Mar 16, 2007, 02:04 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Cool, that sounds more like it. I knew something had to be up with this and was concerned it would result in an unpleasant ending. Enjoy the charger, it is faster than the stock one!!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Mar 18, 2007, 08:13 AM
Dayton, OH
Joined Mar 2007
22 Posts
Gave in this weekend to the urge to buy another heli. I ended up buying a used/like new cp pro. I did a lot of reading about the difference between the cp and cp pro - and of course going from a cx2 to a cp pro will be a challenge. Just could not pass up on the deal that I got. I plan on keeping them both and flying them both. Of course, I might not be able to get the pro off the ground! Crazy addicting hobby.
Quigs is offline Find More Posts by Quigs
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:16 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quigs,

Do you have a simulator? If not, get one. I too found a great deal on a CP CPP combo soon after I bought my CX2. The helis were a great deal, but the cost of repairs was not . A sim will save you a lot of money and frustration. It all depends on the person, but the CPs were just a bit much for me to start on following the CX2. I would suggest yet another heli, the Honeybee FP2, if you have issues getting started on the CPP. That is my practice heli, and I do all the new stuff with it before I try it on one of my other helis. And as you have discovered, HeliCrack is expensive and addicting. I have a damn armada of helis. Its insane, and I can't really fly any of them. I just mastered the right side in hover this past week on the FP. After much work, I finally got the RX setup correctly on the Dragonus SA Intruder!! It lifted off for the first time this weekend. I did a little bit of tail in and side in with it, but not much. I put it down and today will be a sim/FP2 day. Windy out, so not sure if I can go out and fly, but maybe at dusk it will be calm.

Anyway, congrats and I hope you enjoy your CPP and have better luck than me. SIM SIM SIM, RADDS RADDS RADDS.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Mar 18, 2007, 03:12 PM
New Heli Flyer
In a Van down by the river in Indiana.
Joined Sep 2006
31 Posts
Hey Guys i just bougt my Blade CX2. Last Saterday and i Love This Thing. I tryed flying the Blade CP a few mouths back and gave buddy Talked me into geting one of these. So i did. and Boy O boy.Am i so happy With this heli. I have Done a Few upgrades to my heli. here is a pic of it as the middle of last week. and i done the tail boom Mod. Now im looking to upgrade to a Bigger heli for more forword flight.
Crazymgtnut is offline Find More Posts by Crazymgtnut
Old Mar 18, 2007, 04:43 PM
cx1
Joined Jan 2007
43 Posts
11.1 Volts ?

Has any one tried using a 11.1 Volts 800 - 1200 Mah battery and a Low Volts Warnig circuit set to 5V inline with a DC-DC Voltage regulator set to 7.4V to supply power to a Heli.
Or would the application of a Programmable BEC be better suited?
What recomendations for a BEC would you have?

Theory is to provide dramatic improved flight times as it should decrease stress on the battery.
cx1 is offline Find More Posts by cx1
Old Mar 18, 2007, 08:47 PM
Edmond, OK
Joined Dec 2006
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymgtnut
Hey Guys i just bought my Blade CX2. Last Saterday and i Love This Thing.
Congrats on the CX2!! I love mine and fly it both inside and outside. The tailboom mod sure makes it handle better. It's a great trainer and I, too, plan to go to the next level as soon as I quit crashing it into trees I bought two of the TrueRC 900Mah batteries for it and they seem to perform better than the OEM pack. I also bought a DN Power charger and it works great. I'm now a full fledged heli addict...welcome to the club.
NitroExpress is offline Find More Posts by NitroExpress
Old Mar 18, 2007, 10:10 PM
chaddlee
Mississippi
Joined Jan 2007
103 Posts
hello everyone. i like to fly my blade cx2 outdoors better than indoors. I believe it is a little harder to fly outdoors. I love to fly it pretty high and it sounds great when it comes back towards yeah. i love to hear the wind off of the blades. I think why it is harder to fly outdoors is because i little bit of breeze can cause it to go somewhere you really don't want it to go such as to a tree or bird house or farther away from where you are. When flying it high in the sky is when it really is the hardest because it is hard to see which angle it is at times and there is usually more of a breeze up there and it is kind of hard to bring it down slowly. This weekend i had it at least 200 or something feet in the air and i've learned to get it down from that height, it is good to decrease throttle slowly at a time. I have decreased pretty fast once and it came down good until it was halfway down, and then it just dropped really quick and it took full throttle to keep it from hitting ground. And also, make sure you bring it down from way up in the air after 8 minutes of flying. I learned this lesson this weekend too. I had it way up there and i was bringing it down slowly and then it started shaking and wanted to fall faster. When i gave it full throttle, it really didn't do much and i knew then, that the batter was dieing, so it did hit the ground but not too hard. I didn't break anything. I've noticed to get it to fly fast, you have to increase throttle, which will make it go higher, and then push right stick forward all the way. I now see how it is to actually beable to fly it instead of hovering. I can really only hover it when flying inside. So, outside flying can be harder and easier in certain ways compared to flying inside. have fun. waiting on parts for my honey bee fp2
chaddlee78 is offline Find More Posts by chaddlee78
Old Mar 18, 2007, 11:32 PM
Salt Lake City,UT
Joined Nov 2006
272 Posts
Here's one I have'nt read about yet. I somehow managed to pull out the red power wire from my 4 in 1. I thought solder would work well however the yellow glue or whatever it is needed to be scraped away first. It is really tight to try and solder in that small area (especially with my piss poor soldering skills) when I plugged my battery in there was some sparks and I think I may have gotten some solder on the black wire and it is arching or something. I pulled the red wire out so as not to d0 more damage, and the 4 in 1 seemed ok after the arching stopped.

I am wondering if I can salvage it or do I need a new 4 in 1? Or has anyone hacked the 4 in one and is there a plug for the power inside the 4 in 1? And just what is that yellow glue? I have seen liquid electrical tape at the hardward store I thought about trying that. Has anyone used that with any kind of success?

Ed
EEZFlyer is offline Find More Posts by EEZFlyer
Last edited by EEZFlyer; Mar 18, 2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 11:47 PM
Salt Lake City,UT
Joined Nov 2006
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymgtnut
Hey Guys i just bougt my Blade CX2. Last Saterday and i Love This Thing. I tryed flying the Blade CP a few mouths back and gave buddy Talked me into geting one of these. So i did. and Boy O boy.Am i so happy With this heli. I have Done a Few upgrades to my heli. here is a pic of it as the middle of last week. and i done the tail boom Mod. Now im looking to upgrade to a Bigger heli for more forword flight.

Make sure you check out the Honey Bee FPII. Its cheap, fun, and a much bigger challange than the BCX2. I found it at x-heli.com for $90.00 or so. Lots of mods can be made and Its a lot easier to fly than a cp type heli like a blade cp or cp pro. One nice thing about the HB FPII is it handles crashes better in some ways than the CX. Blades fold back so they do not break or damage walls and such. Check it out when your ready for the next step.

Ed
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:21 AM
Salt Lake City,UT
Joined Nov 2006
272 Posts
Well I think ive gone and done it. I got the wire soldered ok and pluged in a battery. I get solid red then red green flashing and nothing else. I believe my 4 in one is fried . Anyone else confirm this?

Ed
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:47 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,044 Posts
Try & re binding the TX & RX & see what happens. If that does not work.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Last edited by ColoradoHeliNut; Mar 19, 2007 at 04:26 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:50 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
after about 10 flights (all simple hovering around as i improve my skills) it seems my 4in1 is dust. everything looks okay after turning on the tx and plugging in the batt. the 4in1 led is solid green. if i give it some throttle the right stick dies and that ain't good when you're in the air! at this point the green light flashes red/green and i lose all control on the left stick but can use the right.

i put a call in to horizon hobby (800 number on back of blade manual) and gave them my info. they asked that i send the 4in1 into them. i'm guessing they'll either fix or replace it. the sad part is i'll still be spending money on a new one so i can fly... i hate waiting for mail.

err.. almost forgot to add. i did try re-binding the tx to my rx but that didn't fix the problem.
lowdive is online now Find More Posts by lowdive