HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:26 AM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
215 Posts
Is there any blade cx running 3c 11.1v lipos

I have been doing some mod to my cx3 (xtreme blades, pro motors, Microheli aluminum main frame, longer main shafts) and more.

I just installed the Eflite Blade CX2/CX3 & Esky Lama V4/V3 Double Brushless Turbo Ace Upgrade Kit (brushless motors). It fly's but not as good as I thought it would. I'm looking in to using 3c 11.1 volt lipo's. I found a thread talking about just that but it did not mention the battery make or the mod to in stall it (can't find it now).
It did talk about the 3 in 1 controller, adding a voltage regulator in the empty slot. The cx and the cp use the same circuit board but the cp has two regulators powering the rx. That was a lot of help. I have and old board that the motor side(esc) went out but the control signal to the servos still worked so I can rob the regulator from it.

I guess my question is dose any one know of the specific battery to use. I would like to use at least 1000mah 20c or better but I will use what find.
please help thanks
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:02 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
Got my new parts today and already installed them! Broke the new motors in first. She flies great now! Have to adjust the blade tracking but that is about it.
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:04 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
My CX2 is now almost totally hopped up. Now I need to start on my new (used) CX3!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:36 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnier00 View Post
I have been doing some mod to my cx3 (xtreme blades, pro motors, Microheli aluminum main frame, longer main shafts) and more.

I just installed the Eflite Blade CX2/CX3 & Esky Lama V4/V3 Double Brushless Turbo Ace Upgrade Kit (brushless motors). It fly's but not as good as I thought it would. I'm looking in to using 3c 11.1 volt lipo's. I found a thread talking about just that but it did not mention the battery make or the mod to in stall it (can't find it now).
It did talk about the 3 in 1 controller, adding a voltage regulator in the empty slot. The cx and the cp use the same circuit board but the cp has two regulators powering the rx. That was a lot of help. I have and old board that the motor side(esc) went out but the control signal to the servos still worked so I can rob the regulator from it.

I guess my question is dose any one know of the specific battery to use. I would like to use at least 1000mah 20c or better but I will use what find.
please help thanks
The battery can be just about anything you'd like, BUT, you need to do the credit card/ Velcro mod because it will not fit in the stock battery tray. Look at Hobby King and get something close to the size of a stock battery so it isn't too big. Put Velcro on the battery and you can slap it onto the Velcro of the mod and you're all set. I use the blue Velcro that Hobby King sells and it works great. Besides that, you get a LOT for the money.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:16 AM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jun 2012
69 Posts
Can you fly the eflite blade cx 2 without the canopy? Thanks for any answers.
Kxp14 is offline Find More Posts by Kxp14
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:15 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kxp14 View Post
Yes, you can, but, you're exposing the electronics and motors to the possibility of being damaged or dirtied up in a crash. The canopy is a resilient protector of the heli's jewels.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:00 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,303 Posts
Yes, you can. I have been testing out two new custom brushless modded Cx's without the canopy's on to keep the motors cool in the hot evenings. The motors had been getting so hot the green loctite was failing on the pinions until I nailed the correct esc settings. But I primarily fly over softer grass and rarely crash since I started getting far less aggressive. But as KJ correctly pointed out it does expose your electronics.

Can I ask a quick question? Why would you want to?
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Aug 02, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Jun 2012
69 Posts
Well i bought it from somebody but they didnt have the canopy. But i am also having some more problems. The blades wont turn when i put throttle. Then i switch the connection for the motors on the reciever and as soon as the battery is plugged in the bottom blades start spinning with no throttle.Also sometimes the gear that spins the top blades gets locked up sometimes. Do you know what is causing all this
Last edited by Kxp14; Aug 02, 2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: i forgot to add something
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
The CX doesn't even need a tail to fly,LOL!!
ACKER is offline Find More Posts by ACKER
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:21 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKER View Post
The CX doesn't even need a tail to fly,LOL!!
You will have a severe case of tail wage without a tail..

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:39 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
Well I got Xtreme blade grips & blades coming for my CX3. Also have 6" flybar coming. I don't think I'm going to change the body, I kinda like the police theme.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:28 AM
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
You will have a severe case of tail wage without a tail..

Mike.
I only flew mine screwing around with the body completely off once or twice,[just seeing if motors,servos,etc,were right before putting on the body..]but it seemed to act fine..
ACKER is offline Find More Posts by ACKER
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:41 AM
Joined Jun 2012
69 Posts
My servos work but the blades wont spin when i put throttle. Is it the receiver?
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:59 AM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
Quote:
My servos work but the blades wont spin when i put throttle. Is it the receiver?
Is your throttle and throttle trim all the way down when you plug in the batt?
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:06 AM
Joined Jun 2012
69 Posts
Yes and i tried switching the left and right motor connection and whe i plugged batt in the bottom blades started spinning with no throttle or trim.