SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:33 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,764 Posts
I have asked several times about that LED flybar. I would use it without the batteries or, needing the batteries for the weight of them, I wouldn't hook up the lights.
I'm surprised that Mike didn't mention you need to mod your battery tray for anything other than the stock batteries. You use a piece of plastic like a credit card and add Velcro so any physical size of battery can fit and you even have the bonus of being able to put that battery more forward for better forward flight.
It didn't take you long to read that Xtreme "stuff" can be hit or miss = ~50%. Some of it is pretty clever, but some are a pure copy of somebody else's stuff that isn't pulled off that well.
Double stick tape to hold on a boom isn't exactly a hot set up. You could buy an Xtreme boom bracket, cut off the nub at the end and drill it for a 5MM piece of CF rod. Like I've pointed out a zillion times, it sure would be nice to be able to sticky often referred to info so we don't have to re-post it all the time.
Hopmeup is a great dealer. I've gotten a lot of my stuff from them. They have blue canopies like I have on mine.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:10 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
I have asked several times about that LED flybar. I would use it without the batteries or, needing the batteries for the weight of them, I wouldn't hook up the lights.
I'm surprised that Mike didn't mention you need to mod your battery tray for anything other than the stock batteries. You use a piece of plastic like a credit card and add Velcro so any physical size of battery can fit and you even have the bonus of being able to put that battery more forward for better forward flight.
It didn't take you long to read that Xtreme "stuff" can be hit or miss = ~50%. Some of it is pretty clever, but some are a pure copy of somebody else's stuff that isn't pulled off that well.
Double stick tape to hold on a boom isn't exactly a hot set up. You could buy an Xtreme boom bracket, cut off the nub at the end and drill it for a 5MM piece of CF rod. Like I've pointed out a zillion times, it sure would be nice to be able to sticky often referred to info so we don't have to re-post it all the time.
Hopmeup is a great dealer. I've gotten a lot of my stuff from them. They have blue canopies like I have on mine.
Arent you one of the guys who always advocates low AUW?? The Xtreme flybar V2 weighs about 3 times as much as a stock flybar ... WITHOUT LEDs and batteries!!! - How does THAT fit into your consideration on how it might be to fly it??
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Did I FLY today??
Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:25 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,220 Posts
Yeah I've used some xtreme stuff on past helis. Some of it good stuff some of it not so good. I definitely want the v4 boom, but I will stick with the boom on there for now because it came with it and you can't beat free. .

I guess I haven't taken the time to check the weight specs yet. I guess that pretty much throws that out the window if it's that much heavier. I guess I'll go with the boomtown pro flybar.

Figured I'd have to do some modding for other batteries but wasn't sure the best route. Thanks for the info.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
My CX with brushless up grades

I have been flying my cx for about 1 1/2 years. and enjoy it a lot. It has been upgraded to the max I thought with Xtreme motors shafts blades ect.. I found http://www.flyrcrivesud.com I like the longer shafts they work well. waiting for a replacement outer shaft I striped the gear. You have to use 2 washers for spacing on the bottom bearing and I did not lower the pinion to match the outer gear (i hope that was the problem with that) I have all so went brushless ( a new area for me). I found a conversion kit $88 http://www.wowhobbies.com/brushless-...ama-v4-v3.aspx it's easy to in stall but you need to check your gear mash after installing. I'm using 3c lipo and boy dose it fly the 2c work fine but I found the fly time is reduced. I don't have a good camera to take pic or I would. I can tell you the motors the kit uses 1404-2900 at http://www.aero-nuts.com/product_inf...roducts_id=497 or hobbyking.
Now that I have had a learned some about BL motor I might could have saved some money, but hay that's how we learn right ( signal conversion esc and the lot)
keep the ideas flying and thinks Jack for your help I have been reading a lot of you reply's
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:59 PM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post

P.s.. chap, I found a great supplier of ceramics for our Cx's at a fraction of the cost.....
Hi, what is the link to the ceramic bearings?
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:52 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,220 Posts
Just ordered the sport/pro flybar kit (boomtown version). I couldn't get myself to blow money on the Xtreme with how much weight it added. Besides with this I can play with both flybars to see/feel the difference. Next up ordering some aero nuts motors. Probably won't do much flying until the flybar comes in. I don't want the out of whack flybar to start screwing other things up.

I did fly it in the house for a few minutes today. Definitely just basic circuits for our small house, but somehow I still found it more enjoyablet than the micros. I think it looks much more dangerous in our shall living room. Haha

By the way here is the link for the flybar kit. It seems hopmeup is the only one carrying it in the set like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280864507945...84.m1439.l2649
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:19 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
By the way here is the link for the flybar kit. It seems hopmeup is the only one carrying it in the set like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280864507945...84.m1439.l2649
I guess I don't understand why they would give you a 6" flybar when you can just move the weights. I also don't understand their 3 flybar set, but that's just me.
Thank you Sven for finally giving us feedback on the Xtreme flybar.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:22 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnier00 View Post
keep the ideas flying and thinks Jack for your help I have been reading a lot of you reply's
It's all about sharing information and cutting down on the pain and learning curve associated with heli's. Why struggle with a problem if you know you can go somewhere and at least get other opinions?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:28 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
I guess I don't understand why they would give you a 6" flybar when you can just move the weights. I also don't understand their 3 flybar set, but that's just me.
Thank you Sven for finally giving us feedback on the Xtreme flybar.
well, I put this info on my V4 blog several months ago, right after the flybar came out at miracle mart Jack.
Seems that even thoug my blog thread is a lot shorter than the official V4 thread and has an index, some info still manages to just get lost ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Did I FLY today??
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:31 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,220 Posts
I figured it was for those that want to keep the weights on the very end of the bar rather than have part of the rod sticking out on each end or having to do cutting down. I'm a visual person and my OCD would drive me nuts if I had part of the rod sticking out on each end.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:32 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,220 Posts
Oh and yes thanks for the info on the xtreme flybar.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:10 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
I figured it was for those that want to keep the weights on the very end of the bar rather than have part of the rod sticking out on each end or having to do cutting down. I'm a visual person and my OCD would drive me nuts if I had part of the rod sticking out on each end.
If you knew ahead of time that either the 6 1/2" or the 6" were the cat's behind, that would be great. The flybar on my Lama 4/ A-300 is down to 4" and I still get porpoising!!!! I can always take the top off of one of my trash cans and fly it in there and solve the problem! Nothing seems to work. As much as I like my CX-2, this last Esky thing is a dud!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:28 PM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
204 Posts
my blade CX2 vibrates like CRAZY. I replaced both props and its still really bad. My heli is stock exept for the boomtownhobies CF tail boom and the motor heatsink... any ideas on how to reduce the vibrations?
iCrap is offline Find More Posts by iCrap
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:26 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,220 Posts
Have you checked to make sure your flybar isn't bent. It might not look it, but even the slightest bend can completely change things. Also did you try balancing your blades. Having balanced blades will really smooth things out. Other than that slowly spin your rotors and make sure the gears aren't binding. That's my .02. I'm sure some of the others might have some other pointers.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:13 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,764 Posts
We've mentioned before that any little thing is going to show up as a vibration at the end of the boom. A bent shaft, more than anything else, will cause this. It doesn't take much and the gyro picks up on it and amplifies it. If you're noticing the vibe, it has to be at or near eye level and close to you. It's supposed to be 10 feet up and 150 feet away!!!!!!