HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2012, 03:30 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,394 Posts
Rhino 750's

Hey, Chap, I bought the Rhino 750's on your recommendation and thought they were a shoe-in for the stock battery tray. Well, I got them yesterday and they would never make it in there - they're TOO WIDE!! I never remember reading the credit card/ Velcro mod was needed. Good thing I'm headed in that direction! I also got the HK version of Velcro and it comes in a BIG piece.
kodak_jack is online now Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:25 AM
In my Prayers
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Hey, Chap, I bought the Rhino 750's on your recommendation and thought they were a shoe-in for the stock battery tray. Well, I got them yesterday and they would never make it in there - they're TOO WIDE!! I never remember reading the credit card/ Velcro mod was needed. Good thing I'm headed in that direction! I also got the HK version of Velcro and it comes in a BIG piece.
I posted it right here on this thread Jackie Boy that you need the credit card mod. No biggie...nobody reads my posts anyway

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post16140729
Post# 4933

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:29 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,024 Posts
I read everyones post. haha. And, I am guilty of the "look at meeee" videos. ahahahaha
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:04 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I posted it right here on this thread Jackie Boy that you need the credit card mod. No biggie...nobody reads my posts anyway

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post16140729
Post# 4933

Mike.
4933?!! That was back when Noah was doing the mod before it started raining!
Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:00 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
Quote:
4933?!! That was back when Noah was doing the mod before it started raining!
hahahaha! Ahh, good one.
I was using zippies, but mine were the 1250 version. They fit into the Xtreme skids like a glove and I was getting incredible flight times out of them. Until I realized I was toasting my stock motors with the effort.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:13 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,394 Posts
Too much weight for the stock motors.
OK, Mike, this one is just for you. This is post 6666
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:43 PM
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
Quote:
Too much weight for the stock motors.
OK, Mike, this one is just for you. This is post 6666
Oooooooooh! Better not fly for a while after the gootch post.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:39 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
The videos that honestly annoy me are the ones where it's just the helicopter hovering and flying slowly around in an airless room. I need to watch another coaxial hovering video like I need another hole in the head.

I'm definitely guilty of making quite a few look at me videos though, but in my own defense I try to put something in there other than hovering, like pyros in the middle of FFF, flying 50 feet above the treeline, or flying in 20 mph winds.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:53 PM
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
I try to put something in there other than hovering, like pyros in the middle of FFF, flying 50 feet above the treeline, or flying in 20 mph winds.
I still have guys emphatically tell me that no coaxial can handle 20mph winds. In spite of my claims otherwise with my dual swash in even harsher conditions. Still, I bet there are thousands of heli vids. Boring, every one of them. Especially the coaxial vids.

3D even bores me now since every single kid with a 450 is (a 3D pro legend by their own claims) posting up endless look at me type vids. Give me something new! Such as a Dual swash cp coaxial pulling inverted flights and loops. I will watch this since it is a ground breaker. Or vids showing new mods for the first time in action. Such as Nightflyers 12s 600 stretch with 900 blades posted last month that was hovering inside virtually hands free without a stab system.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:52 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Aug 2008
22 Posts
Does anyone know if this will work on blade cx2
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/cnc-hel...ma-v3-v4-10785
plumberguy is offline Find More Posts by plumberguy
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:55 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
No, it won't work on a CX2. The pivot point on a Lama V4 is on the front at a 45 degree offset. It's on the rear on a CX2 at a 90 degree offset. The balls are different sizes on the swash and on the blade grips.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:12 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Aug 2008
22 Posts
Thanks was in hope it would work.
Don't want to pay for efilght crap blades
plumberguy is offline Find More Posts by plumberguy
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:07 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
You could change out completely to Lama V4 mechanics other than the swash and it would work, but you'll need plastic blade grips and a plastic lower hub. The metal ones in the kit you linked are terrible.

So I guess I should have answered that it could work if the kit wasn't completely crap. You'd just need an Eflite CNC swash in addition to the kit, so that you could use the linkage balls from the kit in the Eflite swash.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:55 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumberguy View Post
Thanks was in hope it would work.
Don't want to pay for efilght crap blades
So why dont you get blades and blade holders for your eflite heli instead trying to convert a Lama CNC kit ...

http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem..._p/bcx021c.htm
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
What Tony said is correct.

All you need to do is change out the balls on your swash. That is if you have already gotten past the plastic swash and gone metal. Or if you are playing with a super cheap cnc aluminum Lama kit just move the swash pin over. Pretty simple. Drill it out and use a 2mm tap on it. Works perfect.

Stock config china white or black L3/4 blades are roughly $2.50 a set of four, and both the grips are less than $4. Don't forget to order new linkage for $2, and a new center hub ($2).
A few guys have complained about the kit E2 just posted. Not the quality of parts or such, but the blade profile is pretty tight for 2s battery apps. For my 3s brushless apps those blades rock! It is the approach I would take though with my current equipment. However I do have the cheap L3/4 changeover parts on one of my brushless helis. So in essence I have both.

Look here for uber cheap parts. https://www.ushobbysupply.com/index.php?cPath=31_54
Although I just noticed they are out of quite a few items. But it can be done cheaply if you shop judicially.