Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 04, 2008, 12:39 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
429 Posts
A74Charger, if you still have the stock tail on your cx2 then you can get a large rubber band, put it over one wing then put your battery below the battery tray and put the rubber band under it and up the other side and over the other wing.

Mine works like that but i got a dud mystery battery. Have you tried your batterys yet? Because i think there is 2 types that have different model numbers and one type don't work properly and give you about a min or so flight time.

Ryan.
HeliRyan is offline Find More Posts by HeliRyan
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2008, 02:33 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
429 Posts
I just ordered a DN Power 850 Mah 15C battery and a Xtreme hard lexan canopy from boomtown hobbies. I hope to get them in just over a week and will tell you guys how they perform. Boomtown also has a new website which looks pretty good and has alot of CX2 upgrades on it.

Ryan.
Old Apr 05, 2008, 05:49 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
I just painted my extreme canopy today.. still drying.

I did pick up a ESP Hobby tail boom at the LHS and ordered the extreme blade grips as well as some new extreme blades.

so far with the tail it seems to fly ALOT better outside.

i had a stock CX2 with me at the LHS parking lot and we both flew each others in the wind. mine was definitely able to handle alot better.

im hoping the blades will be a neat addition as well.
USNAviationjay is offline Find More Posts by USNAviationjay
Old Apr 05, 2008, 08:06 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
Just a warning.. be VERY careful with your extreme canopy.. I just ruined mine trying to poke the required holes for mounting.

it rips pretty easily =/

mines trashed.. oh well.
Old Apr 05, 2008, 08:19 PM
NSW, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
429 Posts
I have one coming int he mail so i will be really carefull with it.
Does it feel like it would break in a crash?

Ryan.
Old Apr 05, 2008, 08:30 PM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
First crash...!

Well first real crash in approx 3 weeks I've had the cx2 (got a little cocky/over confident). Broken lower blade and lower head. I had no choice but replace the lower hub with the cnc one and the cnc swash too. I had no stock ones to use. I noticed the cnc bits have really tight tolerances going on the outer shaft...I mean really tight fit. I had to lightly sand with an emery cloth block to make it fit smoothly down on the shaft. Gave the bearings 1 drop of 3 in 1 oil each and reassemble the heli. No toilet bowl affect nor out of trim @ all. Didn't even have to re-level the swash plate. Is this normal to just put it back together and it flys like nothing happened @ all...? I have to say this thing is way simpler than the axe cp and less complex. The only gripe I have is inserting the battery into the battery holder. Little bit of a pain to get it to fit right. But I realized my $$$ mistake by buying the axe cp first. I should have bought the cx2 first. I wont buy another tail driven heli again. Ill stick with co-axial type cuz all I do is fly inside anyway. I thought I was keeping my axe for all eternity but with the trouble it gave me and the money pit it is no way...bye bye axe cp.
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Old Apr 05, 2008, 08:55 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliRyan

Ryan.
naw very flexible crash wise.. just a pain in the butt to get the mounting holes poked.
Old Apr 05, 2008, 08:59 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas4
Well first real crash in approx 3 weeks I've had the cx2 (got a little cocky/over confident). Broken lower blade and lower head. I had no choice but replace the lower hub with the cnc one and the cnc swash too. I had no stock ones to use. I noticed the cnc bits have really tight tolerances going on the outer shaft...I mean really tight fit. I had to lightly sand with an emery cloth block to make it fit smoothly down on the shaft. Gave the bearings 1 drop of 3 in 1 oil each and reassemble the heli. No toilet bowl affect nor out of trim @ all. Didn't even have to re-level the swash plate. Is this normal to just put it back together and it flys like nothing happened @ all...? I have to say this thing is way simpler than the axe cp and less complex. The only gripe I have is inserting the battery into the battery holder. Little bit of a pain to get it to fit right. But I realized my $$$ mistake by buying the axe cp first. I should have bought the cx2 first. I wont buy another tail driven heli again. Ill stick with co-axial type cuz all I do is fly inside anyway. I thought I was keeping my axe for all eternity but with the trouble it gave me and the money pit it is no way...bye bye axe cp.
nope as long as you level the swash and keep the blades balanced it will fly like a dream.
Old Apr 05, 2008, 08:59 PM
NSW, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
429 Posts
douglas4, to make the battery insertion easier you can buy a tail boom to reaplace the stock tail and it also lets you do faster prios etc.
There is the boomtown hobbies boom which i have and it is great.
www.boomtownhobbies.com

Or the EXxtreme boom.
www.bladecx2.com

Ryan.
Old Apr 05, 2008, 10:20 PM
Balsa taste like chicken!
USA, MS, Columbus
Joined Jun 2006
490 Posts
Quote:
A74Charger, if you still have the stock tail on your cx2 then you can get a large rubber band, put it over one wing then put your battery below the battery tray and put the rubber band under it and up the other side and over the other wing.

Mine works like that but i got a dud mystery battery. Have you tried your batterys yet? Because i think there is 2 types that have different model numbers and one type don't work properly and give you about a min or so flight time.

Ryan.
I have an Extreme Boom, my Mystery packs work great, used velcro to attach them before I had to replace main frame. I'm still using 2 original CX packs, and have 2 Mystery packs. Been looking at new battery holder setup on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270224313456
A74Charger is offline Find More Posts by A74Charger
Old Apr 05, 2008, 10:24 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A74Charger
I have an Extreme Boom, my Mystery packs work great, used velcro to attach them before I had to replace main frame. I'm still using 2 original CX packs, and have 2 Mystery packs. Been looking at new battery holder setup on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270224313456
Not sure if thats the same one as this

http://www.eboyztoyz.net/index.php?op=showitem&sku=9402
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Apr 06, 2008, 12:07 AM
Finally made a maiden flight!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2008
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAviationjay
Just a warning.. be VERY careful with your extreme canopy.. I just ruined mine trying to poke the required holes for mounting.

it rips pretty easily =/

mines trashed.. oh well.
I had the same issue. although mine ripped while trying to get it on the heli. did the film surprise you? i even read the warning! i just thought.... clear film? what the? after masking and cutting around the window all nice. i shot a perfect coat of sun yellow down on it. i thought i was in for glory!!

hahahahaha! i removed the masking tape...and suddenly it was all too clear!!! clear film!! the tape and the film came off like a dream along with my entire coat of yellow paint!!! ! lmao!!! so folks remove the "clear protective film before you paint your heli. and avoid feeling like alpine schmuck!!!
alpinemike is offline Find More Posts by alpinemike
Old Apr 06, 2008, 12:15 AM
Finally made a maiden flight!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2008
369 Posts
Quote:

Ryan.
hey ryan, there will be a little sticker telling you about the protective film. you wont be able to see it. but its there! be sure to remove it before you paint! i dismissed this warning as the film is hard to see. and nope ive broken almost every thing besides it. its pretty tough! just not easy to cut the holes for the mounting rods. i used a razer knife "exacto" i started a small hole by twisting the blade till the hole was big enough. then just put the rubber gromets over the holes to hold her on
alpinemike is offline Find More Posts by alpinemike
Old Apr 06, 2008, 12:32 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
429 Posts
Yea, ill just use a scapel. I think ill keep the canopy clear until i get time to go to the LHS and buy some paint for it.

The other day i crashed, it was windy and i wasn't going to fly out on the street but my brother wanted to take photos of it out there so i went. And i was flying great but one time wind was blowing it closer and closer to the trees so i added a bit of backwards cyclic and it didn't start coming back, so i added more, but it was still heading towards the trees, so i added a fair bit more and it still wasn't coming, so i added the most it would go and then it just shot back towards me really fast, so i had to start giving forward cyclic, then there was a blade clash. And onto the road it goes.

Now i think i have TBE becasue if i go like to the forward then left it will start doing TBE but i can also make it hover and not have TBE. Like when i took off i was testing it and i only gave throttle and it didn't have TBE and i went hands off for about 10 secs (with the flybar weights off) so i kinda do have TBE but can stop it if i want.

I made a new trick that you can do if you have TBE, you do a really fast continious piro while it is TBE'in and it looks mad. lol

Ryan.
Old Apr 06, 2008, 12:47 AM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
observation

Thanks Ryan for the boom mod info. I'm sticking with scale fuselages. I ordered the eflite jetranger body (silver/blue)..and will soon ad the eflite marine body with missles etc for my cx2. About my observation guys: "Tonight a tried to ad the full heat sink to the motors...guess what..the ptc fuse on the right motor is in the way. So I dremeled the back of the heat sink off and slid the heat sink thru the front of the motors with some heat sink goop and it works but you have to slightly bend the fuse up to get the heat sink flush against the right motor." That otta do the trick. Lastly I have to order the bearing cup which seems to be out of stock @ greathobbies.com so I'll back order it and my CX2 is done up grading. I have 4 lipos for it now..extra blades and skids. I'm not gonna ad any extreme stuff to it either. She works the way it is now perfectly.
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4