HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2011, 09:11 AM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
cx2 has a two piece fuse, CX3 fuse is ONE piece (mighty big PITA to work with!!)
How do you get the one piece fuselage off?

Quote:
CX2 has a 3in1 that is supposedly inferior to the newer 3in1 in the CX3 (however, particularly with regards to the gyro a lot of reports say otherwise)
The CX2 unit is "inferior" because it doesn't have a heading hold gyro. The newer CX3 unit does. I can comment on both because I'm running a CX3 unit in my CX2 because the CX2 unit (gyro part) died when it was basically brand new.

When it worked, it worked pretty well. A little drift, but that was to be expected and it was a LOT better than the old POS Esky Co Co Lama I had years ago and basically gave up on. It's in a box somewhere...

The CX3 unit with the HH gyro does work markedly better than the CX2 gyro. It's still not perfect and not as good as my other dedicated piezo HH gyros, but it works "good enough" for what these little co-axials are and can (or can't) do.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2011, 09:28 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,031 Posts
To remove the fusalodge on a cx3 you...

Remove flybar
remove upper and lower blades
remove canopy shoring rods
Slide canopy up over main mast
carefully (it is a tight fit)
clear the brick last

that is about it. Happy Flying. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:52 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
To remove the fusalodge on a cx3 you...

Remove flybar
remove upper and lower blades
remove canopy shoring rods
Slide canopy up over main mast
carefully (it is a tight fit)
clear the brick last

that is about it. Happy Flying. Lee
That's about it? It's a giant PITA!!!!!!
FWIW, I bought a used CX2, not a new one, because the price of a new one is very high! Buying one used, you can get one already modded for what you'd likely want and need. When the CX3 came out, the 3-in-1's were terrible and Horizon Hobby was replacing them like they had the plague.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jan 18, 2011, 01:08 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,158 Posts
So what would you suggest? Go for CX3 or CX2? The latest stock CX2 has the needed upgrade, or must buy separately? (I mean good 3-1 gyor headlock, spectrum reciever, etc...)

Many thanks!
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Jan 18, 2011, 01:14 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
So what would you suggest? Go for CX3 or CX2? The latest stock CX2 has the needed upgrade, or must buy separately? (I mean good 3-1 gyor headlock, spectrum reciever, etc...)

Many thanks!
Just depends on what you want. The CX2 has everything the CX3 has except the scale fuselage and the heading hold gyro part of the 3-in-1 unit. They both have the Spektrum 2.4gHz receiver. I don't consider the HH gyro to be a "make or break" deal either way. Jump on either one at a good price.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 01:26 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
Just depends on what you want. The CX2 has everything the CX3 has except the scale fuselage and the heading hold gyro part of the 3-in-1 unit. They both have the Spektrum 2.4gHz receiver. I don't consider the HH gyro to be a "make or break" deal either way. Jump on either one at a good price.
Thanks for your reply! ...and if I read that "Includes The Latest Upgraded Advanced 3-in-1 Control Unit With Heading Lock Gyro" on a CX2 description, is it fake or real? I mean its a stock feature of the latest version of CX2 or the owner built in?

Thanks,
B.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:03 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
Thanks for your reply! ...and if I read that "Includes The Latest Upgraded Advanced 3-in-1 Control Unit With Heading Lock Gyro" on a CX2 description, is it fake or real? I mean its a stock feature of the latest version of CX2 or the owner built in?

Thanks,
B.
If it's advertised as brand new and claiming to have a heading hold gyro...and it's a CX2... I'd be highly suspect. The CX2 doesn't have it.

That said, MY CX2 has the CX3 unit with the HH gyro. But, that was a mod I did myself because my CX2 unit failed and I wanted the CX3 unit anyway. Just got to buy it a LOT sooner than I expected.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:19 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,158 Posts
Ahham...thanks dude!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:27 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,031 Posts
Hey bulesz, I like your helmet. Did you make it yourself? I only ask because I made myself a suit of armour years ago. Back when I was fighting in the sca. But, I had to buy my helmet. It is a difficult piece to hand make. Lee
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:02 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,158 Posts
Quote:
Hey bulesz, I like your helmet. Did you make it yourself? I only ask because I made myself a suit of armour years ago. Back when I was fighting in the sca. But, I had to buy my helmet. It is a difficult piece to hand make. Lee
Hi Lee,

Its from the Merlin TV series, this nice guy is the Black Knight...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:57 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,003 Posts
If nothing else you can pick up a new 3in1 unit on fleabay for about $15 if you shop judiciously. I know since I have done this about 4 times in the last few years. One thing to think about here no one has brought up. Once you have your CX tuned and flying properly the body stays on, it is whatever look you tend to like. And, you can always add a piezo style gyro to the 4in1 such as the Eflite g110. I also pick these up cheap! Buy what you want, I have both.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:24 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,031 Posts
I didn't know you could add a piezo gyro to the 3in1. I may try that myself soon. I have a gyro sitting here doing nothing. hehe. Lee
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:05 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
I didn't know you could add a piezo gyro to the 3in1. I may try that myself soon. I have a gyro sitting here doing nothing. hehe. Lee
The unit already has an integrated piezo gyro...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:42 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,031 Posts
Yea, but it is just sitting here. haha. I need to put it to work. Maybe something will come to mind. I could use it to spectramize my Ufly. Hmmmm
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:47 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Yea, but it is just sitting here. haha. I need to put it to work. Maybe something will come to mind. I could use it to spectramize my Ufly. Hmmmm
Then you'll need separate ESCs if the 3-in-1 goes on that bird.