HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:42 PM
United States, WA, Burien
Joined Feb 2012
29 Posts
Good afternoon CX2 enthusiast,

Anyone got any tips or mods finding canopies that fit on the cx2?
I just ruined my last canopy..i was trying to "relief" some stress on the canopy. It seems a bit tight when placed on the cx2.
i've only used the original and 2 others from boomtown that barely fit.

any words of wisdom??
chi chi is offline Find More Posts by chi chi
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:40 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
Are these the blades you're talking about?
http://helideluxe2010.ecrater.com/p/...ase-ii-acro-cf
I have a set of those. Those are CF composite (Acro). I'm saving those for a rainy day. I did have a chance to fly a dozen or so sorties with those blades enough to say that they fly very similar to their plastic cousins. They are very stiff and seem very durable. Got a couple serious dings in them...I just filed/sanded it out.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:45 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi chi View Post

I just ruined my last canopy..i was trying to "relief" some stress on the canopy. It seems a bit tight when placed on the cx2.

any words of wisdom??
Just throwing this out. He's very good
http://djkhobby.com/

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:46 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi chi View Post

any words of wisdom??
There is actually a wide array of options. best known I guess are the Xtreme canopies (if you like something special with these, check out www.djkhobby.com - Jim is a member here and I got myself some really nice "one off's")
Some 250 fiberglass canopies fit, but the weight they have/add in front may not be everybody's cup of tea.
Some people even fit Lama3 canopies, but that will - again - be a little tight.
Then there is http://www.mmanrow.20m.com/ if you are looking for a scale fuse ...
You could also get some really nice scale bodies at www.heli-scale-quality.com in Germany.
And I am sure, if you check around a little through other manufacturer's modells, there will be one or the other canopy/fuse that will fit as well ...

Sky is the limit as they say ...

E2
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Apr 28, 2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:00 PM
United States, WA, Burien
Joined Feb 2012
29 Posts
Ahh nice. thanks guys. Now I have a plate of goodies (canopies) to explore.
It's relaxing working on my cx2...theraphy I guess. I knew there was lots of options out there but wanted an experts oppinion
chi chi is offline Find More Posts by chi chi
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:05 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr
I have a set of those. Those are CF composite (Acro). I'm saving those for a rainy day. I did have a chance to fly a dozen or so sorties with those blades enough to say that they fly very similar to their plastic cousins. They are very stiff and seem very durable. Got a couple serious dings in them...I just filed/sanded it out.

Mike.
So if they aren't what you are referring to, do you have a link for the ones that you are referring to?
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
The one you link to are indeed PhaseII. Please pm me if you are interested in the "plastic versions" of these, I still have (not listed on the shop site) a few sets in "plastic",white (well, actually kind of "off-white")

EDIT:
and Lee (leethetreeguy) might possibly still have some sets of "plastic" silver ...
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Did I FLY today??
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:42 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,854 Posts
Hahahahha, shhhhhhhh. Don't be telling everyone of my treasure trove of goodies. ahahahahahha
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Hahahahha, shhhhhhhh. Don't be telling everyone of my treasure trove of goodies. ahahahahahha
Lee
If I had some myself (and I was sure I had some) I would have kept yours a secret ... but I dont have any ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:05 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,854 Posts
hahahaha, I got's all the silver that was made. hahahahaha
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:07 PM
United States, NC, Monroe
Joined Mar 2012
720 Posts
I purchased the one that adds 5mm. Yeah, they are closed until May 1, so my order won't even be processed until then. I won't hold my breath.
eolson is offline Find More Posts by eolson
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:50 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post

Mike.
When I got mine, I was only hovering in my basement rec room and they got all chewed up and have some nasty dings in them. Sitting in a box, they seem to be OK now!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Last edited by kodak_jack; Apr 29, 2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:15 PM
United States, NC, Monroe
Joined Mar 2012
720 Posts
Having to replace another set of blades(I bought four sets this time), I sat down after work to put them on and giver her a spin for a minute or two when I realized that I threw the screws out along with the broken blades. In a panic I looked on my POS DH 9104 for 2 compatible screws, but to no avail. Alas, another trip to the LHS. I also noticed that one of the pins on the lower hub snapped during the crash and it looks like I need another one of those as well. Should I go with an aluminum one or just stick with stock on this one?
eolson is offline Find More Posts by eolson
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:50 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eolson View Post
Having to replace another set of blades(I bought four sets this time), I sat down after work to put them on and giver her a spin for a minute or two when I realized that I threw the screws out along with the broken blades. In a panic I looked on my POS DH 9104 for 2 compatible screws, but to no avail. Alas, another trip to the LHS. I also noticed that one of the pins on the lower hub snapped during the crash and it looks like I need another one of those as well. Should I go with an aluminum one or just stick with stock on this one?
Bad question ...

... there are people who focus only on cost, those who do it for looks and those who look for function.l

Personally I went with aluminum (when I did the coaxes) because it is much less likely to break a pin (actually I'd say almost impossible) - of course this is gonna cost you about 20$ (or a little more or a little less). However, you can break a bunch of stock lowers for 20$ ... so it is a longterm "comparison".

To me, it was that a metal hub is clearly superior to a plastic hub - so it was worth my while (even though it will not really make your bird fly noticeably different.
The people that put price before everything else will tell you you dont need it - and they are right ... you dont, because by the time you break enough lowers to make up for the cost of the metal one, you are probably thinking of focusing on a different kind of heli (ie fix pitch or even CP) and only fly the coax occasionally for relaxation.

So it becomes a very personal decision (in which of two ways you want to do the essentially same thing)

have fun flying, whichever way you pick ...
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2012, 03:29 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eolson View Post
I would replace the lower hub with the aluminum upgraded hub. Anything plastic that will break that easily should be replaced. That's why Eflite replaced the plastic upper rotor head with the aluminum head. You can get by with the plastic swashplate, until it starts separating all the time, then maybe a little CA to hold it together. I found that both rotor heads and skids were the first to be upgraded.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo