SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:18 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
The receiver is what matters and all Eflite 4-in-1's have the receiver built into the 4-in-1 and are Spektrum compatible while the 3-in-1's are paired to a Spektrum labeled receiver and give you the same thing (3-in-1 + receiver = 4-in-1).
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:56 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie_m View Post
Is that possible on the 4 in 1? Some say yes, some say no.
It was for me...with help from this forum!
They do say that some DX6i's don't, I might have just been lucky. But I have two and both work...one is DSM2 and one is DSMX.

Russ
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:33 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,486 Posts
Quote:
Is that possible on the 4 in 1? Some say yes, some say no.
I have the EFLH1024 RX 4in1 and it's bound to my DX6i (DSMX). Because it's mounted to my V4 I had to reverse some settings. What I found strange was I had to reverse yaw as well

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:36 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
Rats, this about spoiled my day!

Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:06 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
Is that a $$$$$$$$$$$ Microheli or some other brand? You're a real beast with these things, aren't you? You wouldn't have these problems with a quad.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:32 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post

Why does that look familiar??? Mine on the first "easy" crash

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:35 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
Well, what brand of $$$$$$ swash is that so we don't waste our money on one?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 03:28 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
They look as if they could be Skytec, but I'm not 100% sure.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Mar 27, 2012, 03:35 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Lots of posts here to chew through, so I may have missed where my question has already been discussed.

I have a cx2 with a bunch of the Microheli upgrades, upper head, swash and lower head. Xtreme 180's are on the way. I plan on blade grips and some body mods eventually.
It has a 4 in1 unit. Is it a waste of money to replace with an AR6115 or AR6200, an Eflite G90, and a 3 in 1? My idea is to be able to use my Dx6i with it. I'm not really digging the stok transmitter.
If you are having no issues with the 4 in 1, why change? I have always used the 4 in 1's in my cx helicopters. I have bound them to a dx7, dx6i, as well as the stock LP5DSM, and have had no issues with any of them.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:01 PM
United States, VT, Hartford
Joined Feb 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
If you are having no issues with the 4 in 1, why change? I have always used the 4 in 1's in my cx helicopters. I have bound them to a dx7, dx6i, as well as the stock LP5DSM, and have had no issues with any of them.
I bound the cx2 to my dx6i once and the tail would twitch unlike controlling it with the stock tx. One of my motors went bad before I could really mess around with the gyro settings too much. My thought was that I could control the gyro settings from my dx6i if I got a 3 in 1, AR6115, and separate gyro. It is extra money, but not worth it?
Paulie_m is offline Find More Posts by Paulie_m
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:32 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post

Must be due to those 17 extra holes you drilled in it? hehe
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:28 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Quote:
I bound the cx2 to my dx6i once and the tail would twitch unlike controlling it with the stock tx. One of my motors went bad before I could really mess around with the gyro settings too much. My thought was that I could control the gyro settings from my dx6i if I got a 3 in 1, AR6115, and separate gyro. It is extra money, but not worth it?
You should be able to control the external gyro gain with the dx6i, but remember the 3 in 1 also has a gyro built in. I have never ran 2 gyros together, but have heard of guys that have tried it. I believe they turn the 3 in 1 gyro gain to it's lowest setting when using the external gyro. Is it worth it? I guess that's up to the each individual, and what they want. For me, if the gyro in the 4 in 1 unit is holding the tail solid, I stay with whats working. Did you try lowering the gain on the 4 in 1 unit to reduce the tail twitch?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:07 PM
but maybe someday....
Joined Mar 2012
48 Posts
My name says it all!

Hey all,
Sorry my first post is going to be a downer but man is this a frustrating hobby to get started in! I've had my CX2 for about 5-6 weeks (only have time to fly about once a week) and most of my flights end up with a trip to the LHS for parts. Tonight; however, was different! This flight, I only can home with the radio and left the helicopter on the roof of the school gym. Hopefully it won't rain on it. I did have it flying nicely in a 30 foot or so circular pattern and it was moving pretty fast, nice banked turn and drifted it to a hover. Cool! I'll try that again! Wow, it's getting pretty high, I better bring it down, can't see it very well in the dark, when did it get so dark? Lost it in the glare of a parking lot light and looked at my son and said, "I can't see it." Then I heard it hit the roof. Will call the school in the morning.
O.K. the venting is over, sorry. I searched the threads for this and couldn't find the info but what is going on when you put the cyclic control stick forward and heli sits there? If I combine it with a turn, it will move but (sometimes) straight forward from a hover gets me nowhere. Then there are other times when it's moving along and it will start losing control for a couple seconds and then straighten up. This is a bone stock CX2.
I have my eye on the Blade 450 but told myself absolutely not! If I can't stop crashing a coaxial I have no business with a CP.
notarealpilot is offline Find More Posts by notarealpilot
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:52 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
Kj, it was my Skytec, good call flyeraroo.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:52 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
Notarealpilot, DO NOT jump into a Blade 450 for quite a while. If you think coax's are hard to maintain, you'll pull your hair out with a collective Pitch heli!!!!!!! A CP heli = $$$$$$$$$$$ to buy and many more $$$$$$$$$$$$ to set up and maintain. Been there, done that and have the tee shirt to prove it. NO offense to those who fly them, but if I decide to venture out into other pastures, it'll be to a quad and not CP.
I guess I don't know why you couldn't get forward flight. Is your servo so biased that you don't have any more servo movement in that direction? Is there a problem with the link? You have to take off the canopy and find these answers. You can power up the heli, but NOT touch the throttle to see what the servo is like.
If it feels as if there is no wind at ground level, you KNOW there are air currents higher up. I've been flying for 4 years now and still don't like getting above 15 or 20 feet. I KNOW there is too much wind around me and will not take the chance. As a novice, it's important for you not to get too much above 10 feet. You're more likely to crash and have to be on the safe side.
If this was a brand new CX-2, you probably still have the full front and rear canopy on it. When you get it down off the roof, you'll have to take that rear canopy section off to see what's going on. THEN, you'll be back asking about getting rid of it and going to a boom. It is a giant PITA to have to deal with the rear section when you have to work on these.
Luv, hang in there, buddy, it'll come together for you and that magic combination will hit you right square between the eyes.