HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:27 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
This is my second inner shaft with Alm head.
Yes and also new swash.
Pegs still there. Made sure they were in the pics.
Already did.

If you guys come up with anything else please add and thank you. I'll be back later and LHS tomorrow.
Bob
One more thing, check the frame over to make sure it's not cracked. Especially on the base by the shaft sleeve. It's a puzzler.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:35 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
This is my second inner shaft with Alm head.
Yes and also new swash.
Pegs still there. Made sure they were in the pics.
Already did.

If you guys come up with anything else please add and thank you. I'll be back later and LHS tomorrow.
Bob
Bob, I just can't get over that CX2 of yours. I've watched them videos over and over, and can't for the life of me think of what would cause it to dive like that. It's like it wants to do a frontwards flip. Have do checked the COG of the heli? You will have to let us know what you find out from the LHS. Are you using the LP5DSM transmitter with it, or a Spektrum tx?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:42 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
No cracks in the frame and it's nice and solid. The COG is on the money even with some added weight of the Extreme boom assy. Using the LP5DSM which works fine just before the dance. I'll probably get a Deviation model running on my Devo10 tonight just as a challenge but that won't change anything.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:46 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,499 Posts
Lasakro, I don't own a CX2. But your chicken dance video was so intriguing that I have to chime in. I think you assembled the rotor head wrong.

In a 45 Flybar system. The FB should make a 45 angle with the LEADING edge of the rotor. I'm not familiar with the CX2 enough to tell you how the head should be assembled and how is it possible that you got it in the current configuration. But the picture tells me that the FB is making a 135 angle with the leading edge of the rotor. That's why you heli is not flyable.

See if you would agree with my assessment. If so, I'll let you figure out how to get it right, cause I have no idea.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:55 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Lasakro, I don't own a CX2. But your chicken dance video was so intriguing that I have to chime in. I think you assembled the rotor head wrong.

In a 45 Flybar system. The FB should make a 45 angle with the LEADING edge of the rotor. I'm not familiar with the CX2 enough to tell you how the head should be assembled and how is it possible that you got it in the current configuration. But the picture tells me that the FB is making a 135 angle with the leading edge of the rotor. That's why you heli is not flyable.

See if you would agree with my assessment. If so, I'll let you figure out how to get it right, cause I have no idea.
I think you may have it nail! My gut all along said FB. Now I need to figure how I screwed up an assembly that you can't screw up. The bar is pushing before the leading edge. It's trying to fly the bar, that won't work.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:35 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Chicken Dance Solved

Heli Pad wins! Again he saved another one from Helicopter Cruelty. I just hope there aren't charges pending against me in the morning.

What manufacturer can be this cruel. Not only to the heli be everyone here on this thread. I don't remember if I received this screwed up head locally or on line. It's manufactured to lead the potential buyer to ultimate failure. It's a one piece unit. I had another attached to a slightly bent shaft and glad I kept it.

The heli now flies fine. It even likes rotor wash. I thought I was loosing it. Thanks guys!!! Hope to see you on the CP side of things. I owe you big time so just ask anytime if you stop by. Just don't ask me anything about coax'es.

For the permanent record:

Edit: Photo didn't upload with the annotations. See next Entry.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:57 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
CX2 Incorrect Head: (Try this again)
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:38 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,499 Posts
Unbelievable! Exactly 90 out of phase.

The only possible explanation is that the part was not made for CX2. You would notice that the upper rotors of the CX2 are CCW. All my coaxial helis have opposite direction. That other head is made for CW rotating upper.

I'm glad that I could help you with this one, because I'm starting on CP. I'm also interested in the DeviationX and Devo 7e. I'm not there, yet. Seems to me you're the man.

One day, I'm sure that you'll come to my rescue. For Quads and Coaxial Helis, ring anytime. I'll give you a pass on that chicken dance this time. No more helicopter cruelty, okay? Cheers, my friend.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:46 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:

The only possible explanation is that the part was not made for CX2. You would notice that the upper rotors of the CX2 are CCW. All my coaxial helis have opposite direction. That other head is made for CW rotating upper.

Every fiber in my body was gravitating towards the FB. I just couldn't P/U on it. I'm sure the tech would have caught it. Now, thanks to you, I need to find something else to do later, oh well

I'm glad that I could help you with this one, because I'm starting on CP. I'm also interested in the DeviationX and Devo 7e. I'm not there, yet. Seems to me you're the man.

It's sweet. I had the 130X show up yesterday. Went to the Deviation site but there were no 130 models so I grabbed one for a mCPx. Hell, other than the Pitch and Thtl curves a CP is a CP really. The only thing different with DMS2 or X is that the thtl is on ch 1 instead of WK on 3. Copied the model to the Devo 10 and it flue. Cool! Devo 7e is the last Tx they are working on because WK just came out with an firmware update. You might want to check it out. Without the FW you are unable to go back from Deviation incase you don't like it. That's now not the case. What CP do you have?

Link to current 7E development. As of 4 days ago they still had DSM power resets when binding.
http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-d...work?start=220

You can find all the needed links in one location on my blog.

One day, I'm sure that you'll come to my rescue. For Quads and Coaxial Helis, ring anytime. I'll give you a pass on that chicken dance this time. No more helicopter cruelty, okay? Cheers, my friend.
Take care. I'll probably unsubscribe to this tread in 24 or so once the other guys chime in. You can find me on the V120, 130X, Walk-era and Beyond, V400D02, Devo Hacking, Trex 450 and ALZRC Devil 480 Fast threads. Man, I need to start cutting back.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:32 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,147 Posts
Quote:

I bow my head in awe, Heli Pad!
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:44 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,837 Posts
It's a mass produced Xtreme head. There have been those that were drilled off center too and that's a great thing to try to fly. In China, quality control is optional.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:55 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I bow my head in awe, Heli Pad!
We're not worthy.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:58 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
It's a mass produced Xtreme head. There have been those that were drilled off center too and that's a great thing to try to fly. In China, quality control is optional.
Well, it LOOKS like an XTREME head ... who tells you (from this pic) that it REALLY is - and even if it has the Xtreme sign on the other side, I would not be surprised if someone actually DID copycat even these parts
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:01 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Well, it LOOKS like an XTREME head ... who tells you (from this pic) that it REALLY is - and even if it has the Xtreme sign on the other side, I would not be surprised if someone actually DID copycat even these parts
It's not marked but back then I was getting most of my Blade parts from Boomtown. They are heavy into Xtreme. Heli Pad did make a point that it may have been made for a heli with CW upper blade rotation.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:01 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
Do you have the original upper rotor head that you can try? Did you check the swashplate for separation? Are the blade pegs on the lower rotor still attached, and not broke off? Can you try a complete different set of rotor blades? (just a few suggestions)
Bob, I'm glad the thing is flying for you. This was one of the things that I suggested, but I thought you had said that you had tried a second one. Anyways I'm glad things all worked out.