SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 31, 2011, 01:49 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post

Hmm, there is no way possible that both 3in1s can have the same issue. Hate to say this but you may have to do a hunt. Check the swash for smoothness, and the bearings. I have to take your word that the shafts are all straight and tight in the bearings. Is the brass washer on the outer shaft facing the right direction? I wish I was closer so I could take a personal peek at this. Outer shaft lock collar facing the right direction? And this is important also, the screws in the outer shaft microheli gear have to be tight or they will rub inside the plastic hole the gear is set into. This is frustrating not being able to just see this and poke around.
Sorry, dude, what does it mean?
"Is the brass washer on the outer shaft facing the right direction?"

The microheli Xtreme gear screws are tight and runnign fine, and this symptome WAS EXIST before the microheli with the blue delrin setup...so something with the grips? I mean the shaft-grips fixing... ???
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2011, 01:58 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
Sorry, dude, what does it mean?
"Is the brass washer on the outer shaft facing the right direction?"

The microheli Xtreme gear screws are tight and runnign fine, and this symptome WAS EXIST before the microheli with the blue delrin setup...so something with the grips? I mean the shaft-grips fixing... ???
did you ever try to use different blades??

brass washer on the outer shaft facing right direction: if you take the outer shaft/gear combo out of the heli, there has to be a little washer on top of the gear.
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=1478
(in the picture in the link its the one in the top right corner)

As you can see, this washer has an edge on one side and is totally flat on the other. It has to sit on the outer shaft gear with the edge facing UP, so that it can touch the bearing ...

hope that helps

E2
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Mar 31, 2011, 02:26 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
Exactly! Nice answer Sven. I did send quite a few extra new blades just in case. Something has to be dragging or out of balance at this point. Hey, at least I know the wires on the new 3in1 weren't too short if it is installed.
I am out of helis except my CP at this point. I lost another GWS mixer late last night so my whole coax fleet is down.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Mar 31, 2011, 02:37 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
did you ever try to use different blades??

brass washer on the outer shaft facing right direction: if you take the outer shaft/gear combo out of the heli, there has to be a little washer on top of the gear.
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=1478
(in the picture in the link its the one in the top right corner)

As you can see, this washer has an edge on one side and is totally flat on the other. It has to sit on the outer shaft gear with the edge facing UP, so that it can touch the bearing ...

hope that helps

E2
Thanks for making this clear! Yes, its in the right position, but this shaking was here BEFORE the shaft/gear changing...

It was with the white Xtreme blades too, but STILL waiting the PhaseII Acro blades...ehh...hasnt arrived yet...so THATS why I use to buy from UK or US... its unbelivable strange that the stuffz from Germany use to arrive very slowly...

The lower "head/grip" is very strange to me...I could fit to the shaft with 4 screws...but Im not sure that its fit perfectly how can I check or what must focus on?
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:01 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Bulesz,
If your problem is not mechanical, than it may need to be re-trimmed.
Move all the trim levers on the transmitter to center, except for the throttle trim, which should be off. Now move the 2 adjusting screws on the 3 in 1 to center, or as close to center as you can. Now turn on the tx and connect the battery to the heli, and take it into a hover to see how it performs. If the heli is twitching stop and decrease the gyro gain on the 3 in 1 by turning the gain screw counter clockwise a little at a time until the twitching stops. Now if the heli is rotating counter clockwise you need to disconnect the heli and increase the mixer speed by turning the potentiometer screw clockwise a little at a time. You will have to power down, then power up everytime you make this adjustment for it to take effect. Keep adjusting until the heli hovers without yawing or rotating, and hopefully flies normal. Good Luck!
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:05 PM
Hobby Enthusiast
New Mexico
Joined Jan 2011
143 Posts
Bulesz,

Man, I cannot believe you're still shaking. Try this, hold the heli down to a counter or something heavy with some duct tape on the landing gear (if they permit). Slowly spin up the heli and film it. Try different speeds and watch what is happening. The easiest way I was able to diagnose problems was to mount the heli and try this. That way it acts the same as if it was flying but you have time to play around with things and look at it easier.

Diagnosing something over the internet is difficult as we all assume it to be a very few things and it could be something completely different. Post the video here and make sure you get it nice and close, full framed and zoom in on anything that appears to be the culprit. Include volume...

Also, watching what happens at very slow speeds is a bonus. If you have something out of round, you can eyeball it against something in the background. For instance, if you have a door jam or something, try slow spins on the motor while watching the shaft against the door jam in the background. Standing further back may help too as you won't have the difference in perspective views as bad.

Good luck,
Tim
Tim2Go is offline Find More Posts by Tim2Go
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:16 PM
Hobby Enthusiast
New Mexico
Joined Jan 2011
143 Posts
Also, check your blade balance and tracking. Use a laser pointer!

Turn off the lights (darkened room)
Stand about 3-4 feet (~1 meter) from the heli (behind, it doesn't matter).
Shine the laser pointer at the spinning blades toward the outer edge. If you have white blades this will reflect off the each blade as it spins past the laser spot. The spot will reflect off the blade onto something nearby. You'll figure out exactly where to shine it as you try it.
You should see only one dot when both blades are aligned properly.

Here is a video, but it's not as good as another one I found months ago. But it'll give you the idea:

RC Helicopter Laser Blade Tracking - Honey Bee King II - blades' alignment near perfect (1 min 38 sec)

Now, with these coax's blades being plastic and way more flexible than a rigid blade, you may have to manually tweak them by bending them at the mounting point (ever so slightly) to get the blades to track properly. This usually is unnecessary on these guys since they fly pretty well and the blades are very lightweight.

But if your blades are wicked off, they may cause some weird vibrations. Also, you can check the the blades are counter rotating parallel to each other and that the upper blades aren't on a different plane than the lowers using this trick.

-Tim
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:21 PM
Hobby Enthusiast
New Mexico
Joined Jan 2011
143 Posts
Check check and triple check your flybar. Balance it WITH the link on it. With the stock style flybar, this can be very sensitive to the type of surface you use. Don't balance it by the round part on the bottom of the center hub, use the two protruding circles that fit into the upper rotor head. Find something very smooth like two glasses or something metal and balace it in between them. With the link on and sitting loosely and vertical, check its balance. If it doesn't sit ~ horizontal, adjust the weights until they do. Always flip the flybar 180 degrees after you think it's balanced to make sure you weren't sitting in some imperfection on the glasses or on the flybar hub pivots.

Good luck again

-Tim
Old Mar 31, 2011, 07:23 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
Great advice Tim!
Old Apr 02, 2011, 04:42 AM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,224 Posts
Any pictures showing us your flybarless dual swash cx would be nice. If your busy, I will look forward to seeing the final version with the fly mentor in operation.
terencechan is offline Find More Posts by terencechan
Old Apr 02, 2011, 02:34 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
It is posted here
Post 463
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...331390&page=31
Old Apr 04, 2011, 07:18 AM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,224 Posts
Thanks, that's the nicest FP coaxial I have ever seen!
terencechan is offline Find More Posts by terencechan
Old Apr 04, 2011, 07:24 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terencechan View Post
Thanks, that's the nicest FP coaxial I have ever seen!
Don't tell him that! Tell him something is wrong so he can spend the next 6 months and $1,287,973 chasing it!!!!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Apr 04, 2011, 03:20 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Don't tell him that! Tell him something is wrong so he can spend the next 6 months and $1,287,973 chasing it!!!!!
OMG, how did you know?????

That was a good one bro!!! LOL
Old Apr 05, 2011, 07:05 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
The pivoting wing/ CX2 being worked on in another thread is interesting. The best of both worlds. I can see you jumping into that one too.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack