SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:51 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,939 Posts
Ohh well. I got other things on my plate first. I am trying to design some flaps and ailerons for a scratch build plane. Not normally a good idea with a upper wing platform and with this much dihydral. But, I think I can at least play with it. haha. Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2011, 09:05 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,245 Posts
Allright! I just modded my microheli CF platform and metal geared servos for the dual swash build! I also completed the mods to the two HK brushless motors I will be using. I figured since they had been sitting in my parts drawer for months I should get started.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Last edited by Luvmyhelis; Jan 18, 2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:11 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,939 Posts
Man, that is looking good LMH. Great job. Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:37 AM
Cabool, MO
Joined Jan 2011
11 Posts
Hello im kinda new here but have been reading on here for about a week waiting for my CX2 to come in from WJH. Everything works fine except the tail keeps swinging to the right. I have tried trimming but that only slows it down. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks
BIG MAN
BIG MAN is offline Find More Posts by BIG MAN
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:45 AM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG MAN View Post
Hello im kinda new here but have been reading on here for about a week waiting for my CX2 to come in from WJH. Everything works fine except the tail keeps swinging to the right. I have tried trimming but that only slows it down. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks
BIG MAN
Have you tried adjusting the potentiometer on the 3-in-1 unit as per the instructions? There are two pots. One is for the gain or "sensitivity" of the gyro. Leave that one alone for now. The other one provides a "bias" as to whether the nose swings left or right. Adjust it a LITTLE bit at a time for nose RIGHT, since the tail is swinging to the right, which would be nose LEFT and that's what you want to dial out. I believe you turn the pot in the direction you want the nose to go. Again, refer to the instructions because they do cover this.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:54 AM
Cabool, MO
Joined Jan 2011
11 Posts
well the thing is lol, i didn't get any instructions so I'm kinda going at this blind except for what i have seen on youtube and read on here. and in this one thread there are 350+ post i may have missed that part haha. I will go and check that and see how it wrks out!

Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:03 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Page 20, Big Man... You can thank me later.

It's called the Main Motor Proportional Mix Trimmer Pot.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/Fi...CX2_Manual.pdf
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,245 Posts
Nice find! I keep forgetting these manuals are online.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,779 Posts
Quote:
well the thing is lol, i didn't get any instructions so I'm kinda going at this blind except for what i have seen on youtube and read on here. and in this one thread there are 350+ post i may have missed that part haha. I will go and check that and see how it wrks out!

Thanks!
Here is a link to the owner's manual for ya:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...CX2_Manual.pdf
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:08 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Nice find! I keep forgetting these manuals are online.
You can find manuals for just about everything online. I have an entire folder on my desktop for on-line manuals or links to them.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:37 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Man, that is looking good LMH. Great job. Lee
Thanks Mr Lee! I think today I may get the servo leads and new Esc's and the Gws mixer leads shortened up and soldered together into one unit. Just having that wiring mess cleaned up looses a ton of weight and looks sooooo much better. What is so cool about these new HK motors is that the wiring is actually copper unlike the ones I kit bought (overpaid) last year from wowhobbies that had cheap brittle junk for wire. And the Esc's would not interface with my DX6i. The kit was so poorly designed I ended up scrapping most of it and building my own. And their customer service was just abysmal to boot. On these HK motors the copper wire isn't brittle. What this means is that I can solder the leads directly to the Esc's! And if I move components around in the setup stage the motor leads wont snap. What a huge advantage not having to solder flexible jump leads to these like I did last time.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:56 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,245 Posts

These are the parts I am going to integrate together later today. All of this for far less than the retail price of a ratty 3in1!
Good stuff. I seriously wonder why anyone uses stock stuff anymore. This is so easy. And it performs flawlessly. Also if you use a 3cell battery it doubles the flight times and has so much power it can almost rip the blades off.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:56 PM
Cabool, MO
Joined Jan 2011
11 Posts
huge thanks to sviking! that helped out so much. Now i can do some real flying!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:58 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,245 Posts
Quote:
huge thanks to sviking! that helped out so much. Now i can do some real flying!
Kind of nice to have some quick answers for the fix isn't it! Sounds like you are off and running!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:58 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
You can find manuals for just about everything online. I have an entire folder on my desktop for on-line manuals or links to them.
This is one of my faves:
http://www.heliguy.com/Forum/RC-Helicopter-Manuals.html

Too bad it's not in some sort of order though. Members can also contribute their manuals as well.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012