HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:37 AM
chaddlee
Mississippi
Joined Jan 2007
103 Posts
hey fellows. i've been flying my blade cx2 for about 5 days now. I was wondering how can you tell if you have broken or cracked an inner or outer shaft. I took the front and back body canopy off and checked at the shafts and can't tell. they look straight as can be. And where in the world is the inner shaft. do you have to take the outer shaft off in order to get to the inner shaft? I see that there are two gears underneath the helicopter right about the battery tray. does the inner gear control the inner shaft and the outer gear control the outer shaft? I tried searching threads after threads and couldn't find anyone mentioning this and exactly how to get to the shafts and stuff. sorry if too long of a message. just need help thanks
chaddlee78 is offline Find More Posts by chaddlee78
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2007, 01:06 PM
Michigan
Joined Apr 2001
534 Posts
Loosen the screws on the lower large gear and you can pull the inner shaft out by pulling up the top blade hub. Check the diagrams that came with the heli (although I'll admit the diagrams could be better).
Rob Hair is offline Find More Posts by Rob Hair
Old Jan 16, 2007, 02:35 PM
Crashin' n learnin'
Hopkinsville, KY
Joined Dec 2006
807 Posts
Dis-Assembly Instructions

kingfisherbb and chaddlee78

Here is a link to an assembly manual that was put together complete with detailed pictures. This should help with any dis-assembly or assembly of the BCX or BCX2.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...19&postcount=1

I downloaded the document to my hard drive so that I have my own copy. Thanks to the author who put lots of work into a great manual.

klondikes
klondikes is offline Find More Posts by klondikes
Old Jan 16, 2007, 04:04 PM
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Joined Dec 2006
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddlee78
hey fellows. i've been flying my blade cx2 for about 5 days now. I was wondering how can you tell if you have broken or cracked an inner or outer shaft...
Just out of curiousity, what makes you think you may have broken/cracked your shaft?

Robert
Peregrine Falcon is offline Find More Posts by Peregrine Falcon
Old Jan 16, 2007, 04:05 PM
Joined Dec 2006
82 Posts
Man, that just didn't sound right
Old Jan 16, 2007, 04:34 PM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
Ouch!! I think I'm gonna get rid of mine and try this for a change. My wife doesn't think I'm serious enough about this hobby!!

http://www.hobbytron.com/RCFlyingCat...32&PID=1547706

Steve
sgomes is offline Find More Posts by sgomes
Old Jan 16, 2007, 05:20 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Hey Robert,

I purchased a Wing Tote Mini Heli bag Friday. I really like it, but I can tell you it has room for improvement. #1 thing I would change or provide is a larger better protected area for the TX. With the folding antenna on our TX, it just seems vulnerable. #2 movable walls, the tote has none. #3 more pockets. I prefer small pockets all over for storage of various items like battery packs, phones, tools, field chargers/batteries. You are on the right track with all your ideas. The size of the mini heli bag is chunky, but the front and rear have no pouches or pockets at all. Lot of wasted space, and there is only one pocket inside, and if you load it down with 5-7 packs, its not easy to close because the material is flimsy. A nice heavy canvas liner would be cool. I do love how they have a zipper all the way around the inner compartment and the 4 lined walls you insert in there. Sturdy. Foam goes on the inside, hard plastic outside so the heli is protected in a soft area surrounded by a hardshell then covered in the nylon outer portion of the bag. It seems durable and serves it purpose. Could use a little better layout to accommodate coax helis.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:54 PM
chaddlee
Mississippi
Joined Jan 2007
103 Posts
well, i thought i might have broken one or at least cracked one. not too sure. i have crashed some but the blades looked good still and the main shaft looks fine and the helicopter flies fine too even after the crashes. i do hear some vibration but it doesn't bother me. It still keeps on flying really good. i finally got it to fly better now than when i first got it, but i will still work on it to see if i can get it flying even better. I hear of people cracking their shafts and i'm thinking i have to have cracked mine and that maybe i need to take it apart to check.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:01 AM
chaddlee
Mississippi
Joined Jan 2007
103 Posts
thanks for the diagram of how to take the blade cx2 apart. that is very very helpful. I really am enjoying flying this helicopter. If ya'll haven't done this before you can try it. It is really fun. It is when you get good at hovering, you can get a bar stool that is maybe a foot or 2 foot wide and practice landing on it. I just started doing this and i'm still hovering tail in. it is a blast and challenge and it is helping me to keep my helicopter hovering pretty steady in order to land it. Actually, now by doing this, i've had some crashes and i've now broken one skid and chipped off the end of one of my lower blades and cracked one of my upper blade. So, i now need to buy some parts, huh? It is fun.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 05:14 AM
glue can fix anything
USA, GA, Stockbridge
Joined Mar 2006
174 Posts
Have any of you tried to bind your cx2 to a DX6 radio? I tried last night with no luck. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong.
mjljr is offline Find More Posts by mjljr
Old Jan 17, 2007, 06:01 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2004
1,646 Posts
The True RC packs came in yesterday. Here are a few photos of a side by side comparison of the True RC vs. the E-Flite pack. As you can see. They are exactly the same size. They are a drop in perfect fit. I only had time to pop one in last night and fire up the blade for 30 seconds or so. Seems like the power may be just a bit better. One thing that I like is that the wires come out of the top and not the side. This makes the pack easier to slide in and out of the battery holder. I should be getting a CF boom from Jamie in the next day or two so this should not be much of an issue. The connectors for charging and flying are an exact match so no soldering required. You can use the same charger though it will take about two hours to charge. My gram scale is in storage so I can not weigh them exactly, but the weights are about the same according to the TLAR method. As soon as I can charge a few up and fly them, I will report on flight times.

Alex
Eyefly is offline Find More Posts by Eyefly
Last edited by Eyefly; Jan 17, 2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 06:26 AM
Joined Dec 2006
82 Posts
Bag for helis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyDiggs
Hey Robert,

I purchased a Wing Tote Mini Heli bag Friday...

Diggs
Hi Diggs:

Thanks for getting back.

Any chance you could take a few photos and send them to me? I'd like to see what you are describing.

Also, I only had a couple of responses, so I'm not sure if this is going to have as much of an impact as I thought it would. I know I sure would like to have something like this

Also, if you don't mind, how much did it cost you?

Thanks again for the info!

Robert
Old Jan 17, 2007, 07:18 AM
President, RC Dusters
Sandwich, IL
Joined Nov 2006
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjljr
Have any of you tried to bind your cx2 to a DX6 radio? I tried last night with no luck. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong.
You can bind a DX7 and the CX2, but the DX6 is incompatible to the Blade CX2.

Blade CX2 RX is DSM2; DX6 does not work with DSM2, ony with DSM.

Time to buy a DX7?
gfdengine204 is offline Find More Posts by gfdengine204
Old Jan 17, 2007, 07:21 AM
President, RC Dusters
Sandwich, IL
Joined Nov 2006
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyDiggs
Hey Robert,

I purchased a Wing Tote Mini Heli bag Friday.

Diggs,

Where did you get your tote from?
gfdengine204 is offline Find More Posts by gfdengine204
Old Jan 17, 2007, 07:57 AM
Joined Dec 2006
82 Posts
Heli Bag

Hi:

I checked out a couple of sites that sell the Heli Bag - list at $49.95, saw it as low as $42.00 (Amazon).

I'm in the process of checking with the manufacturer to see if we could design and produce one at a lower cost with the features I've posted so far as well as the comments I've received already.

Thanks. Keep your thoughts for what you would like to see coming so I can produce a prototype sooner, than later.

Robert