HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:21 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
Hello Iflyrcaircraft. That looks like the origional blade cx. The first version.
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:23 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
GAPI, the gyro only controls yaw on the cx2. Motor speed. You could hook more gyro's to the servo's. But, the stock gyro is on the brick, and controls yaw.
Lee
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:25 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflircaircraft View Post
I'm hoping someone can help me. A coworker had given me this thing ( I don't know how he came across it) and he thought I'd have an interest in it. Anyone know what this is and if I can get parts and if I can use my DX7 to control it?

Tom
It appears to be the original BCX helicopter which was 72MHz, but I can't tell with the canopy on it. The control unit will have an long antenna wire, and a crystal in it. The transmitter will also say 72MHz and have a crystal installed. If this is the case, then no, your DX7 will not work. If you were to remove the 4 in 1 unit and install this 2.4GHz unit, then you would be able to use your DX7.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/eflh10244-...adecx2cx3.aspx
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:38 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
GAPI, the gyro only controls yaw on the cx2. Motor speed. You could hook more gyro's to the servo's. But, the stock gyro is on the brick, and controls yaw.
Lee
Thanks!
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:17 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
It appears to be the original BCX helicopter which was 72MHz, but I can't tell with the canopy on it. The control unit will have an long antenna wire, and a crystal in it. The transmitter will also say 72MHz and have a crystal installed. If this is the case, then no, your DX7 will not work. If you were to remove the 4 in 1 unit and install this 2.4GHz unit, then you would be able to use your DX7.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/eflh10244-...adecx2cx3.aspx
This is the unit I used (1024) when I converted my 72mhz Esky Lama V4. I have it bound to my DX6i now

Mike.

EDIT: On second though, I'm not so sure with the DX7 (discontinued) AND, I couldn't find a match. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
http://www.bindnfly.com/
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Last edited by Chap1012; Feb 10, 2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:52 PM
United States, NJ, Phillipsburg
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
Thanks guys:
I found a site for parts for the CX ( if I looked closer the body has Bladecx on it lol)
I know nothing about helis but I'm about to learn. I'm hoping to find a compatible 3 in 1 for my DX7 ,
After removing the body I found the 72mz crystal (channel 17) and the long antennae. I have some older 72 txs lying around and some crystals. Maybe that is the route I should take.

Tom

I meant 4 in 1
iflircaircraft is offline Find More Posts by iflircaircraft
Last edited by iflircaircraft; Feb 10, 2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: incorrect info
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:11 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
If you do decide to go with the 2.4GHz control unit, here is some info:

http://www.modelflight.com.au/eflite...2_with_dx7.htm
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:27 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,824 Posts
The 2.4g is nice. Lets just say, you have to fly a heli with it and then one with out (IE: 72mhz). I have flown both. The difference is remarkable. No glitching, and the control was clean and crisp. Night and day...

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:23 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,998 Posts
On the cheap, couldn't he buy one of Hobby King's orange receivers and attach it to the 3-in-1 or won't his come apart in separate halves?
The heli has the stock blades which do not pivot when they hit something. All CX2/CX3 parts will work, right? He can use pivoting grips?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:05 PM
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
Thanks for all the suggestions. I have been flying fixed wing A/C for a few years (30) and started on 72Mz . In the last 6 or 7 years I have been using 2.4. Not all my planes are converted over to 2.4.
I have just the one 2.4 Tx which is the DX7. I prefer the 2.4 to 72Mz for it's reliability.
Orange receivers I won't gamble on.
Pivoting Blades on a fixed pitch coaxial?

Tom
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:26 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
Hi Tom. I also have a lot of 72mhz craft. I have converted most to the 2.4 systems now though. Just got tired of all the tx's around the place. Kinda conveinant to just grab the one tx and go. A lot of people will tell you that you need to convert over to pivoting blades. There is a reason Eflight and the blade people went with the fixed blades. It is just more stabile. Plain and simple. They will say, "they break if you breathe on them wrong!", but the truth is...just don't try bouncing it off walls and things. Lot's of copters have fixed blades. Esky and walkera went with pivoting. To each his own. Just my thoughts.
Lee
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:40 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,998 Posts
Another thought on pivoting blades is that there are many choices out there instead of the one stock blade. If the heli has enough umph, you can use 55 Degree blades that give less lift at higher throttle for better FFF. Your chances of not running into a snafu or the blades clashing in aggressive flying are sort of slim.
Considering that you got the heli for a great price , there are many mods we do to ours to make them fly better. Aside from the fact that maintenance can be a PITA with the rear fuse on, it also inhibits air circulation to keep the motors cool. Most of us tossed the rear fuse and use a tail boom.
The stock motors are enclosed and heat quickly. We either go to AeroNutz motors with BIG cooling vents or Xtreme 180 motors.
We use an extended inner shaft set up to get away from blade clashes/ strikes.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:13 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
KJ speaks the truth! And well said. I prefer the aero-nutz motors myself. Just seemed smoother to me. I agree, there are a lot of mods ya can do. But, if all you are going to do is float around a inside room, you all ready have a great copter for that. It is true, if you go with pivot blades...you may have a lot more choices. Good or bad. Some come from across the big waters and take awile. Don't order them in the summer. Some are a guess. Some are fantastic. Just enjoy it first. Then see what ya want to do with it.
Lee
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:43 PM
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
Thanks again:
Turns out the guy who had given me the CX also had the Tx.
The Tx was in a milk crate along with a set of both upper and lower blades and the 2C lipo.
Turns out the CX had belonged to this guy's nephew who had moved on to larger helis (Collective pitch, flybarless)
So after hooking up the lipo to my balance charger at 1C it came up to full charge in about 45 mins and the cells were balanced.
I replaced both sets of blades and put 8 AAA duracells in the Tx.
Set it in the middle of the living room floor and throttled up.
The tail held steady but on lift off it wanted to roll left and the nose pointed down.
After setting it down,I gave it some rearward elevator and right aileron trim.
On the next attempt it still drifted a bit to the left but stayed level and the tail held well.
On subsequent attempts I held right aileron until it lifted off the floor then I eased off the aileron and it would hold ok with a bit of rocking front to back.
With just the one battery I ran out of juice and will charge it later.
I kinda like this thing and might hang onto it for awhile if for nothing else but to have something to fly on these cold days in NJ

Tom
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:20 PM
but maybe someday....
Joined Mar 2012
48 Posts
Hey Guys,
Its been 6 months since I posted last! Wow, its hasn't been that long since I've flown my CX2, but it has been awhile. I started it up and apparently letting these things be shelf trophies isn't very good for them because my hell took off to the left sideways and only holding the stick all the way to the right made it stop. Thank God my son ducked or it would have nailed him! I landed it promptly and realized the hell was making some sort of electrical twitching noise. Like the motors wanted to run but were waiting for me to give the command. So I shut it off and googled it but couldn't find anything. Has anyone heard of this?
notarealpilot is offline Find More Posts by notarealpilot