HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:43 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
I changed the brushes out this last Fall in both my helicopters. One helicopter was yawing to the point where adjusting the proportional was having no effect. I removed the brushes, and one was nearly gone, so I went ahead and replaced them in both helicopters. I went with the carbon brushes, and the helis have been flying like they have new motors. BTW, they are very easy to replace, couple solder joints.

Thats gotta be whats up with mine. I was just curious but you are describing a symptom I am having.

Thanks!
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:10 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Thats gotta be whats up with mine. I was just curious but you are describing a symptom I am having.

Thanks!
When you remove the wires remember which is pos & neg so your motors rotate correctly.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Mar 03, 2013, 05:43 PM
United States, MN, Perham
Joined Jan 2012
46 Posts
what's a good brushless system for a CX2 ?
Mn Monster is offline Find More Posts by Mn Monster
Old Mar 03, 2013, 05:54 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mn Monster View Post
what's a good brushless system for a CX2 ?
sorry, there is no "system" ... BL on a CX2 is DIY (except the one that Wow HObbies sells ... and I bought one of those years ago, but it never worked properly
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:19 AM
Joined Jan 2012
46 Posts
thanks for the heads up ! will moving my servo arms out to the 3rd hole produce more forward speed, or should i just leave them in the 2nd hole?
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:32 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,840 Posts
The further you move the link on the servo arm, the move travel you'll get. Do you still have the stock, plastic swash or do you have a metal one? Increasing the servo throw puts more stress on the swash because you're tipping it more. The plastic stock swash tends to separate into two halves and you'll end up having to deal with that. All of that being said, moving the links out gives you more throw, which makes the heli more responsive which can help forward flight. If you have the credit card mod on the heli, moving the battery forward changes the center of gravity and also helps with forward flight.
BTW, most servo horns have 5 holes and the most travel is out on the 5th one.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Mar 04, 2013, 09:33 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,157 Posts
Quote:
thanks for the heads up ! will moving my servo arms out to the 3rd hole produce more forward speed, or should i just leave them in the 2nd hole?
When I still flew these (LamaV4 and CX2) I always had my ELE servo horn in the 3rd hole for increased forward and the AIL in the 2nd hole, as the throw for turns/left-right was enough for me this way.
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Mar 04, 2013, 09:51 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,944 Posts
+1...What they said. Especially what E2 said. That is how all of mine were/are setup. Any futher will cause binding issues except on the best swash's.
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:33 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
I use a Walkera Devo-10 TX with Deviation Firmware and set up the travel and scale to throw the arms all the way with a stick feel I like.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:52 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
I use a Walkera Devo-10 TX with Deviation Firmware and set up the travel and scale to throw the arms all the way with a stick feel I like.
OK, but if you give it more travel than it likes, the swash will still separate.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:40 AM
Joined Jan 2012
46 Posts
got the camera a few days ago, shoots pretty good video flying around the house, waiting for it to warm up a little so i can go outside !
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:44 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,840 Posts
Quote:
got the camera a few days ago, shoots pretty good video flying around the house, waiting for it to warm up a little so i can go outside !
Warm up a little in Minnesota is July 4th ONLY. Once that one day of Summer is over, it starts to get cold again. I have an uncle who worked for General Mills and lived in Mound. He had to move back to Buffalo to thaw out!
Old Mar 12, 2013, 01:08 PM
Joined Jan 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Warm up a little in Minnesota is July 4th ONLY. Once that one day of Summer is over, it starts to get cold again. I have an uncle who worked for General Mills and lived in Mound. He had to move back to Buffalo to thaw out!
not gonna lie, it gets damn cold here ! but we do get 3 months of summer, and then it snows again !
Old Mar 12, 2013, 01:44 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Quote:
not gonna lie, it gets damn cold here ! but we do get 3 months of summer, and then it snows again !
I am thinking more closer to 4 months due to global warming.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:57 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
I seriously need to order that new frame as those that remember My heli only flew for about two days before the frame warped so much the motors were not connecting with the gears right. Ive been having to much fun with a basic 3 channel. Pretty sad really lol
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan