SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:56 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Yes, we sort of let the RC rivisud part of it slip by and I was going to comment on that today. Run, do not walk, away from them.
Well, boys, for most of us, the season will be over before you know it. I'll be putting the plane and bigger heli's away and reverting to the MCX-2. Have you guys gotten into any new indoor stuff lately? There are palm size quads out.;)
get your informations from a larger pool of sources jack! ... there are about a handful of different threads on the different palmsize quads ...
V939, MJX X100, UDI816, Walkera LB V1 (6axis) and V2 (3axis)

As far as "value" for money goes, the MJX seems to be the top contender at the moment (it has its own thread and you can also find some info about it on my blog [including a video])
It is definitely the best flying micro quad I personally tried YET and only 42$ shipped RTF!
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:30 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,332 Posts
If your wanting to stick with your spektrum radio you could build a mqx/ladybird hybrid. I'm fixing to do one in a few weeks. They seem to be a blast. I won't comment to much on the other releases because I've been following and I would say erdnuckle probably knows just about more than anyone else in that category.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:03 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Dec 2007
292 Posts
I have the Xtreme ESL410 Outer Shaft and Gear Set. My outer shaft is bent. For now I'm straightening out the best I can. What I want to know is, is there somewhere I can buy just the shaft? I have found just the gear but cant find any online stre that sells just the outer shaft? thanks!
randyc159 is offline Find More Posts by randyc159
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Mar 2009
10,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc159 View Post
I have the Xtreme ESL410 Outer Shaft and Gear Set. My outer shaft is bent. For now I'm straightening out the best I can. What I want to know is, is there somewhere I can buy just the shaft? I have found just the gear but cant find any online stre that sells just the outer shaft? thanks!
I have never hear of a store (in my almost 5 years with coaxes) that ONLY has the individual Xtreme outer shaft. I would have outers that can be used, but they are longer, as I always flew extended inner AND outer shafts. so if you want those to be stock length, they have to be shortened ...

Anyway, pm me if you are interested ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:02 PM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I have never hear of a store (in my almost 5 years with coaxes) that ONLY has the individual Xtreme outer shaft. I would have outers that can be used, but they are longer, as I always flew extended inner AND outer shafts. so if you want those to be stock length, they have to be shortened ...

Anyway, pm me if you are interested ...
where are you getting the extended shafts from?
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined Oct 2011
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Nice work sonnier00. Not only does it look awesome, but I get it performs great. I am a little jealous of all the white xtreme stuff. I hope when I have some money to blow I can pick up all the xtreme stuff in white and then add the airbrushed white with black window canopy from boomtown and use black foldable blades. I think that would look really clean and sharp.
Thanks I like your white and black scheme too
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:19 AM
Joined Mar 2009
10,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnier00 View Post
where are you getting the extended shafts from?
got all I could order years ago from xheli ... they lasted me ever since (in particular since I barely ever touch a coax lately - its all UFO now [I would have never thought that might happen considering a friend tried to get me into quads about two years ago already and I steadfastly refused ... ... now see where THAT got me ...])
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:40 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,303 Posts
Sven, are these the same heavy duty shafts you sent me last year? If so these things are simply brilliant!
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:31 AM
Joined Mar 2009
10,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Sven, are these the same heavy duty shafts you sent me last year? If so these things are simply brilliant!
Yes, they are LMH!

But that reminds me - which lower head do you use on these ?? As I only bought them because I knew I could use them thanks to using the Skytec lower head(s) - I still dont know if they will really work with other aluminum lower heads as well ... ...)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2012, 03:41 PM
Joined Oct 2011
215 Posts
well starting over

I started cleaning up the cx wires and mounting. but you all know the saying if it ain't broke don't mess with it. Not sure what happen but I thank it all started with a bad battery. if the s/c where probable it's not now. found some at HobbyKing 8a going to try them. I would like to do away with the Eflite 3n1 and converters. looking for a micro prossor to replace it. I have been looking at Nine Eagles, do I need to run and hide or are they ok, also the Arduino but not witch one to use.
Thanking about the c10 motors they are airplane motors and have no cooling fan and their running hot. I'm going to fab a fan up from lexan. Let you know how that turns out.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:17 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,303 Posts
Sonnier, there is a long unused thread on how to do this here.
This link ought to stick you right in the middle of it somewhere. Most if not all the brushless mods and even dual swash mods are in it. I think this may hit right about where we started playing with OlliWs coaxial mixers and even the modified vtail mixer he helped pioneer.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...331390&page=42
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Yes, they are LMH!

But that reminds me - which lower head do you use on these ?? As I only bought them because I knew I could use them thanks to using the Skytec lower head(s) - I still dont know if they will really work with other aluminum lower heads as well ... ...)
Yeah, I have both configs. One with the eflite Skytec hub and the other with the lama version which I prefer. Skytec makes the best CX and Lama parts in the world. But this outer shaft is even better than theirs was. Here is a pic with it using your grip stiffeners. I found this to be almost as effective as the pricey Xtreme grips. Shoot, now that I broke this out I am gonna head out and put a few packs through the old faithful thing.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:32 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,839 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nice. I have the Skytec upper collar, lower rotor and upper bearing holder. Best purchase I ever made for my V4

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Sep 02, 2012, 02:57 AM
Joined Oct 2010
4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nice. I have the Skytec upper collar, lower rotor and upper bearing holder. Best purchase I ever made for my V4

Mike.
Yeah, add some of their cnc milled delrin gears, and ceramics into the mix on top of those and the heli really smooths out.

It was super windy out today, and I found myself laughing out loud as I was flying this thing. More power than I can use on a normal day saved my goose today. That plus the OW gyromixer and this thing was really responsive. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a coax and has limits. Once that flybar tips over in its gyroscopic upper control during a cool bank, it is over.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:46 PM
Joined Oct 2011
215 Posts
controller

I did the digging and found a what looks to be and easy controller to use if it will fit. It's a KKMuilticopter 5,5 it may be a little powerful for a CX but thats OK. My next project is going to a Turnigy H.A.L. (Heavy Aerial Lift) Quadcopter so let the learning curve be on what know the CX right?