HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:09 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
If you watch the end you see what happens when I apply some power. The top spins out. I didn't want to do this because something would break. Something always breaks on these. Well you asked and yes I broke another blade.

Don't fall out of your chair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Oux...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oJYEWEMKDk
Oh man, I haven't seen that before! Can you post a closeup picture of the helicopter. I would like to see the rotor assembly, so maybe we can help figure this out.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:17 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Let me get it off the 500 training gear. You REALLY don't want to see those 2 videos
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:21 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,650 Posts
Quote:
Tell me about it. Dude, I own 4 CP's and my latest sweety is the ALZRC Devil 480 Fast with a uBeast FBL. I can set up a CCPM in my sleep. It HAS TO BE something simple I'm missing and apriciate a fresh perspective. The tech at my LHS works there on Fridays so it's now big deal other than the embarrassment of going in there. I have the swash setup so there is no drifting until it starts it's ornery act. Tx E, A, & P centered. Opps- one to many there
OK, Roger that. Experience is good! I have to agree with flyeraroo. Man, I never seen the CX2 do a chicken dance two feet off the deck...in the air

Waiting on pics..

Mike.

EDIT: Oh BTW, I showed the vids to my wife. She thinks your heli is possessed
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:25 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
OK, Roger that. Experience is good! I have to agree with flyeraroo. Man, I never seen the CX2 do a chicken dance two feet off the deck...in the air

Waiting on pics..

Mike.
That thing looks like it's got turbo boosters on it!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:38 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Joined Mar 2008
11,650 Posts
Quote:
Let me get it off the 500 training gear. You REALLY don't want to see those 2 videos
Can you tell us if you bought this new, used, did you replace anything. Right now I'm thinking if it's new the gyro could be junk. Just the way it...well...does a chicken dance two feet off the deck. That blows my mind.

Mike.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:39 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
You guys are killing me! Keep them coming.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:03 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Can you tell us if you bought this new, used, did you replace anything. Right now I'm thinking if it's new the gyro could be junk.
I got it new more than 5 years ago new. It's been sitting for about 3-4. Motors stock. Been crashed a lot. Stock electronics. Just cosmetic other than mechanical repairs, shafts, FB, blades, rotor head, gear, you guys know.

I "flew" it just now by gently holding the tail then I disconnected the servos and repeated. Both results were very similar. If you let it dance, it did. If the gyro was FUBR then I would have expected different results.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:15 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Joined Mar 2008
11,650 Posts
Is the ball on the blade grip suppose to be off set? I know it is on my little mcx. Unless it's the angle of the pic.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:23 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
The balls on the "grips" are centered with the head / shaft. Might be the pic.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:33 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,510 Posts
I lost the internet for a while, but hopefully it stays up now. I don't see anything out of place. Try squeezing the top and bottom of the swashplate together with your fingers. Sometimes the stock swash will separate from hard landings and crashes. When watching the videos it looks as if the helicopter is getting full forward elevator when spooling up. I wander if the servo motor is spiking? Can you hold the helicopter in your hand (away from your face) and spool it up to watch the servos?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:37 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Joined Mar 2008
11,650 Posts
The upper collar doesn't look right. Like it's not seated flush with the bearing race. Does the outer shaft move up or down when you grab it by the lower rotor?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:44 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
The collar has a slight taper to the bottom. Probably looks like there is about a 1mm gap. Not the case. I snugged it against the race. No outer shaft movement up and down.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:13 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,510 Posts
Do you have the original upper rotor head that you can try? Did you check the swashplate for separation? Are the blade pegs on the lower rotor still attached, and not broke off? Can you try a complete different set of rotor blades? (just a few suggestions)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:20 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,149 Posts
I thought mine flew bad...I'm not complaining anymore
JDMJim is online now Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:21 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
Do you have the original upper rotor head that you can try? Did you check the swashplate for separation? Are the blade pegs on the lower rotor still attached, and not broke off? Can you try a complete different set of rotor blades? (just a few suggestions)
This is my second inner shaft with Alm head.
Yes and also new swash.
Pegs still there. Made sure they were in the pics.
Already did.

If you guys come up with anything else please add and thank you. I'll be back later and LHS tomorrow.
Bob