SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 08, 2011, 09:56 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
That's one of the sexiest 4-in-1's I've seen in a looooooong time, Mike. I think you should dress up that CX-2 in a new Jet Ranger canopy. I think Hop Me Up had them for about 1/2 of what they used to go for.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2011, 10:53 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
One question for people who have cx2 and cx3 or have flown them. What is better about the cx3 than the cx2? Does one have more throw than the other that makes it go faster? wich one handles wind better. If you could have one wich one would you choose and why?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:04 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
The only real thing about the CX3 that one could consider better is if you are comparing the model to an older CX2 that ran the 3in1 without a built in piezo gyro.

The CX2 handles better in the wind since it has a thinner profile. Both need extensive work for any true outside flying in the wind. I love flying mine in windy conditions.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:24 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Ok well you can just put a cx 2 body on the cx3 right? And if i already have a dx4e i should just get the bnf cx3 right?
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:47 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
The CX-3 fuse has been a big PITA for many owners. Initially, the 3-in-1 was faulty and many were very disappointed in it. I think they've been straightened out.
IMHO, get yourself a used CX-2 off of Ebay that already has the mods guys do to them. I love mine, but never would have paid the high initial price to get a new one.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 05:55 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Well its for my dads girl friends duaghter and she is only 9 or 10 and they want to get her a heli for christmas and she has flown the mcx and i was suprised that she could even fly it she lighty crashed about 5 or 7 times but that was on her first flight i havent been over there for awhile so im sure she has been flying it.

Anyway we have a dx4e so we could just use that on it. Why does the cx2 not come in BNF do you have to use the radio that comes with it on it? O and PITA i dont know all the aberviations. And if the bodies fit on the cx3 i think thats what there gonna get.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:51 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,483 Posts
Stoned Doggie PITA= Pain In The Arse

We Guys I got the brick tuned in. WOW, it had one heck of a tail wag. Now I just need to do AIL/ELE. It seems much different than the settings on the swash that I had with the 72mhz brick. Seems the swash is more pronounced tilted forward. Is this normal. I was out there early this morning before the rain. On occasion the yellow light started blinking until I realized I was in slow rate As I got closer to a great trim, I stared hearing clicking noises. Darn "A" gear has a tooth missing. Must have been that easy hit it took...no biggie. Will have to go to the dentist

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:11 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,039 Posts
Hahaha, dentist. Good one buddy. Wonder if there is a weight difference in the new and old bricks. That would explain the swash change. That or you mounted it slightly different. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:42 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Hahaha, dentist. Good one buddy. Wonder if there is a weight difference in the new and old bricks. That would explain the swash change. That or you mounted it slightly different. Lee
I changed battery positions a couple times. Dang, I just tested my test battery and read about 30% left in the pack I think I had between 8/10 very short flights. Right now I'm charging to full capacity to see how many ma's are put back in. There are 33 flights on my Aero~Nuts. Don't think that's the prob. It must have been the missing tooth.

Pretty sure both bricks are about the same Lee. Weight, dimensions and brick is perfectly straight on the mount. I remember Ryan had told me it's a PITA to trim with this set up. I'll get it though

Mike.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:16 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,039 Posts
I hear that Mike. Kinda why I got all my copters flyin perfect. Then put them on the shelf. I still fly them every now and then. Just not for long, and nothin fancy anymore. Too busy with the planks. haha. Good luck. I am gonna be on skype later if ya need any help with it. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:52 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
Well its for my dads girl friends duaghter and she is only 9 or 10 and they want to get her a heli for christmas and she has flown the mcx and i was suprised that she could even fly it she lighty crashed about 5 or 7 times but that was on her first flight i havent been over there for awhile so im sure she has been flying it.

Anyway we have a dx4e so we could just use that on it. Why does the cx2 not come in BNF do you have to use the radio that comes with it on it? O and PITA i dont know all the aberviations. And if the bodies fit on the cx3 i think thats what there gonna get.
Remember there is a size difference between the MCX and the CX-2. All I can do with mine in the house is hover it. She can fly the MCX inside during the 7 months of lousy weather and the CX-2 from May til September.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 01:53 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Yea i was kinda of thinking of suggesting the msr but i think for christmas im going to get that side of the family the force heli combo pack and 50$ free parts. And then it wouldent matter what they get so ill send my dad tarwds the cx3 BNF. thanks for the help.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:47 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,483 Posts
Happy Veterans Day...Thank you
Old Nov 12, 2011, 03:48 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
That's one of the sexiest 4-in-1's I've seen in a looooooong time, Mike. I think you should dress up that CX-2 in a new Jet Ranger canopy. I think Hop Me Up had them for about 1/2 of what they used to go for.
I ordered out a couple of the 1024's before they become extinct. Since they are not being installed on helicopters anymore, it's hard to say how long they will be around. I'm still using the old original ones, so the newer ones with updated firmware maybe an improvement.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:00 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Well, a follow up on my EFLH1024 units from Horizon. They came in a box with packing, and as I remove the units from the box I could see the bags were full of holes from the motor pins being pressed through the plastic. I mean the bags were full of holes meaning something had pressed against a few times. As I looked at the units in the plastic bags, both units had bent motor pins. These pins don't bend, unless they have been dropped to the floor or something heavier has been laid on them. Upon further viewing, I discovered they were labeled differently. One looked like my old 1024 unit, and the other had a yellow label sticker on the side. I removed both the units from their plastic bags, and checked each one. Sure enough the unit that looked like my old unit does not have the new firmware for brownouts. I tested it twice, and each time with the same results. I then tested the other unit, and it had the new firmware installed. So I will be contacting HH tomorrow to let them know that my units came with bent motor pins, and one unit came with the old firmware. I am sure HH will make this right, but guys watch what your getting. I wouldn't think they would have had any older units still in stock without the new firmware.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo