Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:09 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kxp14 View Post
Yes.
Cool. Remember flyeraroo asked you to check the "BATT" slot for the bind plug on your receiver? This is where you are going to insert the bind plug. It doesn't matter which way to plug in. So,,,...:

1) Insert the bind plug in the slot marked "BATT"

2) Plug the lipo into the heli. You'll see a series of lights. Wait for the fast blinking orange light. It is looking for your TX.

3) Flip the "trainer" switch towards you (for the DX6i and HP6DSM). Now turn on the Transmitter while still holding the "trainer" switch towards you. Wait for the orange light to stay solid. Now you can release the trainer switch. I believe at this point you'll also have a solid green light.

4) Unplug lipo from heli.

5) Power down TX.

6) Remove bind plug.

7) Test by powering up as normal.

Gee, hope I didn't leave nothing out. Been a while

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Last edited by Chap1012; Aug 07, 2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: step #3 change
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:16 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,191 Posts
Remember, keep the TX and heli a few feet apart..

Mike.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:51 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jun 2012
69 Posts
ok thanks but is it just the bind plug and battery that need to be plugged in to receiver?
Kxp14 is offline Find More Posts by Kxp14
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:34 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,763 Posts
You are ADDING the bind plug to the receiver just long enough to get them to bind together. DO NOT unplug anything else.
Just out of curiosity, how do you manage to plug the battery in with the blades spinning right away?
I don't know why your motor would have a bind in it unless one of the brushes isn't seated anymore. Go for the Aero-Nutz motors. They're great!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:31 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
You are ADDING the bind plug to the receiver just long enough to get them to bind together. DO NOT unplug anything else.
Just out of curiosity, how do you manage to plug the battery in with the blades spinning right away?
I don't know why your motor would have a bind in it unless one of the brushes isn't seated anymore. Go for the Aero-Nutz motors. They're great!
When I suggested he try rebinding, was in hopes that once the binding plug was installed in the receiver, and before the tx was turned on by going through the binding process would reset everything. Can't figure why that one motor is starting up on powering up the heli with everything wire correctly. I suppose the 3 in 1 unit could be malfunctioning, but it seems odd.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:46 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,763 Posts
I don't want him to make things even worse by unplugging anything, just adding the bind plug. Yes, very strange.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:41 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Cool. Remember flyeraroo asked you to check the "BATT" slot for the bind plug on your receiver? This is where you are going to insert the bind plug. It doesn't matter which way to plug in. So,,,...:

1) Insert the bind plug in the slot marked "BATT"

2) Plug the lipo into the heli. You'll see a series of lights. Wait for the fast blinking orange light. It is looking for your TX.

3) Flip the "trainer" switch towards you. Now turn on the Transmitter while still holding the "trainer" switch towards you. Wait for the orange light to stay solid. Now you can release the trainer switch. I believe at this point you'll also have a solid green light.

4) Unplug lipo from heli.

5) Power down TX.

6) Remove bind plug.

7) Test by powering up as normal.

Gee, hope I didn't leave nothing out. Been a while

Mike.
In step #3 all you do is turn on the transmitter. One doesn't use the trainer lever on the LP5DSM, I believe that's when binding the dx6i, if I remember right.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
In step #3 all you do is turn on the transmitter. One doesn't use the trainer lever on the LP5DSM, I believe that's when binding the dx6i, if I remember right.
Yes, you are correct. I did have to throw the trainer switch forward on my DX6i while binding my models. I also had to throw the trainer switch forward on my HP6DSM to bind all my models too. I assumed the the LP5 was just a downsized HP6 and that the same steps were taken.

Would throwing the trainer switch forward on the LP5DSM make a difference in the binding process? If I am totally wrong, I will edit my post for sure and remove step #3. I don't want to put bad info out there

Mike.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:17 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Yes, you are correct. I did have to throw the trainer switch forward on my DX6i while binding my models. I also had to throw the trainer switch forward on my HP6DSM to bind all my models too. I assumed the the LP5 was just a downsized HP6 and that the same steps were taken.

Would throwing the trainer switch forward on the LP5DSM make a difference in the binding process? If I am totally wrong, I will edit my post for sure and remove step #3. I don't want to put bad info out there

Mike.
I can't say if it would make a difference or not, because I have never did it that way. I know the CX2 manual doesn't mention anything about using the trainer switch for binding on the LP5DSM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:07 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,763 Posts
You do NOT throw the trainer switch on the LP5DSM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:11 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
Thanks flyeraroo, I edited my post to read "DX6i and HP6DSM."

Mike.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:52 PM
United States, NC, Monroe
Joined Mar 2012
693 Posts
Update:
I am almost back to tip top shape. I'm waiting on a new extended inner shaft. Still using the 55 degree blades, outdoor pro kit, and xtreme motors. Actually, I'm on vacation at Carolina Beach and brought her with me. The living area is pretty large and tall and I've been able to have a little fun indoors. Unfortunately, a small crash caused the need to find the lhs around here. An online search led me to a neat little shop by the name of warehouse9.com. Good guys and lots of r/c stuff.
I walked out of there with the part I needed and a new RTF Blade SR. Couldn't help myself and a new thread will be forthcoming, or at least adding to an already existing thread, as I will need all the help I can get, I'm sure.
eolson is online now Find More Posts by eolson
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:55 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eolson View Post
Update:
I am almost back to tip top shape. I'm waiting on a new extended inner shaft. Still using the 55 degree blades, outdoor pro kit, and xtreme motors. Actually, I'm on vacation at Carolina Beach and brought her with me. The living area is pretty large and tall and I've been able to have a little fun indoors. Unfortunately, a small crash caused the need to find the lhs around here. An online search led me to a neat little shop by the name of warehouse9.com. Good guys and lots of r/c stuff.
I walked out of there with the part I needed and a new RTF Blade SR. Couldn't help myself and a new thread will be forthcoming, or at least adding to an already existing thread, as I will need all the help I can get, I'm sure.
Be sure to let us know how the maiden goes with th SR!
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, NC, Monroe
Joined Mar 2012
693 Posts
I so much want to spool it up here at the beach but I just don't think I have the space to do so. I'd rather wait until I'm at home in the garage. I'm going back tomorrow to the lhs to grab the training gear set.
eolson is online now Find More Posts by eolson
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:20 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,763 Posts
Are you putting the training gear on the CX-2 or on the SR? Maybe you should have gone for an MCX-2 so you could fly that inside. They're pretty resilient and that could have led you to the MCX-2 and plain ol' MCX threads. I have to worn you, though, Chap is on those two threads!
You are getting to the point where a DX6i transmitter would be a big help. I fought the idea for quite a while, but now I see the magic of flying 5 different things on one transmitter.