HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:38 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,899 Posts
Credit card mod

This is the credit card/velcro mod Kodak_Jack was explaining to you all. This is my V4 with the stock Esky 2S battery. The "hooked" part of the velcro half is mounted to the heli. "Fuzzy" part on battery.

Mike.

This pic you can enlarge:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8079
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Last edited by Chap1012; Jun 01, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:13 PM
Registered User
Pineville, LA
Joined Dec 2006
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notarealpilot View Post
Thanks for the input guys! Yeah, I think before I get a CP, I better get a simulator. Anyway, I didn't even know about the flymentor and SK720 technologies! That's pretty cool! Luvmyhelis, do build heli's for customers? Or do you own a hobby shop?
I got the CX2 back and the damage wasn't to bad. The battery;however, is shot. I guess from being plugged in all night on the roof of the gym. My LHS has been having trouble getting batteries for awhile now, where do you guys get them online?
If you don't want to mod your battery tray, you can get these 800mah Turnigy batts from Hobbyking:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

It's a tight fit but they do slide in the tray. All 4 of my E-flite batteries died. I picked up 4 of the Turnigy batteries from Hobbyking for about $25 shipping included from the USA warehouse and received in 3 days. It's a tad longer than the stock battery and the leads are longer but performance was great!

Just tried one today on my lunch break. I may make some small adjustment to the tray so they slide in easier.

At $4.95 each what have you got to lose.
robgau is offline Find More Posts by robgau
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:47 PM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,700 Posts
OMG!!!!! Somebody actually bought something from the infamous US warehouse! I was beginning to think there were 3 paper clips in that warehouse.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:18 AM
Gravity impaired
jrjr's Avatar
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgau View Post
If you don't want to mod your battery tray, you can get these 800mah Turnigy batts from Hobbyking:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

It's a tight fit but they do slide in the tray. All 4 of my E-flite batteries died. I picked up 4 of the Turnigy batteries from Hobbyking for about $25 shipping included from the USA warehouse and received in 3 days. It's a tad longer than the stock battery and the leads are longer but performance was great!

Just tried one today on my lunch break. I may make some small adjustment to the tray so they slide in easier.

At $4.95 each what have you got to lose.
I have 4 of these too..... they work very well in my stock CX2
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:44 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
I have 4 of these too..... they work very well in my stock CX2
A "stock" CX2??? Could you post a pic? I forget what they look like

Hey, you and Kodak_Jack are from the same neck of woods.

Hey Jack, seen any 4 eyed Husky's in the neighborhood

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:26 PM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,700 Posts
When someone says they're from "Rochester" it's very misleading. He's a good 30 or more miles away(He's to the East and I'm to the West of Rochester). That's why the dog looks like that. He's been walking for weeks trying to find me.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:55 PM
Gravity impaired
jrjr's Avatar
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
A "stock" CX2??? Could you post a pic? I forget what they look like

Hey, you and Kodak_Jack are from the same neck of woods.

Hey Jack, seen any 4 eyed Husky's in the neighborhood

Mike.
Sorry, viewing by appointment only


Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
When someone says they're from "Rochester" it's very misleading. He's a good 30 or more miles away(He's to the East and I'm to the West of Rochester). That's why the dog looks like that. He's been walking for weeks trying to find me.
I thought it was because he DID find ya? hehe
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2012, 01:09 PM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post

I thought it was because he DID find ya? hehe
I'm tryin' to like you!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2012, 01:16 PM
Gravity impaired
jrjr's Avatar
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
I'm tryin' to like you!
LOL
No harm no foul
Hey, do you belong to RCCR or RAMS?
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Last edited by jrjr; Apr 01, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2012, 05:42 PM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
LOL
No harm no foul
Hey, do you belong to RCCR or RAMS?
No, I fly mostly in my back yard. I went to one weekend event at Northhampton Park a couple of years ago. It was almost all planes except for a couple of guys who threw their heli's around like they were on crack. When you talk about the guys I saw, you're talking $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. There's a guy on many of the different threads called Z06 Tony and he's from the area. He changes what he flies quicker than he changes socks. He goes flying all over the area and might belong. The only thing I fly outside of my yard is my Champ plane. I have a BIG 450 size Walkera 400D and even that stays in the yard.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Last edited by kodak_jack; Apr 04, 2012 at 06:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:33 PM
but maybe someday....
notarealpilot's Avatar
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
O.K. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll look into those, some of the prices quoted sound pretty good! I'll need to do something because I only had 1 battery. My LHS didn't have another to buy when I bought the CX2 and they are still having trouble getting some.
notarealpilot is offline Find More Posts by notarealpilot
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:24 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,700 Posts
There are many alternatives to stock Eflite parts out there, especially the batteries. The only thing with the batteries is they need to fit into the stock battery tray and most of the nice batteries don't. I bought batteries 2 years ago from HeliDirect that were terrific and even fit the battery tray nicely. Within a few months of the sale, they were no longer stocked. The alternative is to do the battery tray/ Velcro mod and open up your choices. Yet another alternative is using the colored elastic bands girls use in their hair. I am using one of those on my Lama 4 right now and it'll accommodate any number of battery sizes. The trick is to find the smallest size they have so it stretches and keeps things real tight. To be honest about it, I'm always a little leery of hanging a fat battery by only the Velcro. A back-up of some kind gives me more peace of mind. With the elastic band, you just know it's there.
HEY, anybody flying out there? WAKE UP!!!!!!!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:42 PM
but maybe someday....
notarealpilot's Avatar
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
Well i was in my LHS today to some lube and he had batteries so I picked one up sense I was there. But I will have to check out the other suggestion mentioned earlier. I was reading an old thread about Boomtownhobbies and there was lots of love for that guy but the last post was in '07. I'm thinking about picking up his unbreakable battery tray and skids.
notarealpilot is offline Find More Posts by notarealpilot
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:55 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notarealpilot View Post
Well i was in my LHS today to some lube and he had batteries so I picked one up sense I was there. But I will have to check out the other suggestion mentioned earlier. I was reading an old thread about Boomtownhobbies and there was lots of love for that guy but the last post was in '07. I'm thinking about picking up his unbreakable battery tray and skids.
You will be limited to battery size but, if scale is your thing...or something like that. IMHO, pod and boom is more versatile and flys better than a full fuse that acts as a wind catch. Just saying....

Mike.

BTW, Boomtown has some fine products. I've bought a lot of stuff from them..
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:22 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,549 Posts
Jamie, the owner of Boomtown Hobbies. Is a great guy. I have lot's of there products and never hesitate to order from him. You can email him a question, and usually get a promt answer. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion to buy or not to buy the blade cx2 airhead225 Coaxial Helicopters 36 Jul 09, 2009 11:01 PM
Discussion Blade CX2 Tx's - Can they be adapted to fly indoor/park flyers Sirion Electric Plane Talk 11 Apr 19, 2009 07:52 PM
Question How to program my dx7 to fly blade cx2? topforce Coaxial Helicopters 4 Sep 23, 2007 09:13 AM
Discussion How do I use my ICE to charge my batterys for blade CX2??? webejpn01 Electric Heli Talk 2 Jan 26, 2007 01:02 PM
Discussion How to learn to fly inverted with the Blade CP? Crazyrcer Micro Helis 4 Apr 05, 2006 12:59 PM