HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:51 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnier00 View Post
Hi, what is the link to the ceramic bearings?
Shoot, sorry. I have been buried the last week with projects and hadn't logged back in. There is a chinese vendor offering sets of 10 in differing sizes of them w/free ship for less than $6 on fleabay. I would have posted a direct link but the way they list them the lisings rotate. I bought quite a few sets of different sizes after my first orders of them came in and I was able to verify the quality. For the money they are astounding.

Also, KJ. I have found that the upper linkage length can also effect tbe just as much as the flybar length and mass. Not only this, but if you adjust it and reduce upper blade lift it greatly effects ff flight and how nimble the heli is also. Part of my success in getting coaxials to bank well also involved tuning the flybar link. But you have to have a memms gyro brushless system for this to work well.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:56 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,292 Posts
Nice to see you back LMH.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:00 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,639 Posts
@LMH, You must be a busy boy. Hope you're getting some flying in. I went with your lead and couldn't find anything. So, I just ordered a set from Boomtown. I hope I get my money's worth

Hope you're not working too hard.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:37 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,275 Posts
I just pulled the heli off the speaker where it has been quietly waiting and blasted off a few great flights this evening. I love it when the wind dies down to almost nothing and the sun is just setting. Nice, dead quiet and the best flying time ever. This is still my favorite heli for relaxing flying. I just keep having to re learn the fact they don't like banks beyond 70deg too well. Lollz!

I actually picked it over my recently built fully custom, stretched double brushless modded mcpx. That little thing is a handful. Most times I would rather set the CX down gently into the grass after a full 10 or more minute flight than set a modded cp heli down with hands shaking as I think to myself that it survived another outing. I also just finished a string of new custom fabbed 6 and 12s 420mm stretched DFC Fbl 450s. Plus buried deep in winding motors for guys, and finishing up a new 12s stretched 600 with 815s on it.

I did get out another brushless modded Ga250 memms gyro Vtail (olliW) CX3 with the CF frame and all custom parts to a friend over in bankok this last week. Just to find out the dang post office crushed the box before he got it delivered to him and mangled the heli.. Man, I hate the postal system. They also destroyed a new 6s hand fabbed cf bodied stretched 6s heli I sent out with a one off Helihaven prototype raised tail on it. Then lost a brushless converter I had sent to another programmer. Sven's luck is rubbing off on me.

Not to mention I have had four customs go up in flames this last two months with Castle cremations pyrotechnical esc issues. Been fun!
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:09 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,292 Posts
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate luck over the last few weeks. Sounds super frustrating.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:58 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Mar 2009
383 Posts
LuvMyHelis,

I was checking out some of your CX2 builds in the V-Tail thread. That's a Nice looking CX2!

Where did you get that corrugated blue tubing for your wire wraps, and where did you get those aluminum skids? Are they 250 size?

I was thinking of building a CX2 from some spare parts. I ordered the tail boom holder from Miracle mart.

Thanks, Joe
JDFiend is offline Find More Posts by JDFiend
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:40 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFiend View Post
LuvMyHelis,

I was thinking of building a CX2 from some spare parts. I ordered the tail boom holder from Miracle mart.

Thanks, Joe
That boom bracket should be available in the States somewhere. No sense paying outrageous S&H and waiting 3 weeks if you can avoid it. I buy a lot of parts from Eboyztoys and HopMeUp.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:30 PM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
cx fly bar link

KJ or any body know of a replacement linkage for the fly bar?
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:19 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Joined Mar 2008
11,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnier00 View Post
KJ or any body know of a replacement linkage for the fly bar?
You'll have to use the old one off your old flybar. I remember warning "whitehawk" that these links are difficult to find. Boomtown sells Xtreme links for my V4 (ESL048). Dang, call Jammie and see if he sells them separately. You would think they would mention that when you buy those sport flybars. They mention the stupid hex wrench that nobody really needs (weeellll,,, i won't get into that).

I would hate to see you buy one of these just to get the flybar link.
http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem...p/bcx303-p.htm

I also did a search query of "ball link rod set" which is on the package in front of me. The (ESL048)

Hopefully someone will be more helpful than I

Mike.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:31 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,292 Posts
Everywhere I've looked it seems like unfortunately you have to purchase the whole flybar assembly in order to get the linkage.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:43 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Joined Mar 2008
11,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Everywhere I've looked it seems like unfortunately you have to purchase the whole flybar assembly in order to get the linkage.
We all here, on RCG, had our favorite on-line hobby shop..Helitek-RC. Most, if not all got our shafts, flybars and other goodies there. You could buy a CF sport flybar or the steel version. When you ordered, you where asked if you needed flybar links. You indicated V4 or CX's as they are a different size. Dang, I miss those guys. They are two members here on RCG.

I'm sure many of you veteran RCG'ers remember

Mike.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:47 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Well, that is at least what I remember as well. Maybe this helps ...

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=2071

(You should also be able to get this "locally" in the US for example at boomtown, hopme up or eboyztoys ... or similar ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:08 PM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
here is some pic of my project cx

this is what I have been working on. I though y'all might would like to see
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:17 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,940 Posts
Looks great. What did you have to do to get it flying?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:03 AM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Joined Mar 2008
11,639 Posts
Hey Guys, If most of you have the blade folding mod, would the flybar links for the V4 work? I don't see why they wouldn't...you all fly V4 blades with this mod right?

Was just thinking

Mike.