HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:27 PM
Registered DLG addict
Minnesota
Joined Jan 2009
1,078 Posts
Hey guys,
I built a plug for a fiberglass canopy so I can spice up the looks of my CX2. If I did a run of some of these canopys would anyone be interested in them?
NighthawkF-117 is offline Find More Posts by NighthawkF-117
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:51 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkF-117 View Post
Hey guys,
I built a plug for a fiberglass canopy so I can spice up the looks of my CX2. If I did a run of some of these canopys would anyone be interested in them?
Can you post pictures of them? Fiberglass holds up much better than plastic.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:56 PM
Registered DLG addict
Minnesota
Joined Jan 2009
1,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
Can you post pictures of them? Fiberglass holds up much better than plastic.
Sure. I have to dig the camera out... Yeah the idea is that its durable, and looks better too. Im also considering adding carbon fiber tow.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:51 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,012 Posts
Should be interesting. To date, I had the only carbonfibre Cx canopy I have seen out there. And I have been flying with Trex 250 fg style canopies for the last year and a half. I am always on the look for something better.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:33 PM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
i'm in i would to see pic
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:38 PM
Registered DLG addict
Minnesota
Joined Jan 2009
1,078 Posts
Ill get some pics tommorow. I could do kevlar and carbon versions aswell.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:25 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkF-117 View Post
Ill get some pics tommorow. I could do kevlar and carbon versions aswell.
If you have that capability, I think you may find some of us looking for blades for this and BIGGER coax's more than the canopies. Some of us have Walker 400 size coax's and some have the Esky Big Outdoor Lama.
Luv, I had the brushless fired up in my rec room yesterday to put a few minutes on the battery. Got to LUV it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:09 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,497 Posts
Hi all
I've been flying my brushless Luv machine more now that it's indoor flying season and I am finding the limits. Can't bank her too much in aggressive turns without blade strikes. I didn't think that would happen so easy with the extended shafts but it does. Dual swash..... has anyone ever perfected this concept?
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:24 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
Hi all
I've been flying my brushless Luv machine more now that it's indoor flying season and I am finding the limits. Can't bank her too much in aggressive turns without blade strikes. I didn't think that would happen so easy with the extended shafts but it does. Dual swash..... has anyone ever perfected this concept?
There have been several people on here who reported about their dual swash builds, the best known I would say is EQMOD, who did a LOT of posts in several threads about it (most of the things way above my skills)
But really fascinating to follow ... he is kind of the rc groups yoda of dual swashes (and a whole lot of other stuff too ...)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:43 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,421 Posts
Quote:
Hi all
I've been flying my brushless Luv machine more now that it's indoor flying season and I am finding the limits.
Flying a CX2 to its limits indoors? My basement rec room is all I have and the ceiling is maybe 6 1/2 feet high. All the furniture makes it a challenge and I'm left with the MCX2 and the new Ladybird.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:52 AM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Flying a CX2 to its limits indoors? My basement rec room is all I have and the ceiling is maybe 6 1/2 feet high. All the furniture makes it a challenge and I'm left with the MCX2 and the new Ladybird.
Yea we have a few gym's that we fly in in the winter. Heli's and foamy 3D stuff.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:03 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Hi all
Yeah, EQ mod was kind of the forerunner in that concept. He built some various early coaxials using this. He and I used to pm back and forth on the dual swash mods and what we were seeing. I followed up with a pic by pic build guide on how to do it to a CX2/3 in the Vtail brushless thread. Wicked fast gnarly little heli after that. I did it in three flybar versions. one with weights and the other two with guided CF paddles. And then in two flybarless variations. You may just have to extend your upper shaft another half inch or so for now, plus shorten your flybar to the point where it starts getting flighty. It needs to be able to transition. Sounds like you are getting more aggressive. This is a good thing!

Also a little more weight down under Cog will help as it keeps the heli from rolling back in the bank, and allows the shortened flybar to transition. (It helps keep the heli stable when running a flighty or on the edge shorter flybar)
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Last edited by Luvmyhelis; Nov 25, 2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:10 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,625 Posts
might also be a question of which blades he is flying ... even though even the cf blades (well, I admit, reinforced ... but hey, better than nothing ...) allow for an occasional blade strike, it makes a heck of a difference which length and material etc. ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:11 PM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,497 Posts
Have used the plastic plain blades and Extremes so far. Haven't tried carbon fiber yet. I will nip a bit off the flybar and try that. Also look into a longer inner shaft too. Regardless, I'm havin fun!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:15 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,410 Posts
Quote:
Have used the plastic plain blades and Extremes so far. Haven't tried carbon fiber yet. I will nip a bit off the flybar and try that. Also look into a longer inner shaft too. Regardless, I'm havin fun!
You don't need to "nip" nothing off. Just move the weights in.

That's only if I'm thinking what your thinking. You just may want to go back to that spot

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012