HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:01 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG MAN View Post
well in this short amount of time i have managed to hit a wall (not to hard) and now my ar6100 receiver won't turn on lol

any ideas?
Try rebinding it to the radio. It should talk about it in the owner's manual link I provided. Either plug the aircraft battery in first and (hopefully), you get a flashing receiver. Then turn on the transmitter and wait a few seconds. The receiver light should go steady and you might see/hear a slight jump of servo movement. Or, turn the transmitter on first, then hook up the aircraft. I seem to remember mine binding either way and you should only have to do this once, but sometimes the receiver can lose its "bind". Binding is where the transmitter programs to the receiver to listen to it and ONLY it. It sends a unique "password" type code to the receiver and is one of the most excellent parts of the Spektrum 2.4gHz system. It makes it virtually impossible to be "shot down" by someone else on your frequence and/or be affected by stray signals which can even emanate from the aircraft itself from bearings, electric motors, etc.

And, obviously, check all your wiring connections and make sure they're securely plugged in...
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:02 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
Sviking, with all due respect, I don't cut grass with my copters. How many times did you flip your copter upside down? I am not into 3d with copters. Maybe planes, but not copters. I like scale looks. Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:09 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Sviking, with all due respect, I don't cut grass with my copters. How many times did you flip your copter upside down? I am not into 3d with copters. Maybe planes, but not copters. I like scale looks. Lee
I flew and hovered upside down all the time. I had the best of the glow powered stuff when a culmination of events basically caused me to abandon the hobby for a while. A custom carbon fiber X-Cell .60 pro with all the trimmings, CSM heading hold gyro (the first of its kind), Futaba 9ZHPS radio system, etc.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:28 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG MAN View Post
well in this short amount of time i have managed to hit a wall (not to hard) and now my ar6100 receiver won't turn on lol

any ideas?
one wall should not have killed your rx ... wanna see?

fast forward to about 3:00

E2

http://www.rcline.tv/video/2416/i-fl...ore-i-crash--1
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:50 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,297 Posts
I just lost the right servo channel in my 6100e just today on my dual swash vtail heli, just doing nothing but testing my servo's since it has been intermittently going in and out for the last couple of weeks. This thing has been pounded through multiple wrecks, and worse yet, through multiple builds. Looks like one of the new replica's for $8 is going to be needed. Darnit, I knew I shouldn't have given my spare away.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:55 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Wow, 8 bucks for a receiver? That's incredible. Are those knock offs actually quality units?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 09:08 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,297 Posts
So far so good from the guys using them, and there are now multiple sources other than Hobbykings orange single wire that changed the market on them. I had been using up the last of the 5 or 6 of them I bought on the cheap in the hobbymart auctions. I had picked them up in complete flying CX3's that I was using to scavenge parts from. I don't think I ever paid more than $40 to $50 for any of the heli's even with the LP5 Tx's included. Now after 2 years I am starting to run low. I made most my money back just selling off the TX's so in the end it was a win-win.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 09:09 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
I made most my money back just selling off the TX's so in the end it was a win-win.
How'd you go about doing this? I have a 5ch TX from my CX2 that I don't need...
Old Jan 19, 2011, 09:48 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
How'd you go about doing this? I have a 5ch TX from my CX2 that I don't need...
Sold a couple of them on fleabay, they do go cheap now though at about $25.00. And I was wrong about the RX prices for the replacement 6100e. It dropped down to this
http://www.targethobby.com/mx-dsm-2-...p-4162015.html
And there are multiple copies of them out there that guys are buying by the boxloads as they eliminate the old 74hz junk they have on multiple flyers.
I am going to order a couple just to see how well they work. It is also my understanding that the orange RX at HK can be linked up to a separate extension receiver on the cheap also, and they are getting huge distances on them for planes.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 07:02 PM
In the 20' glider range
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jul 2009
4,503 Posts
Iv got a bunch of old cx2 parts if anybody want them.
If you are interested send me a pm and I will tell ya what I have
~Cole
anti-gravity is offline Find More Posts by anti-gravity
Old Jan 20, 2011, 07:09 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,779 Posts
Duds,
Im hunting a good CX2 RTF if anybody has a good one, please let me know (PM)...
Thanks,
B.
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Jan 20, 2011, 08:31 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-gravity View Post
Iv got a bunch of old cx2 parts if anybody want them.
If you are interested send me a pm and I will tell ya what I have
~Cole
You really don't live too far away from me! I have been thinking of getting rid of a ton of my stuff also.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 08:32 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
Duds,
Im hunting a good CX2 RTF if anybody has a good one, please let me know (PM)...
Thanks,
B.
I would send you one of mine fairly cheap, but the ship to the UK has to be atrocious!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 08:38 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
I would send you one of mine fairly cheap, but the ship to the UK has to be atrocious!
I have a good CX2 with lots of upgrades I'd consider selling since I never fly it anymore, but he's actually in the EU. Hungary, to be exact. No clue how to set that shipping/payment arrangement up...safely...
Old Jan 20, 2011, 09:28 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,297 Posts
Are you pretty much flying your mSR all the time now then?