SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 13, 2011, 05:38 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
If you shorten the flybar about 2inches or so off each end it should stop the porposing effect. If the overall length is say 5 to 6 inches or so it flies pretty agressively, much like your mSR (with some fat added).
I plan to do some mods like shortening the flybar and replacing the stock weights with some wheel collars (3 a side), like I've seen. Just been flying the mSR exclusively lately.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2011, 05:49 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
I plan to do some mods like shortening the flybar and replacing the stock weights with some wheel collars (3 a side), like I've seen. Just been flying the mSR exclusively lately.
I dont blame you, from all I have heard they are great little heli's for guys that have CP experience like yourself. I almost pulled the trigger on one that went new on fleabay last night for $80.00. Since I fly 450s it would have been a nice addition. But I ended up getting a new CF frame and 250 canopy for my next vtail dual swash build instead. I need to get this out of the way so I have time for my 450 coax build using the vtail brushless idea and then dual swashing it.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:06 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
I need to get this out of the way so I have time for my 450 coax build using the vtail brushless idea and then dual swashing it.
Now, THIS I want to see!

Awesome. It's like you'll have a little Soviet Havoc or Helix.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:40 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,275 Posts
Quote:
Now, THIS I want to see!

Awesome. It's like you'll have a little Soviet Havoc or Helix.
Exactly, full functionality much as a CP heli, using a modified ben hiller linkage system to effect and actually be part of the flybar. Also adding modded paddles to the flybar much like your mSR to direct the flybar motion. The results are quite incredible. Here are two links. The first is by EQmod, the second by myself.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1303004&page=3
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...331390&page=19
and within a few weeks as I said I will be attempting this on a 450 size
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Jan 14, 2011, 04:25 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,938 Posts
Quote:
No problemo.

As I said before, those CX2 motors do get HOT, even with the heat sink and thermal paste applied. The batteries get warm, but that's about it. I do let that one cool down. However, I haven't flown it a single time since getting the mSR. In fact, I wish I'd have just skipped the expense of the CX2 and the batteries/extra parts for it and went straight to the mSR since I already knew how to fly full scale and R/C helos. I just didn't know much about indoor electric helos and figured the co-ax was the best place to start. I had NO idea how stable the single mail rotor micro helos could be and I was blown away by the mSR. In fact, I hardly even "land" it anymore. I just pluck it out of the air by hand and launch it the same way from my fat ass lazy chair.

The CX2 is still a cool design, though, even if it flies "weird". The mSR flies MUCH more like what I'm used to.
Replace the CX2's stock motors for AeroNutz motors = $15.
You live in Arizona. Why aren't you outside flying?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:50 AM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Replace the CX2's stock motors for AeroNutz motors = $15.
You live in Arizona. Why aren't you outside flying?
I know you're in NY and you'll laugh... Not outside because it's cold! Seriously, we just moved back to AZ last year after many years in CT. HATED IT, but I know New England cold!

Also, I got these pretty much for the freedom to be able to fly indoors.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:07 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,938 Posts
Quote:
I know you're in NY and you'll laugh... Not outside because it's cold! Seriously, we just moved back to AZ last year after many years in CT. HATED IT, but I know New England cold!

Also, I got these pretty much for the freedom to be able to fly indoors.
Except that in most cases, it's too big for indoors! That's why you go plam size, aka CB-100 and 5G6-1.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:17 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Except that in most cases, it's too big for indoors! That's why you go plam size, aka CB-100 and 5G6-1.
I fly my CX2 indoors just fine. As for palm size, that's why my new mSR has become my absolute favorite!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:41 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
I suggest you look into a eflight blade s300. I love it. Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:46 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
I suggest you look into a eflight blade s300. I love it. Lee
Are you talking about the mCX s300? If so, I already have a co-ax. Don't want another one.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 02:02 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
haha, yes. The s300 is very stabile and looks great! I thought I read where you were considering a mcx. I was suggesting this one in it's stead. Lee
Old Jan 14, 2011, 02:13 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
haha, yes. The s300 is very stabile and looks great! I thought I read where you were considering a mcx. I was suggesting this one in it's stead. Lee
It does look like a cool little bird. I think the co-ax design is really neato, so if/when I ever get rid of the CX2, it will definitely be replaced by some flavor of mCX2...3...4...whatever they have out at the time. I like having a co-ax bird in my "hangar" for its uniqueness in design...but only one...
Old Jan 14, 2011, 02:39 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,625 Posts
These helis are like potato chips. You can't just eat/have one

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 14, 2011, 02:45 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
These helis are like potato chips. You can't just eat/have one

Mike.
I know!!! The glow powered ones were such a major investment and took logistics to get to the field, weather, make sure you have fuel, pay for club membership/AMA, etc... Just having two of those was often a PITA to ensure they were both flyable at the same time.

It's just SO much fun to throw a micro electric up in the air indoors at a moment's notice. Which is what I've been doing almost constantly with my mSR. Haven't flown the co-ax a single time since flying the mSR. Probably because it needs a skosh of work and I'm too lazy to do it when the mSR is so kick ass.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 03:03 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
I may have read it and can't remember. What tx are you flying the msr with?