SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 10, 2006, 07:58 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
I built my own boom. with an arrow shaft and a t-rex tail fin attached with CA. At the time I made it an inch longer then the stock rear body & that effected the c of g. I figured with the bolt at the end of your tail it has to have some effect. Funny thing is my cx2 flys like crap with the tail installed. with the same setup as my cx, which flys awesome. You got a video of yours flying ??

Joe
xtreme is offline Find More Posts by xtreme
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2006, 08:09 PM
Joined Dec 2006
11 Posts
Looks nice xtreme.

I don't have video or a way to make one but I see what tburley said too, fast turns and for me at least a smooth hover.
monkeybrau is offline Find More Posts by monkeybrau
Old Dec 11, 2006, 02:26 AM
Free Flying
Joined Nov 2006
525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme
I built my own boom. with an arrow shaft and a t-rex tail fin attached with CA. At the time I made it an inch longer then the stock rear body & that effected the c of g. I figured with the bolt at the end of your tail it has to have some effect. Funny thing is my cx2 flys like crap with the tail installed. with the same setup as my cx, which flys awesome. You got a video of yours flying ??

Joe
what kind of flybar is that, and how does it fly?
anci3nt is offline Find More Posts by anci3nt
Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:26 AM
Greensboro/H.Pt/Win-Salem P.T. Intl, North Carolina, United States
Joined Dec 2001
806 Posts
First crash/s

OK, I had my first crash, well two crashes actually, this weekend. First one happened when I flew too close to the AC vent and the blast of air coming from the vent pushed the CX2 right at the TV. I shut the throttle before it hit the TV and the heli landed on (to my luck) some of my daughter’s stuffed toys that she had left below the TV, it was about an 8 foot drop. No physical damage was observed, however the very next flight reveled that it now needed a little left aileron trim. The second incident happened when I let the heli get too close to the ceiling fan while I was trying to stop my daughter from spilling her cup of milk on the carpet (three year olds and liquids can be a lot of fun). The heli hit the ceiling fan it turned upside down, instinctively I shut the throttle, but he fall was about 9-10 feet on to a side table. Surprisingly, the damages were very minor considering the fall. There were two small nicks, one each on one of the upper and lower blares and a very small bend on the fly bar. After thoroughly examining everything, I straitened the fly bar and flew the heli again. This time I needed full left aileron trim (right stick), a little down elevator trim plus I have to put a little more left aileron in the stick to keep it from drifting to the right. I have noticed a very small wobble (toilet bowl syndrome??) and a little vibration on the upper rotor.

I am not yet sure exactly how to correct these problems. I would appreciate any suggestions you have.

Vip.
Vipula AD is offline Find More Posts by Vipula AD
Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:55 AM
Greensboro/H.Pt/Win-Salem P.T. Intl, North Carolina, United States
Joined Dec 2001
806 Posts
By the way, I now have 10 full discharge cycles on one pack and 8 on the other. Total flying time of just under 3.5 hours for the CX2. I also built a 2S 1200 pack from some old E-tecs (from unused loose cells that I had) and I put in about 6 minutes worth of flying. The 1200 pack weighs 53.5g as opposed to 43.5g for the 800mAh originals. I have found that the 800s take in about 710-720mAh of charging after each flight. I have not tested the 1200s yet but the rotors did seem to spin faster with it. Theoretically, it should hold more voltage under load, making the system a little more efficient and hopefully compensating for the extra 10g of weight.

Vip.
Vipula AD is offline Find More Posts by Vipula AD
Old Dec 11, 2006, 09:11 AM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipula AD
OK, I had my first crash, well two crashes actually, this weekend. First one happened when I flew too close to the AC vent and the blast of air coming from the vent pushed the CX2 right at the TV. I shut the throttle before it hit the TV and the heli landed on (to my luck) some of my daughter’s stuffed toys that she had left below the TV, it was about an 8 foot drop. No physical damage was observed, however the very next flight reveled that it now needed a little left aileron trim. The second incident happened when I let the heli get too close to the ceiling fan while I was trying to stop my daughter from spilling her cup of milk on the carpet (three year olds and liquids can be a lot of fun). The heli hit the ceiling fan it turned upside down, instinctively I shut the throttle, but he fall was about 9-10 feet on to a side table. Surprisingly, the damages were very minor considering the fall. There were two small nicks, one each on one of the upper and lower blares and a very small bend on the fly bar. After thoroughly examining everything, I straitened the fly bar and flew the heli again. This time I needed full left aileron trim (right stick), a little down elevator trim plus I have to put a little more left aileron in the stick to keep it from drifting to the right. I have noticed a very small wobble (toilet bowl syndrome??) and a little vibration on the upper rotor.

I am not yet sure exactly how to correct these problems. I would appreciate any suggestions you have.

Vip.
Hey Vip,
I had a case of the slight toilet bowl effect myself and found a cure (worked for me at least). First, of course, make sure your flbar is perfectly straight. Also make sure your upper blade tracking is good. And thirdly, screw your linkage in/out to where it shows about as much of the screw as I have shown in the attached pic. OK, still got the TBE blahs? I still did and finally cured it by working my way around that top linkage loop with a small pair of pliers to loosen it up to where it actually feels as though it is about to slip off the ball.
Hovers perfectly now.
CCbusa05 is online now Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Dec 11, 2006, 09:17 AM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,792 Posts
I have a question for you CX2 owners. I have checked everything out and all seems to be operating normally, but within the past day I have noticed with both my CX2s a kind of rattling sound (for lack of a better explanation) that seems to be emitting from the motors!? They both fly perfectly but that intermittent crackling/rattling sound is annoying. Anyone one else experiencing this? Suggestions?
CCbusa05 is online now Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:14 AM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,477 Posts
Choppers vibrate everything on them to death.
Check your mounting screws.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:26 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anci3nt
what kind of flybar is that, and how does it fly?

Thats a one off. I can't give you guys all my secrets. LOL.. There ms composit 3D paddles. I trimmed the fly bar a little at a time till I achieved the characteristics I was looking for. The length I have them at makes the bird real sensative to control inputs. Not for the beginner. I don't like mine stable. boring... So between the paddles, control links moved to hole 3 on the servo horn, carbon fiber tail & vortex motors it's as close as I can get it to my single rotor heli's and fly it in the house without the worry of hurting one of my kids.

Joe
Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:30 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05
I have a question for you CX2 owners. I have checked everything out and all seems to be operating normally, but within the past day I have noticed with both my CX2s a kind of rattling sound (for lack of a better explanation) that seems to be emitting from the motors!? They both fly perfectly but that intermittent crackling/rattling sound is annoying. Anyone one else experiencing this? Suggestions?
Ahh the dreaded eflight motor scream. Throw in a set of vortex motors & all your problems will go away. With more power to boot.. BPhobbies.com has them for 8or9 bucks for the pair. Great deal since the stock eflight motors are 9 each.

Joe
Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:43 PM
Experienced R/C Repairman
Three Oaks, Michigan
Joined Sep 2003
2,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme
Ahh the dreaded eflight motor scream. Throw in a set of vortex motors & all your problems will go away. With more power to boot.. BPhobbies.com has them for 8or9 bucks for the pair. Great deal since the stock eflight motors are 9 each.

Joe
I thought I read that the CX2 motors were improved over the CX motors.
barnyardflyer is online now Find More Posts by barnyardflyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2006, 09:15 PM
Joined Sep 2006
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05
Hey Vip,
I had a case of the slight toilet bowl effect myself and found a cure (worked for me at least). First, of course, make sure your flbar is perfectly straight. Also make sure your upper blade tracking is good. And thirdly, screw your linkage in/out to where it shows about as much of the screw as I have shown in the attached pic. OK, still got the TBE blahs? I still did and finally cured it by working my way around that top linkage loop with a small pair of pliers to loosen it up to where it actually feels as though it is about to slip off the ball.
Hovers perfectly now.
I've wondered myself it we put Teflon spray lubricant on the ball joints and maybe the gears, it could help with these problems???

Perhaps some of you have tried this route, any luck?, did it help, or make a mess?
Zephyros is offline Find More Posts by Zephyros
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:32 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnyardflyer
I thought I read that the CX2 motors were improved over the CX motors.
There were supposed to be alot of improvments. I don't see them other than the DSM. In fact I think the 4n1 in the original is better. So much that I sold my cx2 & just picked up a cx. I just got done tearing it down. 4n1 is out of the case, deans antenna installed, vortex motors installed, aluminum bearing cup & inner shaft. Tomorrow I'll install t-rex ball links on the servo horns out 2 holes from stock, clean the grease out of the bearings, including the swash. The drag in the swash is the reason for the tail drift. Do my boom conversion & flybar paddles. And then I'll have a good heli to have fun in the house with.
I'll post pics when I'm done.

Joe
Last edited by xtreme; Dec 11, 2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:35 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyros
I've wondered myself it we put Teflon spray lubricant on the ball joints and maybe the gears, it could help with these problems???

Perhaps some of you have tried this route, any luck?, did it help, or make a mess?
Oil, water or anything you can throw at the motors won't help. I have taken apart one of my motors and found the upper bushing worn badly. there just garbage motors from the start.
Sorry I just figured out you weren't talking about the motors.

Joe
Old Dec 12, 2006, 05:48 AM
sardis,bc
Joined Sep 2003
502 Posts
can someone please tell me what is [are ] the differences between cx and cx2? my cx is still flying strong but i have not been around for some time to keep up.

thanks
CRASH GORDON is offline Find More Posts by CRASH GORDON