HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:31 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
I haven't seen this before, but what a DEAL! You just have to be able to stomach the color

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Mode_2_.html
So I take it, that this transmitter would not be compatible with Eflite's EFLH1024? (4 in 1 control unit)
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:57 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,243 Posts
Actually, it should be Spektrum compatible with all eflites products.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:04 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
So I take it, that this transmitter would not be compatible with Eflite's EFLH1024? (4 in 1 control unit)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Actually, it should be Spektrum compatible with all eflites products.
It looks that way so far. The EFLH1024 "does" bind with my DX6i....for what it's worth

I'm just having a hard time getting past the color. What do you all think?

There has been a lot of "hoop-La". Who will be the first to buy one

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:49 PM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
hello you all i have been working on a 9x tx got up and run with er9x system and love it. can't use it with my cx yet got to get a dms2 module they get you coming and going in this hobby don't they
i have a question on my cx the flybar is driving the gyro mixer crazy. it lose in the mount. do they ware out fast or something i have replaced the stock with a 6.5" sports flybar not long ago but its got a lot of slop now. any suggestion or just replace it?
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:54 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,816 Posts
It isn't the flybar that is developing slop but the yoke it sits in. You need to have a metal yoke on top of an extended shaft. If you bought an Xtreme extended shaft, you get a stock length shaft with a taller metal head/yoke(their way of accomplishing the same thing). Is it possible that you need to adjust the link on your flybar because you have excessive tracking issues with the blades?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:36 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnier00 View Post
hello you all i have been working on a 9x tx got up and run with er9x system and love it. can't use it with my cx yet got to get a dms2 module they get you coming and going in this hobby don't they
i have a question on my cx the flybar is driving the gyro mixer crazy. it lose in the mount. do they ware out fast or something i have replaced the stock with a 6.5" sports flybar not long ago but its got a lot of slop now. any suggestion or just replace it?
this should actually be easy to solve - I fly my LamaV4 with the 9x no problem - only thing needed was a 9x compatible RX and parting the 4in1 to a 3in1. It is actually a 100% plug in solution (for the V4!)
the problem with the CX I guess here is the different order of channels between Esky and Eflite. But this should be possible to solve the same way as it is possible to use a DX6i on the BigLama (BOL), just by changing the channel order ...
Well, again something I havent tried (for the CX2), but with the V4 it works fine. The RX cost me 7$ when I bought it (probably a year ago ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:23 AM
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
Quote:
It isn't the flybar that is developing slop but the yoke it sits in. You need to have a metal yoke on top of an extended shaft. If you bought an Xtreme extended shaft, you get a stock length shaft with a taller metal head/yoke(their way of accomplishing the same thing). Is it possible that you need to adjust the link on your flybar because you have excessive tracking issues with the blades?
i guess i will learn to read some day and lession to what you all say. I have a +12 yoke and a extended shaft. I have almost 3" between blade holders. My problem was the boom i'm using, it had to much vibration I ty-straped it to the landing gear and the heli magically stop shuttering. but rebuilding the flybar helped some too We got some of the storm blowing through with lots of wind so I'm flying 6" over my queen size bed playing 4 corners
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
this should actually be easy to solve - I fly my LamaV4 with the 9x no problem - only thing needed was a 9x compatible RX and parting the 4in1 to a 3in1. It is actually a 100% plug in solution (for the V4!)
the problem with the CX I guess here is the different order of channels between Esky and Eflite. But this should be possible to solve the same way as it is possible to use a DX6i on the BigLama (BOL), just by changing the channel order ...
Well, again something I havent tried (for the CX2), but with the V4 it works fine. The RX cost me 7$ when I bought it (probably a year ago ...)
I found a tx that plugs in the back of the er9x and will bind to DMS2 $26 lot more then $7-10 rx i found but the ar6110 is so small and I don't need to redo the heli again. Using the comp. to make the models setting and mixs is so easy. and that leads to this question. what would call the swash type on the cx 120, 120x, 140, or 90?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:43 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,816 Posts
There is no magical length for the boom either. You could always try to shorten the boom, but it would have to be in small steps. A shaky boom might be coming from something in the drive system. It doesn't take much.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:30 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,137 Posts
Quote:
I found a tx that plugs in the back of the er9x and will bind to DMS2 $26 lot more then $7-10 rx i found but the ar6110 is so small and I don't need to redo the heli again. Using the comp. to make the models setting and mixs is so easy. and that leads to this question. what would call the swash type on the cx 120, 120x, 140, or 90?
the swash type refers to the angle of the arms that connect to the servo rods. I think that is 90 in case of most 4ch coaxes (V4, CX2/3, even SP260 ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:34 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,935 Posts
Yes, it is 90*. But, I have flown most of my copters on "ACRO" mode. No need to go to all the trouble of setting up a copter on such a simple model. Just my two cents.
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:08 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,271 Posts
Quote:
There is no magical length for the boom either. You could always try to shorten the boom, but it would have to be in small steps. A shaky boom might be coming from something in the drive system. It doesn't take much.
One thing people always over look on these Sport Flybars are the weights themselves. Weigh each weight to ensure both are equal.

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:31 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Quote:
i guess i will learn to read some day and lession to what you all say. I have a +12 yoke and a extended shaft. I have almost 3" between blade holders. My problem was the boom i'm using, it had to much vibration I ty-straped it to the landing gear and the heli magically stop shuttering. but rebuilding the flybar helped some too We got some of the storm blowing through with lots of wind so I'm flying 6" over my queen size bed playing 4 corners
Balancing the rotor blades, and making sure the upper rotor blades are tracking properly corrects vibration also. "Balance" is one of the most important things on a helicopter.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:36 AM
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
thanks yall some good suggestion i'll do a run down on them all and see if any of them help. the boom was shorter then the xtreme i was using but it has no supports rods like the xtreme did. that one i should have seen first. but we all know sometimes easyest is the last to fix.

getting close to to x-mas so Marry Christmas and a Happy New year to you all and God bless us all
i can say that here right or should i have just said happy holidays
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:17 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,816 Posts
Merry Christmas to you too!!!!