SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:37 AM
Zip 08857
Joined Jun 2005
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankirk
Just ordered 2 packs from XUS Hobbies, due to your review.

I look forward to trying them out. They do charge with the e-flite charger, right?

Dan
Yes, they plug right into the e-flite charger, no issues whatsoever. I'm sure you gonna love 'em.
JookSing is offline Find More Posts by JookSing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:16 AM
Salt Lake City,UT
Joined Nov 2006
272 Posts
I ordered the batteries from XUS, hobbies. Good service, although they were back ordered at the time (about 2 weeks ago). I have been impressed by the flight times and the quality of the battery.

Ed
EEZFlyer is offline Find More Posts by EEZFlyer
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:16 AM
chaddlee
Mississippi
Joined Jan 2007
103 Posts
hello everyone. I have a mega battery and it was way too snug. I had to modify the battery. I got the idea from someone on here. He said to cut the taping off of the top of the battery and take it all off. This allows us to take the 3 tab inserts out from in between the 2 cell battery and then retape. it now fits good. I actually think that is the worst thing about the helicopter is getting the battery in. even the stock one.
chaddlee78 is offline Find More Posts by chaddlee78
Old Jan 17, 2007, 05:43 PM
San Diego, CA, USA
Joined Nov 2001
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddlee78
I actually think that is the worst thing about the helicopter is getting the battery in. even the stock one.
The way they tell you to put the battery in, wire end first is not the easiest way. Instead put the velcro on the end of the battery that the wires do not come out of and shove that end into the battery tray first. The wires are long enough to connect them up. This is much easier.

Chuck
rcelectfly is offline Find More Posts by rcelectfly
Old Jan 17, 2007, 07:23 PM
Crashin' n learnin'
Hopkinsville, KY
Joined Dec 2006
807 Posts
Putting the LiPo in wires first is a little tough. But if you want to tuck the wires away out of sight that's the best way to do it. I prefer a heli with no evidence of the wires anywhere in sight. Putting the battery into the heli with the wires out and making the connection leaves the wires out in plain view. For a quick, easy battery installation this works, but for a clean looking heli, battery installed wire end first and then tuck all wires into the canopy keeps it looking nice and clean.
klondikes is offline Find More Posts by klondikes
Old Jan 17, 2007, 07:34 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine Falcon
Hi:

I checked out a couple of sites that sell the Heli Bag - list at $49.95, saw it as low as $42.00 (Amazon).

I'm in the process of checking with the manufacturer to see if we could design and produce one at a lower cost with the features I've posted so far as well as the comments I've received already.

Thanks. Keep your thoughts for what you would like to see coming so I can produce a prototype sooner, than later.

Robert

Do you still want pics? I can load you up on them. Wing tote has a site that doesn't really provide much in the way of pics. Just let me know. It will be tomorrow at the soonest, was up way to late last night trying to find tools!!

Speaking of, I posted in the micro heli forum about tools and got zero replies so far. I would like to find a kit of drivers, flat, philips, hex, torx for working on helis. My Pops vortex lifted off tonight, but I got a lot of work to do on it first. Plenty of trimming to do. However, it uses torx screws for the blades, and i would like to find some nice tools for that and all the other stuff i am doing with the helis. Suggestions? Sites?

Thanks
Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:42 PM
Salt Lake City,UT
Joined Nov 2006
272 Posts
Diggs, you may want to try your LHS. A couple of mine have stocket the tools you are looking for, maybe not in a kit but individually.

I tried the reverse pirouet you talk about doing, it is a little tricky. Here is a video I posted on you tube
E-flite Blade CX2 Modified (2 min 15 sec)

I like the look of my CX2 with the cx yellow canopy and stersmans tail boom.

Ed
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:47 PM
#include <rcstuff.h>
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Jan 2006
691 Posts
A few mods...

Just a few pics of mods I've done so far. I've added the CF boom & skids from Jamie, aluminum head and that's a Vortex flybar.

First pic shows the CX2 body, and the other 2 pics show a painted CX body.

I've moved the servos to the 2nd hole and that together with the Vortex flybar makes for a more than average coax

Cheers, RH../
Redherring is offline Find More Posts by Redherring
Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:01 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEZFlyer
Diggs, you may want to try your LHS. A couple of mine have stocket the tools you are looking for, maybe not in a kit but individually.

I tried the reverse pirouet you talk about doing, it is a little tricky. Here is a video I posted on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW0WqOtnG00
I like the look of my CX2 with the cx yellow canopy and stersmans tail boom.

Ed
GREAT stuff man. Saw the start of the reverse piro. Just be aware, it is a blade strike monster for me. Although with the new boom, my strikes have really dropped. Good flying!!! You have a lot of indoor practice I see. I envy the amount of space you have to fly in. Also, I want to rip my ceiling fan down now I will give my shop a try this weekend. Hope they have some good stuff!! Thanks for the video!!

Diggs
Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:06 PM
#include <rcstuff.h>
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Jan 2006
691 Posts
Ed, very cool vid! I agree, the yellow looks nice...I am experimenting with various canopies at the moment...going to try a CP later this week.

Cheers, RH../
Redherring is offline Find More Posts by Redherring
Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:08 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redherring
Ed, very cool vid! I agree, the yellow looks nice...I am experimenting with various canopies at the moment...going to try a CP later this week.

Cheers, RH../
Eeeww, let me know about the CP canopy please!!! One at the LHS looks pretty sweet!

Diggs
Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:12 PM
Salt Lake City,UT
Joined Nov 2006
272 Posts
Red herrring, I like the look of the black body, what kind of paint did you use to paint the body?

Diggs thanks for the review of the video, its amazing what a digital camera can do now days.

I nailed the ceiling fan the other day fubar my heli broke the stock skids 2 blades the flybar head was bent, no fun.

BTW, how do I post video here I tried earlier and could not figure it out?

Ed
Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:17 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
I bought a bronze membership to support the forums, $20 per year to do that. It says it allows you to post video. Check that out here.

Not sure if you have to pay to post them, but kinda looks that way. HEY, did you ever get another charger?

Diggs
Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:20 PM
Penticton BC Canada
Joined Sep 2004
52 Posts
Hey Guys

Just got the cx2 and have about 6or7 flights or so and I am lik'en it! Dose Jamie sell the CF boom and skids on rc groups? Could someone give me a link. I am new to helis, upgrading the fly bar to a shorter one what dose this do. More stable how? Thanks
Brew is offline Find More Posts by Brew
Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:27 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
jamie@boomtownhobbies.com

He also sells them on e-bay.com

Diggs