HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:55 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,749 Posts
Backing down on the gain is masking the problem if it is severe.
You got aluminum grips for $8 each?!!!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:58 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
A quad will NEVER turn like a heli ... EVER!!!

And because they dont fly like helis (for example) I mostly lost interest in them and I am selling almost all the stuff I had for quads. I will keep Bonnie, because it was the first quad I ever owned and I will keep my HOTEN X. (because its awesome and I did a pretty smashing paint job on it ... ...)
All the other stuff will subsequently go on the classifieds ...

I would gladly trade my MQX on Tuesday for an EDF wing with ducted fan today!!
http://www.nitroplanes.com/02a-101-n...-blue-arf.html
The video is pretty impressive with the guy flying in 20MPH wind. Our ol' buddy Don( I think it's the same guy who was doing all the CX2/Lama 4 brushless kits) just happens to have a build page where he swaps in one of his brushless beauties and a larger ESC for a little more kick:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1805205
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:41 PM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Backing down on the gain is masking the problem if it is severe.
You got aluminum grips for $8 each?!!!!
yep that i know, that's why I'm trying the alum. fly bar that is the only thing I could find that was sloppy. I just got it all back to gather and the fly bar flip flops nice and lose with no slop.
no got the pair for $8
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:39 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnier00 View Post
yep that i know, that's why I'm trying the alum. fly bar that is the only thing I could find that was sloppy. I just got it all back to gather and the fly bar flip flops nice and lose with no slop.
no got the pair for $8
Wow, that is a great deal!! I have the Xtreme aluminum grips on both of mine, which I really like. I wish I could have bought them for $8 for the pair. I'm thinking my was around $50 for a pair when I bought them.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:47 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
C'mon guys? None of you have a working Devo Deviation firmware mode.ini?
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:37 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,749 Posts
By "Northern Georgia" you don't mean Gwennett County, do you?
I think you're in the wrong thread!
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:38 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
No Bartow County. North enough?
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:02 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,749 Posts
My sons are in Gwennett County = Suwanee.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:06 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
In trying to setup a CX2 model in a Devo10 TX on Deviation firmware, I see I have to reverse the servo travels in the TX to get proper directions.

Will this confuse the Gyro? On some Walkeras if you do this you need to physically reverse the RxGyro on the heli.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:09 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,749 Posts
What does that have to do with an EFlite CX2?
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:08 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
What does that have to do with an EFlite CX2?
I have a CX2

I use a Walkera Devo 10 TX with Deviation firmware capable of transmitting in the DSM2 protocol.
I have it binded it to the CX2 Heli.
I see the Servos are traveling in reverse of what that are supposed to.
I want to know if I reverse the servo travel in the TX does the RX/Gyro need to be reversed physically on the Heli.

I ask because some it is required so on other models and I want to know if it is the same for the CX2?

Basically I want to see if I am going to be able to successfully use my Devo 10 / Deviation firmware TX wit the CX2 without needing to reverse the Gyro on its mount.

Sometimes when folks upgrade servos they will travel in reverse.
Sometimes this does not play nice with a Gyro. I am inquiring about if this is the case wit the CX2.

Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:45 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,749 Posts
I don't know anybody here who uses Walkera technology on their EFlite heli's. Some of us here have Walkera heli's, but haven't gotten so far into Walkera stuff to have a programmable Devo transmitter. After all, it wasn't all that long ago when guys were buying 2801's to accommodate their Walkera heli's and, as usual, they have changed things to where the 2801 isn't compatible with Devo stuff. That has happened a couple too many times and some of us have gone with Spektrum technology that doesn't change every year. There are a couple of guys who have changed out the receivers in their Esky heli's for Spektrum compatible radios.
Walkera is a little too fickle with their customers. Some of us have nice 400D coax's and now they're being dropped. In earlier days, the 5#10 was a decent heli and that's gone too. They are constantly coming out with new stuff that is not backwards compatible. They tend to leave a bad taste in your mouth after a while.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:34 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,788 Posts
Welcome GAPI. E2 might could answer your question. I am sure he will be reading this soon. I think you will be all right with that setup. But, I am not positive. Just don't think it will bother your gyro. Let us know? Bartow county eh, I am in Barrow. hahahaha, small world.
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:54 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Yes Small World! I attended training conducted by the county Swat Team there.

I am trying to find a simple answer and have been going at it too much in depth or over complicating the question I think.

I just wanted to know if its common thing or not for the Gyro not to play nice with reversed servos. I know the supplied TX has dip switches for this.

So Below is a VIDEO of what mine does. As its tilted towards the camera the closest motor to the camera revs up. I think the video answers my question though. If the Gyro was tied into the servos they would be moving with the tilting so it looks like motor speed only. But having that wrong is not good either eh?

I will have her back together soon with training gear to safe guard but knowing ahead of time is my quest.

Sorry for the out of focus, but I needed to be close for the sound.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:49 PM
United States, NJ, Phillipsburg
Joined Mar 2012
53 Posts
I'm hoping someone can help me. A coworker had given me this thing ( I don't know how he came across it) and he thought I'd have an interest in it. Anyone know what this is and if I can get parts and if I can use my DX7 to control it?

Tom
iflircaircraft is offline Find More Posts by iflircaircraft