SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 23, 2011, 01:24 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,219 Posts
Man, this thread was growing mold and disappearing into the webs of the past so I thought I would give it a much needed boost. I just took a few pics of my ongoing vtail brushless CX2/3 projects and thought I would post up an update. I just finished the dual swash flybarless vtail brushless one last week and put the new canopy on it saturday. It is fitted with an sk-360 that I bought dirt cheap used, and is soon going to get the GA-250 memms gyro boardless upgrade that OlliW posted along with a new lighting system. All of them pictured are in process of this same upgrade and receiving their lighting systems and wiring harness braided covers. The one on the left in the group pic is getting a new tail and skid upgrade in the next two weeks also. Then they are finished.
I am also getting my 450 coax finished with its new cp three bladed head design and getting my other new 450 Sk-720 flybarless cp 6s modded heli in the air. Been busy, did a ground up on it also along with a boom stretch, custom fabbed my esc, added a sonix head I had custom made into the mix and some Radix 350mm blades. I also had to custom fabricate my carbonfibre frame on it so I have not posted up in a while on my CX fleet. Where has everybody been?
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 06:28 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,761 Posts
Nice stuff. I guess you have been busy.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:53 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Nice stuff. I guess you have been busy.
Thanks KJ, coming from you that is a huge compliment!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:30 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Thanks KJ, coming from you that is a huge compliment!
LMH, don't make his head any bigger than it already is

Eh hem, oh ya,...nice helis
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:21 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post

Hehe,, good one! Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:55 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post

You're not THAT far away. I'll be sending my fleet over to find that PINK heli of yours and we'll see who's laughing then!!!!!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jun 24, 2011, 09:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Liverpool
Joined Mar 2009
1,654 Posts
LMH, they are awesome, love the one on the left in the group pic, are they your own canopies? Lovely.
Microbaba is offline Find More Posts by Microbaba
Old Jun 24, 2011, 05:16 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microbaba View Post
LMH, they are awesome, love the one on the left in the group pic, are they your own canopies? Lovely.
No these were all cheapie $2.50 canopies from HK on the half off sale clearance thing going on. My son picked that one for his choice and I stuck the blue white on my flybarless model after he picked. One thing to note, the shape of them is slightly off so I compensated on how I drilled my back mounting holes to line them up. You can really see it on the center heli from a front view. But shoot, for the price?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 05:54 PM
United Kingdom, England, Liverpool
Joined Mar 2009
1,654 Posts
Look nice for that price.
Microbaba is offline Find More Posts by Microbaba
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:20 PM
Pineville, LA
Joined Dec 2006
309 Posts
Went to fly my CX2 yesterday evening but the first 3 batteries I tried acted like they were not charged. The 4th battery worked fine with no problems. I could not remember if I had charged them the last time I flew so I figured they just needed to be charged.

I charged them with my new Accucell 6 charger but 3 of the 4 only charged to 8.2v. Is that normal? One of them charged to 8.4v. It was the one that started at 7.9v. Some of the others were showing 8.1 or 8.2v when I started. They are all the original E-flite batteries.

Should they charge to 8.2v or 8.4v?

Thanks
robgau is offline Find More Posts by robgau
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:14 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgau View Post
Went to fly my CX2 yesterday evening but the first 3 batteries I tried acted like they were not charged. The 4th battery worked fine with no problems. I could not remember if I had charged them the last time I flew so I figured they just needed to be charged.

I charged them with my new Accucell 6 charger but 3 of the 4 only charged to 8.2v. Is that normal? One of them charged to 8.4v. It was the one that started at 7.9v. Some of the others were showing 8.1 or 8.2v when I started. They are all the original E-flite batteries.

Should they charge to 8.2v or 8.4v?

Thanks
8.4v is a full charge for 2S batteries (or 4.2v@ cell). A battery stored should be done at no lower than 7.80v total. Try doing a "balance" charge then a "storage" discharge, then a "fast" charge. Let us know how you make out. But, it does sound like they are going south.

Mike.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 04:44 PM
Pineville, LA
Joined Dec 2006
309 Posts
Did a balance charge on one of the batteries that only charged to 8.2v and after the balance charge it was 8.4v. Did a storage discharge to 7.6v and then a fast charge at 3c. Resulting voltage was 8.2v.

I'll try a balance charge again and see what happens.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 04:47 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,173 Posts
Quote:
Did a balance charge on one of the batteries that only charged to 8.2v and after the balance charge it was 8.4v. Did a storage discharge to 7.6v and then a fast charge at 3c. Resulting voltage was 8.2v.

I'll try a balance charge again and see what happens.
Just give the batts time to settle down. 30 minutes between should be ample time.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 09:36 PM
Pineville, LA
Joined Dec 2006
309 Posts
Balance charge brought it back to 8.4v. Balance charged the others and they charged to around 8.3v. Looks like they should be OK. Tried them in the CX2 and they worked fine.

Thanks for you help Chap!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:18 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,173 Posts
Quote:
Balance charge brought it back to 8.4v. Balance charged the others and they charged to around 8.3v. Looks like they should be OK. Tried them in the CX2 and they worked fine.

Thanks for you help Chap!
Your welcome. They just needed to be woke up I guess, similar to breaking in a new lipo. Run a few short flights through each (about 4/5 minutes) just doing a little hovering.

Mike.