Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:08 AM
Joined Dec 2006
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JookSing
Recieved my DN batteries for my CX2.

It a smidgen thicker that the stock pack so the fit is nice and snug, but no need to hack up the CX2 fuge to get it to fit, which was the biggest selling point for me for these batteries. Yes they cost a little more than the Mega's but like I said, no need to cut up the fuge. It'll stay in place without a velcro piece at one of the ends. What else can I say that hasn't already been said...they work great! Love 'em! A+++

Why are you still reading this? Go get some!
Just ordered 2 packs from XUS Hobbies, due to your review.

I look forward to trying them out. They do charge with the e-flite charger, right?

Dan
dankirk is offline Find More Posts by dankirk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2007, 02:36 AM
Joined Jun 2006
284 Posts
I will give a thumbs up for the DN packs too! I have a couple here I have been testing and they seem to work great and fit great.
stersman is offline Find More Posts by stersman
Old Jan 14, 2007, 08:18 AM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
My Mega's fit fine without any mods - a little snug, and you have to be careful, but with that great Stersman package you can get at the tray easily and just kind of scoooge (sp.??) er in there!!

Steve
sgomes is offline Find More Posts by sgomes
Old Jan 14, 2007, 09:01 AM
Joined Oct 2006
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyDiggs
If I can do a reversed piro with it, then I am sold.

Diggs
Please report back For me, reverse flight seems to be a constant fight against the gyro or something trying to pull it back to level.
rgoodwin is offline Find More Posts by rgoodwin
Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:55 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4 Posts
Has anyone tried simply removing the flybar weights, but keeping the length the same? Maybe someone out there who remembers their physics classes can calculate the moment of inertia with the weights both in place and removed. You can equate removing the weights as the same as shortening the bar (with the weights) by "x" amount.
Floyd1212 is offline Find More Posts by Floyd1212
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:10 PM
Joined Jun 2006
284 Posts
Flying without the weights makes the CX a little less stable but a little more responsive. You will also have less blade strikes!
stersman is offline Find More Posts by stersman
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:20 PM
cx1
Joined Jan 2007
43 Posts
HELP!! Please
My CX keeps yawing left. I've trimmed the pot,I have removed the 4in1 from case, the upper blades spin faster than the lower (should be yawing to the right). everything seems good no cracks or broken parts, the blades are balanced, there isn't any binding, I've lubed the bearings.
I don't know what to do.
Thankfully I don't have a sledge hammer nearby or it would be paper thin by now!
Does anyone know what could be causing it.
cx1 is offline Find More Posts by cx1
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:50 PM
Can't fly unless you try!
Virginia
Joined Jan 2007
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cx1
HELP!! Please
My CX keeps yawing left. I've trimmed the pot,I have removed the 4in1 from case, the upper blades spin faster than the lower (should be yawing to the right). everything seems good no cracks or broken parts, the blades are balanced, there isn't any binding, I've lubed the bearings.
I don't know what to do.
Thankfully I don't have a sledge hammer nearby or it would be paper thin by now!
Does anyone know what could be causing it.
Is it possible that one of your motors is starting to wear out or dragging in some way?
Sno-Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sno-Flyer
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:53 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
I think the tail drift issue is a known problem with the original CX. Check the how I fly buy modify my blade CX thread, I believe its discussed there and some solutions are mentioned.

GL
Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jan 14, 2007, 05:45 PM
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Joined Dec 2006
82 Posts
Reducing BLAD CLASH by shortening lower blades

Hi all!

I finally had the opportunity to fly my CX2 outside with the shortened lower blades. They were originally 6.125" long, they are now 5.5" long.

I didn't have any blad clash at all!

Now, I'm not sure what a 'reversed piro, head-up-tail-down with a difficulty level of 9.99' exactly is -- hopefully, Diggs will send us some video -- but I tried full foward then a quick back without clash! There definitely seems to be greater response and faster forward/backward motion. I have not changed the airleron pin holes (yet).

Then all the mishaps started to occur. The first broke a lower blade so I tried trimming it to 5.75" long -- I used a stationery belt/disc sander. The disc makes quick work of the blade. Tried the new lower baldes, heard a couple of clicks when the blades clashed. Did I stop to shorten them? Of course not Like an idiot, kept flying until BANG Why don't we ever learn? Well I beat the heck out of blades and the heli came crashing down. So, 5.75" appears too long, I'm sticking with 5.5" for the lower blades and leave the uppers alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Blade Balancing:

I'm sorry to repeat this, but for those that don't know, make sure your blades are balanced! I had to replace one of my upper blades (Saturday was not a good flight day for me). When I started up the blades, the heli vibrated worse than it ever did - with just the upper blades spinning. I took off the flybar, straightened it out. Still vibrated. Took out the inner shaft, checked it. Still vibrated. Took off the flybar and the inner shaft again. Still vibrated. Then I decided to check the balance of the upper blades.

I read somewhere to take to mugs and place them next to each other. Place the two blades together and let them straddle the mugs on each ball joint. The one blade swung way down! Then I noticed there are numbers on the base of each blade -- one was a "2" and the other a "3"! The two was much heavier. In the new bag of 4 blades, two had "2" and the other "3". After I paired them up, hours of frustration trying to eliviate shaking were gone!

Batteries

My Common Sense batteries came in. They don't fit very well and I'm not about to cut up the CX2 fuselage! For now, I wrapped a pair of rubber bands around the 'short wings', under the body and cradled the battery there. It's a quick fix and doesn't appear to change the flight characteristics. And, it was real easy switching the pins on the connector.

Well, hope all this helps someone. You folks have helped me a lot, I'd like to try and contribute what I can.

Have a great evening!

Robert
Peregrine Falcon is offline Find More Posts by Peregrine Falcon
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:13 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine Falcon
Hi all!
Now, I'm not sure what a 'reversed piro, head-up-tail-down with a difficulty level of 9.99' exactly is -- hopefully, Diggs will send us some video -- but I tried full foward then a quick back without clash! There definitely seems to be greater response and faster forward/backward motion. I have not changed the airleron pin holes (yet).
LOL, that is funny dude. I have no cam so no video to send. The reverse Piro is pretty simple to do, and has a cool nose up effect. Start a piro, kinda slow, then reverse with throttle. Throttle to keep the elevation and the reverse will kick the tail down and nose up. so the bird will be spinning at an angle kinda like this \, well maybe not that steep, but certainly an angle.

Quote:
Then all the mishaps started to occur. The first broke a lower blade so I tried trimming it to 5.75" long -- I used a stationery belt/disc sander. The disc makes quick work of the blade. Tried the new lower baldes, heard a couple of clicks when the blades clashed. Did I stop to shorten them? Of course not Like an idiot, kept flying until BANG Why don't we ever learn? Well I beat the heck out of blades and the heli came crashing down. So, 5.75" appears too long, I'm sticking with 5.5" for the lower blades and leave the uppers alone.
How did you break the first blade? Strike or accident? Good info on the disc sander, might have to try that out. I might give the 5.75 on both top and bottom and see. But I realy dont want to try this till blades come back in stock at the LHS.

Quote:

Batteries

My Common Sense batteries came in. They don't fit very well and I'm not about to cut up the CX2 fuselage! For now, I wrapped a pair of rubber bands around the 'short wings', under the body and cradled the battery there. It's a quick fix and doesn't appear to change the flight characteristics. And, it was real easy switching the pins on the connector.
I think I am sticking with the DN power batts and Mega Power too. I love the way the DN's fit the heli, perfect, very snug. The only draw back to the Mega power is the size. Just a bit too thick for my comfort level, but for the price they rock. And I don't mind taking out the spacers, they don't get that hot on me. Thanks for sharing that info man, good to know. I might still get a couple. I think they will fit the other heli like a champ and they are so cheap. How was flight time?

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:45 PM
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Joined Dec 2006
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyDiggs
LOL, that is funny dude. I have no cam so no video to send. The reverse Piro is pretty simple to do, and has a cool nose up effect. Start a piro, kinda slow, then reverse with throttle. Throttle to keep the elevation and the reverse will kick the tail down and nose up. so the bird will be spinning at an angle kinda like this \, well maybe not that steep, but certainly an angle.
WOW! Not sure how comfortable I am trying that one. I would love to see that in person some time. Maybe you can borrow a vid?

Quote:
How did you break the first blade? Strike or accident? Good info on the disc sander, might have to try that out. I might give the 5.75 on both top and bottom and see. But I realy dont want to try this till blades come back in stock at the LHS.
The first was an accident. I think I did it when the heli landed on the carpet and tipped over before the blades stopped spinning. The end was torn/ripped. I kept flying but there was a bunch of shaking goin' on

Then, when the other lower blade got clipped in a blade clash after I moved my servo up one hole, I ended up taking them both down to 5.5". That length was purely by accident (no pun intended )

Quote:
I think I am sticking with the DN power batts and Mega Power too. I love the way the DN's fit the heli, perfect, very snug. The only draw back to the Mega power is the size. Just a bit too thick for my comfort level, but for the price they rock. And I don't mind taking out the spacers, they don't get that hot on me. Thanks for sharing that info man, good to know. I might still get a couple. I think they will fit the other heli like a champ and they are so cheap. How was flight time?
Seems to be the same as the E-flites. Now, there seems to be so many choices and some fit, some don't, some need mods, some folks say they don't? Here's what I see. Maybe someone can straighten it all out for every one:

DN Power 10C 900mAh 7.4v 2S - For Blade CX ($19.95)
-- does this fit perfectly or not?
-- this is rated 10C but some folks swear they are more like 15C

Mega Packs - they come in 10C and 15C
-- some say it fits without taking out the foam between the two batteries
-- isn't there a reason for that foam? Like to keep the two batteries separated and cooler?

Common Sense - that's what I just got
-- they don't seem to fit
-- they are 10C (I'm pretty sure)
-- they are cheap!

Hey, gotta go. I'm at the office working late (Okay, not really working, reading through all the threads) and it's getting late...

Talk at you all later!

Robert
Peregrine Falcon is offline Find More Posts by Peregrine Falcon
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:49 PM
Crashin' n learnin'
Hopkinsville, KY
Joined Dec 2006
807 Posts
Adjusting Servo Linkages

I posted what I belive is a good description on adjusting servo linkages at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...04&postcount=8. I have seen many posts asking about this and this should describe the procedure very well with a picture for all that are trying to tune their BCX/2 to hover well. I have my BCX2 tuned in and can hover with no hands for at least 10-15 seconds with zero or very minor drift after fine tuning with the trims on the Tx.

klondikes
klondikes is offline Find More Posts by klondikes
Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:53 PM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,427 Posts
Quote:
DN Power 10C 900mAh 7.4v 2S - For Blade CX ($19.95)
-- does this fit perfectly or not?
-- this is rated 10C but some folks swear they are more like 15C

Mega Packs - they come in 10C and 15C
-- some say it fits without taking out the foam between the two batteries
-- isn't there a reason for that foam? Like to keep the two batteries separated and cooler?

Common Sense - that's what I just got
-- they don't seem to fit
-- they are 10C (I'm pretty sure)
-- they are cheap!

Hey, gotta go. I'm at the office working late (Okay, not really working, reading through all the threads) and it's getting late...

Talk at you all later!

Robert
Try these:

True RC 900mah 12mm x 25mm x 67mm
40 grams $20 plus $1 shipping for any amount.
http://home.comcast.net/~truerc/read...eady_packs.htm

Thanks;
Rod
bc-slowflyer is online now Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Last edited by bc-slowflyer; Feb 05, 2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 02:38 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
That looks like a exact match to the DN Power Pack. It measures the same. Love the postage deal. Do I really need another pack for my CX2?
I have five.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member