HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2011, 02:28 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,386 Posts
Thanks Guys. I'm sure he read my post the wrong way. I believe it was about 4 or 5 months ago (maybe sooner, i forget) RCG did some retooling of their site. If you click on your own user name look for "find all attachments by Chap1012." You can find all the pics you've all ever submitted. After looking at my own "find all attachments by Chap1012" it quickly dawned on me. Be careful of the pictures you submit

Now, let me check you guys out

Mike.

PS: It's good to know that someone is listening to my site tool tips.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2011, 03:42 PM
Joined Jul 2011
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...6&_nkw=vtx-002

One person is selling 5 flybars for $10 shipped.
nice find. i've been learning rc helicopter w/ the blade cx myself and need cheap parts all the time

i also found some battery on hobbypartz for about $4. it's the gens ace 800 20c...do u think i can fit a 1000mah 2s on the blade cx? thx
Hero is offline Find More Posts by Hero
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:18 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
nice find. i've been learning rc helicopter w/ the blade cx myself and need cheap parts all the time

i also found some battery on hobbypartz for about $4. it's the gens ace 800 20c...do u think i can fit a 1000mah 2s on the blade cx? thx
Depends on the weight of the battery. I was flying a 1250ma 2 cell on mine about 2 years ago. And it mounted perfectly into my Extreme skids.

Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:12 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,132 Posts
Hey guys. I got a CX2 last week used but rarely flown. I've been working on the settings, but got stuck. It seems to want to do this pendulum thing. It's hard to keep in a hover without the back and forth swing. seems to fly okay forward and banking, turning etc. Also feels down on power. I had to fiddle with the motor for the top rotor for awhile before it would come off the ground too. any insight or more info needed?
JDMJim is online now Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:02 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
Hey guys. I got a CX2 last week used but rarely flown. I've been working on the settings, but got stuck. It seems to want to do this pendulum thing. It's hard to keep in a hover without the back and forth swing. seems to fly okay forward and banking, turning etc. Also feels down on power. I had to fiddle with the motor for the top rotor for awhile before it would come off the ground too. any insight or more info needed?
When they fly this way it is almost always related to the flybar. It probably isn't moving freely. You should be able to do what they refer to as the finger tap test on it. It should bounce back and forth freely a few times with a gentle tap.

When the heli is doing the toilet bowl effect (TBE) it is rarely anything else.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:22 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,132 Posts
fly bar is fine. I will try the gain pot to see if I can trim the gyro....when it stops raining
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:29 PM
USA, FL, East Central
Joined Aug 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
He might be discribing a 'tail twitch' rather than tbe. If so, wouldn't adjustment of the gain trimmer pot be appropriate to fix it?

If he is having tail drift or more severe tbe then wouldn't he adjust the main motor proprtional mix pot?
Old Blade Man is offline Find More Posts by Old Blade Man
Last edited by Old Blade Man; Oct 13, 2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:38 PM
USA, FL, East Central
Joined Aug 2007
479 Posts
Ranger body mod

Been lurking on this forum for a while........interesting stuff.

Got a ranger body (abused) with a bunch of CX2 stuff I bought and almost threw it away but worked on it a bit and here she is.

Used window screen on all the windows. Wide stance landing gear accepts larger, wider batteries.
Old Blade Man is offline Find More Posts by Old Blade Man
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:54 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,132 Posts
thats cool. I would like to increase it's power and flying time a bit.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:34 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blade Man View Post
Been lurking on this forum for a while........interesting stuff.

Got a ranger body (abused) with a bunch of CX2 stuff I bought and almost threw it away but worked on it a bit and here she is.

Used window screen on all the windows. Wide stance landing gear accepts larger, wider batteries.
Too bad about the condition of the canopy as I really like the JetRanger one a lot. I happened to see one on Ebay for about 1/2 the original price.
I see you've got the $$$$$ aftermarket frame. That should stiffen things up for you.
What's going on in the middle of the boom? Is that a weight or a splice or what?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:40 AM
Joined Oct 2010
4,005 Posts
The Microheli frame rocks! Nice motors also. I too used to run those same knock off $4 Rx's. Congrats on the great buy.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 04:30 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,132 Posts
so yea, I can't unstick the flybar. getting frustrating
Old Oct 15, 2011, 08:41 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,386 Posts
Quote:
so yea, I can't unstick the flybar. getting frustrating
Sure you can. Pop the link off the ball going to the flybar. Sand off any plastic slag around the ball. Pop off the flybar and in the center of the flybar do the same. Careful sanding getting the plastic slag off will help. Now all you need is some plastic friendly lube. I use Break Free CLP.

Maybe you want to consider the "bullet mod."
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=311

Mike.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:51 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,386 Posts
Hi Guys, I just Spekrumized my V4 with the EFLH 1024 brick. On the "prop" adjustment, which way to you turn it. In the direction of spin? Or opposite of the direction of spin? I would experiment but, I'd like to get this done in one batt before the wind picks up again. Thanks...

Mike.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:42 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,031 Posts
I think it is opposite of the lama Mike. Turn it in the direction of the spin. See if it gets better. Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy