HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2011, 06:55 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
Works great for me, don't know what your problem is. I have never seen this thing fly better.
Sometimes things from LOOOOOOOOOOOng ago are still good, just not NEWER.

I see you never offered an explanation, nothing. You going to bash, offer explanation why, define the problem, and offer a solution.
There are hundreds of complaints about his product performance spread over the last three years in 3 different forums. All of it has been extensively explored and solutions found. And the specs were verified by mechanical engineers and by the senior posting members here. One of the few things he does offer that actually works is his folding grip mod. But the white uplinks are pure garbage and have caused numerous and expensive wrecks, including one of my own highly modded coax's. The damage was extensive.

Sonny himself is permanently banned from this forum due to several stupid actions by himself. Nuff said.
Also since you are posting on multiple threads I will answer this just as on the other thread just to clarify a few things.
This system has been the open source of multiple complaints over the last 3 years on the larger 3 Rc forums. Here is a quick list of just a few of the problems as documented by compiling hundreds of complaints.

1 The extended inner shaft is only .078 thick and uses a lower tempered grade of steel. What this means is that both the upper and lower inner bearing supports are made for 2mm wire. So the extended shaft flops around in the bearing cases both upper and lower and creates horrific vibrations in the head.
2. In the 3 inch gap test where the tensile strength of the shaft is tested against permanent deflection the Rcvd shaft failed at half the weight used for the stock eflite shaft ! And the comparitive shaft used in the study from Helitec-Rc that was an actual 2mm and had a true hardness rating of 88 took a 15lb impact and sustained its original integrity. This shaft sells for $9. The Rcvd failed at just 2.7 lbs. So not only does it vibrate but it bends easily.c
3. The grips themselves turned out to be an almost exact copy of the esky lama3 grips but at 4 times the price. I did confirm that the side rails are thicker on the Rcvd grips and lend themselves better to the folding grip mod when using aftermarket correct metal balls to get around the cheesy white uplinks that he provides.
4. The uplinks. 3 out of the 5 sets I purchased new failed to stay on the ball links unless they were turned inside out. They also exhibited very poor structural integrity and allowed excessive swash movement compared to servo arm position due to the slop in the links, not only structurally but on the ball ends.
5. When both the Rcvd inner and outer gear sets were centered on my equipment using a dial indicator and ran though a test at 30 deg increments every one of the 6 gears that were tested came out no less than 3/32 out of round. Not one was concentric. Not one was centered. So with these gear sets it was physically impossible to correctly gap the pinion gears. This also created serious vibrations that transmitted up into the upper head unit.
On three sets of the gears the molding was off and there was a full 1/8 inch wobble that could not be eliminated even when running on the center of the corrected 2mm inner shaft and stock dimensioned outer shaft.
The gears themselves were tested and were made from delrin plastic as advertised.

These are just a few of the issues. Shall I go on?
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Last edited by Luvmyhelis; Jun 08, 2011 at 07:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2011, 08:07 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2006
1,574 Posts
Guess I am just not as picky or technical enough to worry about it. Works great, that's all that matters for me. Was just throwing my experience and 2 cents as my heli never flew better.

Actually, any aftermarket part can be considered a hazard since chances are it was not designed properly, just someones "improvement" on an existing item....no?
Xanadu is offline Find More Posts by Xanadu
Old Jun 08, 2011, 10:01 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,160 Posts
Quote:
Guess I am just not as picky or technical enough to worry about it. Works great, that's all that matters for me. Was just throwing my experience and 2 cents as my heli never flew better.

Actually, any aftermarket part can be considered a hazard since chances are it was not designed properly, just someones "improvement" on an existing item....no?
You were going after someone else in your bashing comment, so I logged in on the discussion. You wanted proof so proof is what you got. No malice intended.
We all have opinions. Mine is based on facts.

And there are guys offering very well designed and thought out legitimate upgrades that directly improve upon design flaws or further the tech of the product. Rcvd doesn't happen to be one of the legit ones. Oddly he discounts negative posts on his site as "user error". And his tallies have been proven to be false on feedback numbers. In the beginning I used his products since I did not know any better. I sent him hundreds of dollars. I am not bitter, I just don't like claims that cannot be substantiated on products that in use prove to be the opposite of the claims. My belief is when you pay a premium price for an object is should be a premium product. For instance the products offered by the Skytec co for coax helis. They are expensive, but worth every penny. No other products commercially available that sell close to the same price, even remotely compare in overall quality nor proven performance of their products.
Just my 2c.
Old Jun 09, 2011, 03:47 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,706 Posts
Quote:
Works great for me, don't know what your problem is. I have never seen this thing fly better.
Sometimes things from LOOOOOOOOOOOng ago are still good, just not NEWER.

I see you never offered an explanation, nothing. You going to bash, offer explanation why, define the problem, and offer a solution.
Luvmyhelis has given you his version of the crap we've gone through with the vendor and his "stuff". Spend your heard-earned money as you will, we who have been there, done that and have the tee shirt to prove it will buy elsewhere. We try to help each other out here and don't have to justify our opinions to each other. Any blade grip that offers you pivoting blade capabilities is better than stock, I'll grant you that. Other versions of gears have differing results. Any extended shaft will help with blades strikes. There are just better choices out there.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:33 AM
Joined Jan 2009
3 Posts
Quote:

I had the same opinion actually...till I read these guys (lmh, kj, en2), experiences. I didn't really buy into it at first, but with my own experience came wisdom.

I just recently purchased an entire skytec assembly, replacing my entire rcvd assembly. It's not a matter of being picky or technically savvy (I'm definitely not savvy ), the improvement is astounding. I, like you, didn't know the difference...only that rcvd was an improvement over stock - it had such good lift and needed only a fraction of throttle, the folding blade deal was awesome! To me, this was a major (and great!), improvement. I loved the rcvd stuff!! And yes, that is past tense.

Now that I've actually seen, and used, a different assembly (from flybar to gears and everything in between), I understand what these guys are saying...I can SEE the difference - the superiority in the skytec stuff compared with the rcvd stuff...I won't even bother with how well it performs in comparison.

In the same sense you asked for proof of why the stuff is no good and considered crap...I believe the reciprocal is warranted...can you provide the proof of why its so good? -that's rhetorical

It's what you said below that really chapped my ass...you're being rude without cause and failed to do your due diligence...man! - define the problem? offer a solution? Sorry charlie, they've been there and done that...and those answer are already out there...many times over.
Quote:
Didn't mean to
Johnnyin is offline Find More Posts by Johnnyin
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:52 AM
Joined Jan 2009
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
...Instead of trying to raise the motor and possibly cause it to lean or create any instability and throw a ton of work into it, it is far easier to lower the gear set. If it still barely touches as about 1 in 4 still do then slightly undercut the brass pinion with a dremel.
Oh boy, I actually recommended someone do just that as a simple solution to the possibility of pinion/gear binding. I sure hope I don't cause him more issues. It was the fella from the other forum about the 180 motor upgrade causing a spin in either direction with minimum stick input.

I noticed a huge difference by squeezing the motors toward each other while powered up....you can hear the difference and notice how much smoother it is. So, thought it was a good idea.

Of course, with the BL conversion, pinion/gear binding is non-existent!
Johnnyin is offline Find More Posts by Johnnyin
Old Jun 09, 2011, 10:05 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyin View Post
Oh boy, I actually recommended someone do just that as a simple solution to the possibility of pinion/gear binding. I sure hope I don't cause him more issues. It was the fella from the other forum about the 180 motor upgrade causing a spin in either direction with minimum stick input.

I noticed a huge difference by squeezing the motors toward each other while powered up....you can hear the difference and notice how much smoother it is. So, thought it was a good idea.

Of course, with the BL conversion, pinion/gear binding is non-existent!
The rule of thumb is usually two thicknesses of paper between the gear and pinion for proper mesh - pretty simple.
Old Jun 09, 2011, 10:20 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,565 Posts
Are you all not scared that flyrcscum (sonnet) will come down to your house with a baseball bat? He still reads these threads ya know. He can log on, he just can't post. I tried to stop bashing him when he got banned. I went at him years ago for some friends of mine. I don't remember the legal terms anymore. But, what he was doing was illegal. And funds were being raised to take him to court for it. That is why I couldn't desclose all my info on him. His unethical qualities go far beyound unacceptable in our society. And I stood up and shouted about it. Made it known. He offered out free samples for people to try. Had a hard time just giving stuff away. All he asked for was a fair accessment from the people that recieved them. He got a couple of positive reports, and a LOT of negative. I just thought I would chime in on this. And by the way, he offered out fifty sets of his upgrades on another forum. He could not even give them all away. That has to say something. Happy Flyin. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jun 09, 2011, 10:47 AM
Joined Oct 2010
4,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Are you all not scared that flyrcscum (sonnet) will come down to your house with a baseball bat? He still reads these threads ya know. He can log on, he just can't post. I tried to stop bashing him when he got banned. I went at him years ago for some friends of mine. I don't remember the legal terms anymore. But, what he was doing was illegal. And funds were being raised to take him to court for it. That is why I couldn't desclose all my info on him. His unethical qualities go far beyound unacceptable in our society. And I stood up and shouted about it. Made it known. He offered out free samples for people to try. Had a hard time just giving stuff away. All he asked for was a fair accessment from the people that recieved them. He got a couple of positive reports, and a LOT of negative. I just thought I would chime in on this. And by the way, he offered out fifty sets of his upgrades on another forum. He could not even give them all away. That has to say something. Happy Flyin. Lee
I am just terrified!
Thanks for weighing in Lee. To me this hobby is more about integrity than making cash. Guys like you, Sven, and Tony at Helitec-Rc that are and were regular contributors to forums just like this one have proven their honesty and been able to back up their claims with great products. You guys deserve your place to be heard. New guys inevitably come along who simply have not had exposure to all the facts.
I hope I didn't sound out of line, but I have seen so many false posts from sonny and his many false personalities or paid or fake cronies that someone has to say something to set things right. And since so many read this thread it needs to happen rather quickly. I don't mind ignorance since I have often been in the dark myself, but I will no longer put up with dishonest people coming in and dropping garbage with ulterior motives. And I am not saying Xanadu is one of them.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 03:53 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,706 Posts
Don't forget, he's been back under many OTHER names too. You never know who is lurking.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 09:14 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Don't forget, he's been back under many OTHER names too. You never know who is lurking.
That bum don't scare me. Being from Boston, I'm a natural baseball player. I do bats "very" well

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jun 10, 2011, 04:50 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,160 Posts
Here is a post that just happened on another forum less than an hour ago with a reference to Rcvd.
"A little background; Upgraded the swash plate, blades, (the yellow ones), and blade holders purchased from Extreme. I got the new E180 motors but haven't installed them yet as the old ones are still working. Blades start at the same time.

During hover, despite my having adjusted the proportional repeatedly, the heli is spinning left. Adjusting the trim to the right will stop it but then it will start spinning the other direction. It won't stay trimmed. Any ideas guys? Is my 3 in 1 bad?

Also, how tight should I tighten those blades on the grip? I've tried loose and firmly with not much difference in the way the heli acts.

A little advise for others: Don't buy the boom kit from rivcrivesud, it's crap. I plan on getting the one from Boomtown.....it seems to be the preferred boom kit judging by the posts I've seem here."
Unquote.
Guys, this goes on all the time everywhere, not just here.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 05:08 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,909 Posts
LMH, it just amazes me how many people order this stuff without researching or even asking on "any" online hobby sites like RCG. They go ahead and order junk, THEN log in at RCG and want advise on correcting this junk. This hasn't surprised me a bit. The advertisements always looks great. Only problem.....who else has tried this item advertised and weighed in on that product

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jun 10, 2011, 09:20 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
LMH, it just amazes me how many people order this stuff without researching or even asking on "any" online hobby sites like RCG. They go ahead and order junk, THEN log in at RCG and want advise on correcting this junk. This hasn't surprised me a bit. The advertisements always looks great. Only problem.....who else has tried this item advertised and weighed in on that product

Mike.
You know, you can count me in that first group. When I first got started I was on my own. No affiliation to any Rc site. And admittedly I was among the burned also.
Now Mike I try and do my homework. I still don't always believe the most expensive option is always the best, I still don't believe just because one guy lists his pet improvement at the time that it is gospel, And I certainly don't believe I know everything. One of the primary forces that drives me deeper into things is the need to explore truth, coupled with an insatiable appetite that drives me to understand why things work (or don't). That means asking questions when needed and admitting there are gaps in my experience and knowledge. I learn something new every day on this forum. And it doesn't hurt to ask!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:54 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,565 Posts
Amen!!!
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy