HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:51 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,706 Posts
Welcome!!
If your heli is hovering steadily, it's trimmed well to begin with. You should be seeing this with the sliders near the sticks all centered except for the throttle one. Pushing the right stick up or down does not make it fly forward and backward? Moving the right stick left and right doesn't make your heli slide left and right? What about giving it throttle so it's up in the air and then moving the left stick to the right and left? Doesn't it make the nose of the heli turn left and right? (All of this assumes you're flying with the transmitter in MODE2, with the throttle on the left side). If the 4-in-1 light is green, it means the heli is powered up and the receiver and transmitter are talking to each other. You should be able to check out the right stick control and the corresponding servo movement without giving it any throttle at all. You should see the servos moving and then see the swash plate move at the same time. When the swash plate moves, you should see the blades tip. I'm not so sure that you could hover the heli if one or both of the servo links were popped off of the swash plate. Are you saying the heli doesn't move in any direction at all or that it does move, but you think it should be moving more than it is?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:54 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,160 Posts
Olli, we did explore the ejector pin idea on the vtail brushless thread. No one here in the states seemed to want to spend the extra money or go through the effort. If I remember correctly the idea was tabled years ago by Tony who helped found an now defunct company that produced the first decent extended inner shafts we had seen. Which responded in my quote that the only guys wanting to spend money, real money on the Cx's seemed to be the guys in germany. True story, and it got rebuffed for the comment as I remember later. Lol.
I tried several types of cf inner shafts and simply couldn't find any 2mm thick material that held up. I have so much 2mm cf stock left it is crazy! I had more success with the outer shaft, as I found much thicker CF that held up from the twist but still found it fracturing around the lower gear mounting area from the set bolts or screws.

Bebev, I run extended shafts and just blade struck a brand new set of 55deg blades just doing some sideways quick swash pumps last week. But I fly out on the 4th hole of metal gear servos. Much much higher swash angles. If you are just hovering around you may not get blade strike. But I do almost weekly even with extended shafts.

And Sonnier, I also tried titanium. It was simply too flexible to be of any real value. The company producing it is actually in Germany.

jochavez, take a look at your swash. If it is plastic I would hazard a guess that the swash separated or is in process of separating?
Luvmyhelis is online now Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:03 PM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
1,436 Posts
Quote:
we did explore the ejector pin idea on the vtail brushless thread. No one here in the states seemed to want to spend the extra money or go through the effort
LOL... I paid about 16Eur for my ten ejector pins... 1.60 per pin... so it must have been the effort

BTW: I never used extended shafts... if I did had a blade strike I did consider this a pilots' mistake... Bebev, you're at least not alone
OlliW is offline Find More Posts by OlliW
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:40 PM
Flying High
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
The same thing happens to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kxp14 View Post
Ya i turn on my transmitter first but when i plug battery in the bottom blades start spinning by itself. I dont know what to do anymore.
Hello guys, hello KXP14
I'm also new in this hobby and after a lot of crashes and a lot of money (not much, but still some extra) I am finally enjoying my Blade CX2 and the reason is that I just recently adquired an Spektrum DX7S and is the best thing that I had so far, I am able to fly my heli and my two planes at the expo rate that I want, for example for my Blade CX2 I lower the aleiron and the elevator exponential to 50% and I can control my heli much better.
But, this weekend i was showing my son how master I've got and flew a couple of minutes until the battery went dead (normal dead, I have the alarm set for 6 minutes) I unplugged the battery, turned off the TX and went inside to get my second li-po battery (newer than the other) and turned back on the TX and then plugged the li-po and surprise!!!!!!!!!!!! The bottom blades started to spin at a high speed with my throttle and trim all the way down.
Also I've noticed that the light on the RX wont turn on as if the bind was lost, and my servos don't work.
I try to bind it again and the TX said is binding, then binding complete, but still the same thing, lower blades spining at high speed, no servos movement and no light on the receiver. Everything is original in my Blade CX2 except the swashplate wich i changed after knowing that this was the problem for my early flights.
If you guys know what happened and how can I fix it, it will be very much apreciated
Thank in advance for your help
rguastaferro (Caracas - Venezuela)
rguastaferro is offline Find More Posts by rguastaferro
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:30 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,909 Posts
Sorry if this sounds stupid but, did you remove the bind plug after you binded to your CX2 to the TX?
Did you follow binding procedure in the manual?

Welcome to RCG,
Mike
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:44 PM
Flying High
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
Yes Mike, I did removed the bind plug after binding and also followed the normal binding procedure. Don't worry if your questions sound for dummies, it may help me anyway.
Just to remind you, the heli started to act wierd before I re-bind it.
I forgot to write somethig that I did and maybe this is what cause the problem: Before I turned off my TX, I reset all of the trims (aileron, elevetor and rudder) to its central position.
Thanks for your welcome
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:04 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,706 Posts
If your servos are not working and the 4-in-1 light does not come on, it is not bound - the heli and transmitter are not talking. Do not apply throttle unless you KNOW the servos are working = communication. I had many problems when I converted my heli to brushless and it was because I thought the binding was good, but it wasn't. Do you still have the stock transmitter? Bind that transmitter to the heli and see if it flies OK. If so, it's a problem of some kind with the DX7 and the bind process.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:45 AM
Flying High
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
I have't done that, and it seems a very logical thing to do! That is why you guys are the experts.
I have the stock transmitter and will try to bind it this afternoon - I let you know.
Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:50 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rguastaferro View Post
Hello guys, hello KXP14
I'm also new in this hobby and after a lot of crashes and a lot of money (not much, but still some extra) I am finally enjoying my Blade CX2 and the reason is that I just recently adquired an Spektrum DX7S and is the best thing that I had so far, I am able to fly my heli and my two planes at the expo rate that I want, for example for my Blade CX2 I lower the aleiron and the elevator exponential to 50% and I can control my heli much better.
But, this weekend i was showing my son how master I've got and flew a couple of minutes until the battery went dead (normal dead, I have the alarm set for 6 minutes) I unplugged the battery, turned off the TX and went inside to get my second li-po battery (newer than the other) and turned back on the TX and then plugged the li-po and surprise!!!!!!!!!!!! The bottom blades started to spin at a high speed with my throttle and trim all the way down.
Also I've noticed that the light on the RX wont turn on as if the bind was lost, and my servos don't work.
I try to bind it again and the TX said is binding, then binding complete, but still the same thing, lower blades spining at high speed, no servos movement and no light on the receiver. Everything is original in my Blade CX2 except the swashplate wich i changed after knowing that this was the problem for my early flights.
If you guys know what happened and how can I fix it, it will be very much apreciated
Thank in advance for your help
You may also want to check the tx battery to make sure it's charged and good to go.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:15 PM
Flying High
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
Guys, I hate to tell you this, none of the sugestions you gave me, worked.
No binding with the stock transmitter!
I think, even more each time, that the 3-in-1 unit went dead. Is there a way to test it? I hace a multimeter and a couple of tools, I also know how to work with tin solder, so if anyone can help me to test the unit in order to confirm this is the problem or rule out.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:44 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rguastaferro View Post
Guys, I hate to tell you this, none of the sugestions you gave me, worked.
No binding with the stock transmitter!
I think, even more each time, that the 3-in-1 unit went dead. Is there a way to test it? I hace a multimeter and a couple of tools, I also know how to work with tin solder, so if anyone can help me to test the unit in order to confirm this is the problem or rule out.
Does the 3 in 1 light up at all? If so check the wires going to the rx. Also try a different battery, could have been a bad end on the battery. It's funny it was working fine before changing batteries.
edit: you didn't reverse the polarity of the battery when plugging into the 3 in 1? This will start the blades spinning, and usually burnout things in the 3 in 1 unit. Did you smell an odor from the 3 in 1 after connecting the battery?
Last edited by flyeraroo; Oct 17, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:09 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
737 Posts
I just bought a cx2 and am having some trouble. My motors wont engage! Please help!
TheBeastTamer is offline Find More Posts by TheBeastTamer
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:48 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanf58 View Post
I just bought a cx2 and am having some trouble. My motors wont engage! Please help!
Is this new? Used? What do you mean the motors won't engage. Do you mean you are getting no power to your motors and they won't spin up?

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:24 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanf58 View Post
Sometimes it's something as simple as having the throttle lever, and the throttle trim lever at their lowest setting when plugging in the battery.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
Well I'm flying again. I'm using Olliw coax mixer, E2 motors he suggest 11.4v 1600mah battery, stock ga250 gyro. I was sure the CX could go wow dose it fly now. We have been having nice evenings here in Tx.
I do appreciate all the help you guys have been giving me
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00