HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2012, 08:17 AM
but maybe someday....
Joined Mar 2012
48 Posts
Yeah guys, I'm hearing you. I don't know how I plugged it in backwards, but I did. Tried it again this morning and same thing is happening. This time I noticed that the receiver was blinking after the rotors quit. Called customer service and their saying 3 in 1 is shot. !!!! Well it looks like I'll try an ebay a CX3 3 in 1.
notarealpilot is offline Find More Posts by notarealpilot
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 08:33 AM
Pineville, LA
Joined Dec 2006
309 Posts
You might list a "wanted" listing in the classified section under helis. There may be someone who changed out their 3 in 1 for some reason and would sell it to you cheap.
robgau is offline Find More Posts by robgau
Old May 08, 2012, 09:38 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,477 Posts
notarealpilot, When you get a chance mark you battery leads/ends. This is what I do to all my batts including marking the "charge" connector along with the JST's. Don't forget to mark the heli JST as well.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2868

Hope you get into the air soon. Bummer man

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old May 08, 2012, 03:26 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
It has happened to just about all of us at one time or another. I have a friend that friend a couple of my 3in1's plugging them in backwards in spite of repeated warnings from me. I eventually put in large deans connectors that forced him to properly plug things in. A couple of those episodes and you have already paid for a complete bulletproof brushless system if you aren't careful.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old May 08, 2012, 05:51 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notarealpilot View Post
Yeah guys, I'm hearing you. I don't know how I plugged it in backwards, but I did. Tried it again this morning and same thing is happening. This time I noticed that the receiver was blinking after the rotors quit. Called customer service and their saying 3 in 1 is shot. !!!! Well it looks like I'll try an ebay a CX3 3 in 1.
Sorry to hear about the 3 in 1. Just get used to checking the color of the wires when connecting them. Red to red, black to black, and you will be ok. I once hooked two deans connectors together in a hurry and didn't notice they were wired differently. I took care of an esc very quickly also, so it does happen, but get used to checking the wire colors when connecting.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old May 08, 2012, 09:37 PM
but maybe someday....
Joined Mar 2012
48 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. Just for a reference point, I called the LHS and it looks like a 3 in 1 for a CX3 runs $45.00. Great idea on taking a sharpie to the connectors. I've actually done that before in different applications but forgot about it.
Old May 09, 2012, 11:30 AM
Pineville, LA
Joined Dec 2006
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notarealpilot View Post
Thanks for the input guys. Just for a reference point, I called the LHS and it looks like a 3 in 1 for a CX3 runs $45.00. Great idea on taking a sharpie to the connectors. I've actually done that before in different applications but forgot about it.
Here's a CX2 from the classifieds for $80 shipped. He said it flys perfectly. Has extra canopy, 2 extra shafts, and extra motors.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1649115
Old May 09, 2012, 11:46 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgau View Post
Here's a CX2 from the classifieds for $80 shipped. He said it flys perfectly. Has extra canopy, 2 extra shafts, and extra motors.

Looking at the TX's I would say they are 72mhz

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old May 09, 2012, 12:31 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Looking at the TX's I would say they are 72mhz

Mike.
The guy writes specifically Blade CX, no number - and I never heard that they had 2.4G before the CX2!
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old May 09, 2012, 01:19 PM
Pineville, LA
Joined Dec 2006
309 Posts
My bad. I didn't realize they had a CX before the CX2. Shoulda figured 2 means there's a 1.

The CX2 was my first heli. I wasn't into RC before that.
Old May 09, 2012, 02:32 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,334 Posts
Quote:
My bad. I didn't realize they had a CX before the CX2. Shoulda figured 2 means there's a 1.

The CX2 was my first heli. I wasn't into RC before that.
You know its no biggie ... I was just saying that it basically has to be 72mhz, as there was no 2.4 during the "cx-era" ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old May 09, 2012, 03:27 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,037 Posts
I had a cx2 before a cx. Then a cx3. The cx was a great copter as long as you don't mind the LONG antenna and wire. haahaha.
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old May 09, 2012, 04:52 PM
but maybe someday....
Joined Mar 2012
48 Posts
Quote:

Yeah, I checked that add out. The CX has a 4 in 1 though. I'm looking for a 3 in 1 from a CX3 so you can adjust the gyro in flight.
Old May 09, 2012, 09:38 PM
United States, NC, Monroe
Joined Mar 2012
828 Posts
I got my stuff from Hong Kong today. Installed the extended inner shaft no problem. The old one was bent as hell. Now I am trying to figure out how to install these grips on the hubs as there were no instructions in the package. I don't know which side is the top side. Should I use the new links that came with it? If so, does the "X" printed on the link go on top or on bottom? How do they actually fit or get on to the blade pegs? Do I need to completely diassemble the lower hub(upgraded aluminum) to install them?
eolson is offline Find More Posts by eolson
Old May 09, 2012, 09:49 PM
United States, NC, Monroe
Joined Mar 2012
828 Posts
Also, there are two little black "caps" that I have no idea how/or where they go.
eolson is offline Find More Posts by eolson