HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2006, 09:05 AM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyros
I've wondered myself it we put Teflon spray lubricant on the ball joints and maybe the gears, it could help with these problems???

Perhaps some of you have tried this route, any luck?, did it help, or make a mess?
I apply a very small drop of teflon based lubricant to the flybar linkage ball and holder. Seems to help keep things nice and loose which is a requirement for stable hover.
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2006, 10:23 AM
Model eAviator
Campbell CA
Joined Oct 2003
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH GORDON
can someone please tell me what is [are ] the differences between cx and cx2? my cx is still flying strong but i have not been around for some time to keep up.

thanks
The Blade CX2 takes the excitement and beginner-friendly flight stability of the original Blade CX and adds Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM radio control that lets you fly anywhere, anytime without ever having to worry about interference. Itís the first ready-to-fly RC aircraft of any kind to come with this extraordinary technology built in. In addition, the 4-in-1 control unit has been updated with improved gyro and tail control that gives the Blade CX2 even better tail response while minimizing drift.

You get a Spektrum Radio AND a CX Chopper!

Rk
RickM is offline Find More Posts by RickM
Old Dec 13, 2006, 01:25 PM
sardis,bc
Joined Sep 2003
502 Posts
thanks rickm,cx2 should be here by the end of the week.cant wait.
CRASH GORDON is offline Find More Posts by CRASH GORDON
Old Dec 13, 2006, 01:28 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
the 4-in-1 control unit has been updated with improved gyro and tail control that gives the Blade CX2 even better tail response while minimizing drift.

Have you actually flown a CX2 ?? The drift is worse. And the response is slower. And IMO the servos are not as good as the originals. The motors have not been improved. They are the same. I like the CX with vortex motors 100 times better. The DSM is a nice option for the field where there are other people, but I don't think you need it for where you will be flying the bird. Which is mostly in your house.

Joe
xtreme is offline Find More Posts by xtreme
Old Dec 13, 2006, 01:29 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH GORDON
thanks rickm,cx2 should be here by the end of the week.cant wait.
Sorry crash, Didn't mean to rain on your parade.
Joe
Old Dec 13, 2006, 02:11 PM
sardis,bc
Joined Sep 2003
502 Posts
hahahahahaha no worries joe
CRASH GORDON is offline Find More Posts by CRASH GORDON
Old Dec 13, 2006, 02:28 PM
Free Flying
Joined Nov 2006
525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme
I like the CX with vortex motors 100 times better.
what do you like about the vortex motors? quieter?
anci3nt is offline Find More Posts by anci3nt
Old Dec 13, 2006, 03:35 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,769 Posts
Quote:
the 4-in-1 control unit has been updated with improved gyro and tail control that gives the Blade CX2 even better tail response while minimizing drift.

Have you actually flown a CX2 ?? The drift is worse. And the response is slower. And IMO the servos are not as good as the originals. The motors have not been improved. They are the same. I like the CX with vortex motors 100 times better. The DSM is a nice option for the field where there are other people, but I don't think you need it for where you will be flying the bird. Which is mostly in your house.

Joe
You know........I'll have to somewhat agree here, I have 2 CXs (with ventilation mods) and now in addition, 2 CX2s. Aside from the occasional "glitch" from the CXs, I'd be hard pressed to pick one above the other. I actually find myself trimming for tail drift during flight more often with the newer red birds than I do with the originals. I love 'em all though, all four hover hands off for many seconds, something a weirdo perfectionist like me could never accomplish with the Esky Lama V3 I eventually ended up giving to my son.
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Dec 13, 2006, 03:46 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,547 Posts
Quote:

Joe

I have about six hours of flight time on my BCX2.

I'm a hard core 3D plane lover with hundreds and hundreds of flight hours on my planes. Been flying rc planes for 32 years.

I don't see any big tail drift issues. If the tail was any more stable, I'd have nothing to do with my left hand except throttle control. This thing is a serious piece-o-cake to fly. Love it.

Appreciate the vortex motor info. I'll give em a try when needed.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2006, 06:44 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Hey Guys
Who knows maybe I got a lemon. It's possible. I was hoping for at least the same performance as my original cx. My interest was with the dsm. I have florescent lights in my basement & in my shop. Glitching is sometimes a problem so the dsm was a great upgrade for me. Unfortunatly the rest of the copter was not.

Joe
Old Dec 14, 2006, 05:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
1,423 Posts
Cf Bcx

Here's a shot of my BCX:
cobra command is offline Find More Posts by cobra command
Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:13 AM
Obsessed
Orlando, FL
Joined Dec 2006
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra command
Here's a shot of my BCX:
Nice Blade, Cobra!

I picked up a new CX2 recently. A buddy of mine let me fly his CX for many hours (it's what started this whole obsession hehe).

Personally, I find the cx2 marginally easier to keep a heading with. Not that either is a hard model to fly

The drifting on my CX2 is almost non-existant, sans the normal small trim adjustment as the Lipo wears down. I haven't seen it exhibit the drifting that my buddy's cx2 was plagued with.

Perhaps it does come down to QC issues at the plant?

Either way, they are a blast!
Spin Demon is offline Find More Posts by Spin Demon
Old Dec 14, 2006, 02:58 PM
Joined May 2006
201 Posts
i just got on yesturday and the elevator control was bad right out of the box. i even switched the aileron servo lead to see and it was a bad 4-1. went back to the shop today to exchange it. now i got to mess with all these gains. silly me being duped into you can fly it right out of the box. the damn thing seems to like being on its side then in the air.
flyboy367 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy367
Old Dec 14, 2006, 03:49 PM
Look mom, I can...crash.
Oregon
Joined Mar 2003
306 Posts
Well I have had mine for 1 week now, and have had a blast. It was great right out of the box. I bought 3 extra batteries for it right away, and went throught 2 of them befor my first mishap. Lots and lots of flights later, a few replacement parts here and there. Im still flying stock, minus the aluminum inner shaft, and the heat sinks.
IMCingYou is offline Find More Posts by IMCingYou
Old Dec 14, 2006, 04:18 PM
USA, CA, Hayward
Joined May 2006
38 Posts
I am new to heli's and have had my CX2 about 2 weeks. One problem I had was when moving the tail (rudder stick) I also was moving the throttle inadvertently. I opened the transmitter and put more tension on the throttle ratchet. Just remove one screw and slightly bend the metal strip. I also reduced the spring tension on the rudder axis by backing out the adjustment screw.
Now I can move the stick left and right without affecting the throttle as much. Hope this helps..... Don
Donaldo Gordini is offline Find More Posts by Donaldo Gordini