Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 07, 2006, 07:21 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,580 Posts
Base,
Something else they might ask you to try is to plug the pitch servo into the roll servo slot and see if for sure whether it is the 4 in 1 or as suggested earlier, the servo that is not functioning properly.

Good luck, but I do believe Horizon will be helpful. Let us know. I have a Typhoon (plane) and the esc burned up. They offered to replace it if I just would send in the old one with a note. It is my fault that I never mailed it in.
That is the bad part when you have extras. You put things off.

Peace,
Lyle
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2006, 05:00 PM
Joined Mar 2005
129 Posts
LCJ,

Great suggestion on swapping the servos in the 4-1 unit. I tried the swap and it 100% isolated the issue to the pitch servo.

I called Horizon tech support today, they are sending out a new servo to me which I should have at the beginning of next week.

-Base
Baseheadz is offline Find More Posts by Baseheadz
Old Dec 07, 2006, 05:29 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Don't feel bad guys
I picked up my CX2 and I'm very dissapointed with the quality control. Mine came out of the box with a bent inner & outer shafts, servo arms that looked like pretzels & such a bad yaw that it is unflyable. Horizon has sent me the new shafts & horns but I have to send in the 4n1 to get a new one. I don't like the new servos either, they are very noisy.. So it won't be long before I have to replace them. The old saying goes don't ever buy the first production year of a new style of car, So I guess that also applies to toys also..

Just my 3 cents

Joe
xtreme is offline Find More Posts by xtreme
Old Dec 07, 2006, 06:23 PM
But Honey..It was only $$
United States, WA, Blaine
Joined Dec 2004
1,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme
The old saying goes don't ever buy the first production year of a new style of car, So I guess that also applies to toys also..

Just my 3 cents

Joe
Yep.
kookboy is offline Find More Posts by kookboy
Old Dec 07, 2006, 07:30 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,568 Posts
Bcx2...

Not one complaint with mine. A couple of minor adjustments out of the box and it's rock solid. Amazing heli for the price. Love the 2.4 radio. Very locked in feel. I'm having a blast! Time to put it back under the tree!
Bummer.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2006, 07:36 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,580 Posts
Base,
Sorry you had a problem but glad that was it. It is probably the easiest to easily fix.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Peace,
Lyle
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Dec 07, 2006, 07:49 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme
Don't feel bad guys
I picked up my CX2 and I'm very dissapointed with the quality control. Mine came out of the box with a bent inner & outer shafts, servo arms that looked like pretzels & such a bad yaw that it is unflyable. Horizon has sent me the new shafts & horns but I have to send in the 4n1 to get a new one. I don't like the new servos either, they are very noisy.. So it won't be long before I have to replace them. The old saying goes don't ever buy the first production year of a new style of car, So I guess that also applies to toys also..

Just my 3 cents

Joe
Bummer! I hate to see posts like this. I hope you'll get it all sorted out ASAP! On the otherside of the coin, some come as advertised out-of-the-box! I got lucky today, read on:
I ain't nuts, just got a bad case of heli fever; picked up another CX2 at the LHS this morning. OK, now.........after reading some of these horror stories, I have finally come to the conclusion that it's all in the luck of the draw. When I entered the store, an old guy was arguing with the owner about not being able to fly his brand new CX2. He took it in the back room to show us...........it flew, but dang, talk about tail twitch and toilet bowl! Not too bad mind you, but bad enough to turn a guy off! This guy knew his stuff, owns a Blade CPP and just wanted some indoor winter fun but was unable to correct these issues. Bad servo(s), bad 4in1? The owner is going to tear into it and check it out for him.
So.....gulp, on with my story, on the display shelf out front were 6 BCX2 boxes. I looked a long time before reaching towards the back and picking one, hoping for the best. Upon inspection before I left the store, it looked OK. The first thing I look for are any visual cracks or damage to the body and a free bouncing flybar is a must, check! Took her home, charged up the battery, got all my tools out fully prepared to make gain and/or proportional pot adjustments, like I had to do with CX2 number one before it behaved up my expectations. I was completely blown away when I spooled her up in the garage.........absolutely NO tail twitch and upon completion of a full pack, just very minor Tx trim adjustments to control an almost non existent tail drift (just like they advertise)............and perfect hover, all straight out-of-the-box! So guys, don't shrug off even minor problems, make whomever you bought from honor the warranty until you're completely satisfied! These little red beauties do work properly when everything is right! GOOD LUCK!!
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Dec 07, 2006, 07:55 PM
United States, NY, Lake Grove
Joined Mar 2006
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05
Bummer! I hate to see posts like this. I hope you'll get it all sorted out ASAP! On the otherside of the coin, some come as advertised out-of-the-box! I got lucky today, read on:
I ain't nuts, just got a bad case of heli fever; picked up another CX2 at the LHS this morning. OK, now.........after reading some of these horror stories, I have finally come to the conclusion that it's all in the luck of the draw. When I entered the store, an old guy was arguing with the owner about not being able to fly his brand new CX2. He took it in the back room to show us...........it flew, but dang, talk about tail twitch and toilet bowl! Not too bad mind you, but bad enough to turn a guy off! This guy knew his stuff, owns a Blade CPP and just wanted some indoor winter fun but was unable to correct these issues. Bad servo(s), bad 4in1? The owner is going to tear into it and check it out for him.
So.....gulp, on with my story, on the display shelf out front were 6 BCX2 boxes. I looked a long time before reaching towards the back and picking one, hoping for the best. Upon inspection before I left the store, it looked OK. The first thing I look for are any visual cracks or damage to the body and a free bouncing flybar is a must, check! Took her home, charged up the battery, got all my tools out fully prepared to make gain and/or proportional pot adjustments, like I had to do with CX2 number one before it behaved up my expectations. I was completely blown away when I spooled her up in the garage.........absolutely NO tail twitch and upon completion of a full pack, just very minor Tx trim adjustments to control an almost non existent tail drift (just like they advertise)............and perfect hover, all straight out-of-the-box! So guys, don't shrug off even minor problems, make whomever you bought from honor the warranty until you're completely satisfied! These little red beauties do work properly when everything is right! GOOD LUCK!!
I agree .... Sorry you are having problems .... Hopefully these are isolated incidents .... My CX2 flew beautiful right out of the box ... only minor proportional trimming on the 4 in 1 required .... Made its way to from Cali to NY via UPS ground with no damge ... I am LOVING this little guy ... I have no idea why but it feels much more precise than any of the BCX's I own ...

Very wierd ... But in this case a gooood thing!
NuNuJet is offline Find More Posts by NuNuJet
Old Dec 07, 2006, 08:08 PM
Rye, NY
Joined Mar 2006
165 Posts
Heh, After having so much trouble with my last CX, I tested the CX2 BEFORE I left the shop. I payed for it, tested it right there, then took it home.
Flies beautifully!
Helder22 is offline Find More Posts by Helder22
Old Dec 07, 2006, 08:17 PM
Experienced R/C Repairman
Three Oaks, Michigan
Joined Sep 2003
2,542 Posts
Mine's finally coming tomorrow, I hope it's a good one!
barnyardflyer is online now Find More Posts by barnyardflyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2006, 08:23 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
[QUOTE=Helder22]Heh, After having so much trouble with my last CX,

Thats the kick in the butt for me. My CX flies beautiful, None of the problems that have been so widley posted. I probably have around a thousand flights on it. Some pretty bad FFF crashes, A few wind blown into the trees crashes and even a couple of my jack russel jumping 4 feet in the air to grab it crashes & it still flys great on the stock motors & bearings. I obviously have changed a few other parts on it. I figured it was time for a new one & I got skunked. I will however get it flying correct or I will banzai it into a wall at full speed..

Joe
Old Dec 07, 2006, 10:10 PM
United States, NY, Lake Grove
Joined Mar 2006
147 Posts
[QUOTE=xtreme]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helder22
I will however get it flying correct or I will banzai it into a wall at full speed..

Joe
Dude, I'm on Long Island too ... Where did you buy it??

I got a nice big aircraft hangar here with 40 foot ceilings if you feel like doin a Kamikazi run with it!!
NuNuJet is offline Find More Posts by NuNuJet
Old Dec 07, 2006, 11:01 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
LMAO !! You may just get your wish nunu, I just had a servo go out midflight, lucky for me I managed to land. Horizon is going to get a rather phone call tomorrow. I would rather not say where I bought it. LHS don't need bad publicity. It tough enough for them already with the internet. So with that said, where do you live? And do you fly ? I'd like to take my MX450S for a run in your building.

Till the next crash

Joe
Old Dec 08, 2006, 02:26 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Well, horizon took care of my problem. There sending me 2 new servos. Kudos to them.
Old Dec 08, 2006, 04:38 PM
Experienced R/C Repairman
Three Oaks, Michigan
Joined Sep 2003
2,542 Posts
I got mine today and the first flight it wanted to turn just slightly left when I started and I thought it was not too bad, but I expected better with the new 4 in 1. After flying for a couple of minutes, it started to spin right and the started wanting to spin to the right faster and faster as the flight went on to the point it was getting uncontrollable. I landed and tried to lift off again, but it just wanted to skid sideways and spin viloently to the right. I then stopped, unplugged the battery, plugged it back in, and the flight continued like it first started, with a slight turn to the left.

My Blade CX I bought almost exactly 1 year ago flew and acted the same way, but after cooling mods, it stayed pretty consistant through the flight.

I can't at this point see where the CX2 improved 4 in 1 is any better than the original CX version. I thought it supposed to have a better gyro.
barnyardflyer is online now Find More Posts by barnyardflyer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by barnyardflyer; Dec 08, 2006 at 04:46 PM.