Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:55 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
Merry Christmas!
Ha, thanks! All the best to the best guys here! Whooooooot!

Shoot, looks like I am going to have to build another OlliW gyromixer for a friend of mine. I haven't done one with the new computer program he wrote yet.......I also may need some of your incredible Skytec parts for it also Sven.

And Sven, Send me something to do a brushless mod on my friend.... I owe you one! LMH
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Last edited by Luvmyhelis; Dec 21, 2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:26 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,997 Posts
It would seem as if the Svenster has bypassed our simple coax heli's and is flying on a much higher level. I envy guys who have gone steps higher while some, like me, are at a much lower, yet simpler, level of flying. Happy flying no matter what or where you fly!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:21 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,133 Posts
I believe in saying what you feel. I am not a politicaly correct sort of fella. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all.
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:00 PM
United States, PA, Clarks Summit
Joined Oct 2005
168 Posts
I've had a great year of coaxial flying thanks to you fellas sharing by posting your thoughts, ideas, fixes, upgrades, etc., all which have helped and contributed in some way.
Thanks very much Merry Christmas and may your holidays be joyful.
Bern
bebev is offline Find More Posts by bebev
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:26 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Aug 2012
57 Posts
No Response to Throttle

I have two mCX2 helis, a Tandem Rescue, two CX3 helis, and just purchased a new CX2. I'm pretty new at all of this but I'm pretty sure I've got a problem with my CX2.

I just took my CX2 out for the first time. I bound it to my DX6i but the LED on the EFLH1023 stays a solid red. The servos work correctly but the motors won't spin up when I give it throttle. I read a forum suggestion about setting the throttle trim all of the way down so I tried that and it didn't help. I replaced the AR6100e with a spare I have, rebound it, and it still won't respond to the throttle. Following another forum suggestion, I tested both motors by bypassing the EFLH1023 and connecting a "AA" battery to the JST connector. They both spin up so the motors themselves appear to be good.

Is there anything else I can try or do I have a bad EFLH1023?

-Steve

NEW DEVELOPMENT: I took apart the EFLH1023 Control Unit and the pot labeled "PROPORTIONAL" is completely destroyed. There is nothing but a cavity where the adjustment screw should be. I attached a picture I took of it.
SJMarty is offline Find More Posts by SJMarty
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:17 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,997 Posts
Holy cow, Batman!! That's a new one.
The throttle stick has to be all the way down to bind. The throttle on mine is set for 125%. All the rest are at normal settings except the gyro and that's because I have a brushless set up with an external gyro.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:16 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,821 Posts
Steve, with the "prop" pot looking like that, I doubt very much you'll get it to bind. I'd call Horizon Hobby and explain your situation. You "must" have your sales receipt before they'll do anything for you. Attach the pic and send it via email if they require it. IMHO, HH is very good to deal with. I got a bad EFLH1024 that I bought at another vendor and HH replaced it for me. Make sure you get on their "call back" system as this is much better. Many times they will get back within 20 minutes.

Good luck,
Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Aug 2012
57 Posts
Unfortunately, once I saw the pot, I figured it was shot.

When bound properly, should the LED on the EFLH1023 be solid green? Mine is solid red. Both of my CX3s have a different control unit (EFLH2001) but when they are bound, the LED is solid green.

Thanks.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:39 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
Yes, you are correct, it should be solid green. Are you using the DX6i when flying the CX3's? If so, I don't believe it's the tx settings, so I'm leaning more toward the control unit. Do you have a stock Eflite tx you can try binding the CX2 to?
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:45 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,821 Posts
My 1024 is solid green in the front and solid orange in the back. You do know between battery changes the TX MUST be shut down and re-started before another battery goes in. At least that's how my 1024 is.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:38 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,297 Posts
Hmm, for sure the previous owner was having problems in this area also as evidenced by the abuse.

I wonder. Can you take your throttle endpoints down below 0 on your Dx6i and try it again. Such as below -10. Your controller might not be seeing a low enough throttle sig. One of the good things you can do with a programmable tx.

And once this works, if it works. We can bypass the proportion with your progammable tx also. But this gets complicated. My concern is even if you get this to throttle up the prop needs to be correct to make this flyable.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Aug 2012
57 Posts
Yes, I'm using a DX6i. I dropped the throttle trim all of the way down and tried to rebind. No luck - I still get the solid red LED and no throttle response. I agree that I don't believe the transmitter is the issue.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Aug 2012
57 Posts
I definitely have to replace the 3-in-1. Since I already have two CX3s that have the EFLH2001, I'm looking for opinions...

Should I replace the bad 3-in-1 in the CX2 with the stock EFLH1023 or should I get the EFLH2001?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:13 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMarty View Post
I definitely have to replace the 3-in-1. Since I already have two CX3s that have the EFLH2001, I'm looking for opinions...

Should I replace the bad 3-in-1 in the CX2 with the stock EFLH1023 or should I get the EFLH2001?
If it were me, I would go with the EFLH1023 since it is less money. I myself don't need a head holding gyro on a coaxial helicopter. Single rotor helicopters they are nice to have, but a coaxial when using the mixer to regulate the 2 motors I don't believe it's necessary. (that's just my opinion) I have the EFLH1024 in both my CX helicopters, which is the same as the EFLH1023 only with a receiver built in. (4 in 1) I have never had any issue with the tail not holding that I couldn't control with the gyro gain on the control unit.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo