HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2008, 06:15 PM
Joined Mar 2007
79 Posts
Thanks guys. I got it fixed.

There was a pitch issue as well as a chunk of a blade was missing. Top blade.

I am a moron for not seeing that earlier. I was very sleepy, and out of it and SOMEHOW overlooked that. I apologize for posting and not being observant first.

Its spinning like a top now. Perfectly!

BTW, mine is all stock plastic parts, no aluminum, YET.

I'm still interested in going to the aluminum and extended shafts if someone can direct me to the right place.
Rhizzlebop is offline Find More Posts by Rhizzlebop
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2008, 07:33 PM
Heliologist...AMA#899937
Richmond, VA...right next to the Airport...
Joined Jan 2008
2,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon Z
You don't actually need to be a rookie pilot to crash your heli ... Everyone crashes once in a while ... Sometimes small bumps, and sometimes spectacular displays of flying plastic and carbon fiber. Trust me, I know all about it. The more you crash, the better you become at repairing your heli.

If you're not crashing, you're not flying ... and you're not learning.

so true, the only way to get over the fear of crashing is to do it a couple of times, then the cool part is actually being able to fix it like new, or in most cases better than new, dont be afraid to explore, if you break something i GURANTEE you can fix it---screw instructions, i learn as i go--haha!
BladeCX2Runner is offline Find More Posts by BladeCX2Runner
Old Jan 25, 2008, 07:42 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeCX2Runner
so true, the only way to get over the fear of crashing is to do it a couple of times, then the cool part is actually being able to fix it like new, or in most cases better than new, dont be afraid to explore, if you break something i GURANTEE you can fix it---screw instructions, i learn as i go--haha!

Hey man, you going to the indoor fly-in next weekend in Goldsboro NC? I plan on being there. Hope to have a CX2 to putt around. If I can find it under all the dust it has collected

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jan 25, 2008, 07:45 PM
Heliologist...AMA#899937
Joined Jan 2008
2,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizzlebop
Thanks guys. I got it fixed.

There was a pitch issue as well as a chunk of a blade was missing. Top blade.

I am a moron for not seeing that earlier. I was very sleepy, and out of it and SOMEHOW overlooked that. I apologize for posting and not being observant first.

Its spinning like a top now. Perfectly!

BTW, mine is all stock plastic parts, no aluminum, YET.

I'm still interested in going to the aluminum and extended shafts if someone can direct me to the right place.

i knew you were thinking to far into it, isnt great o know it was something as simple as that and not a bent shaft? i bent my fly bar today and after i straightned it i had a blade flutter like butterfly wings, lol turns out one of the blades hade been bent upward when it went down sideways and it was causing one blade to lift alot more than the other wihich in turn was making the whole blade not just the tip out of track, they just needed a bend and twist, back to new!

--Rhizz ive got stock blades, but evrything elese is aluminum, -swash plate, ---lower rotor hub--upper bearing--and upper roter hub--all standard aluminum, not the blue parts, flys like a champ and looks like a beauty, got an email adress? i mail you pics of my blade, it looks like a cp pro now, i have a stock cx canopy (front only) repainted with a tail boom and the super flex skids----
----- horizonhobby.com or hobbyzone.com should have plenty of the cnc aluminum parts, there both big companies so there super fast and offer fed-ex or ups shipping options instead of the god forsaken USPS
Old Jan 25, 2008, 07:53 PM
Heliologist...AMA#899937
Joined Jan 2008
2,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
Hey man, you going to the indoor fly-in next weekend in Goldsboro NC? I plan on being there. Hope to have a CX2 to putt around. If I can find it under all the dust it has collected

Diggs

diggs im looking into it right now, how far is goldsboro from u? im 1hour and ahalf roughly from raleigh if i can get off work, im there dude, hopefully my new xtreme motors show up before next weekend!
Old Jan 25, 2008, 07:59 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800307 here is the thread on the event. I suspect it will be pretty small. That is Superbowl Sunday. So, I would have to bet a few people will not show and be at parties and such.

Goldsboro should be about the same distance for both of us. Looking at the map, you just take 13 straight to it. It's a free event sponsored by 2DogRC. Takes me about an hour to get there. The event is just South of there.

Hope to see you there. You by chance an ECU student?

Diggs
Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:23 PM
Heliologist...AMA#899937
Joined Jan 2008
2,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800307 here is the thread on the event. I suspect it will be pretty small. That is Superbowl Sunday. So, I would have to bet a few people will not show and be at parties and such.

Goldsboro should be about the same distance for both of us. Looking at the map, you just take 13 straight to it. It's a free event sponsored by 2DogRC. Takes me about an hour to get there. The event is just South of there.

Hope to see you there. You by chance an ECU student?

Diggs
arrrrgghhhh me matey lol, yea im a fin pirate, my last semester actually, be moving back to va this summer after i graduate, gotta say im gonna miss livin so close to the beach! but its all good, i got no where good to fly outdoors here, when im in va my parents house borders the prop of a park, so i just drop in on the rents for a couple of hours while i charge batts, get free food then go fly, fly, fly, lol only reason i still go home haha!
Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:54 PM
Heliologist...AMA#899937
Joined Jan 2008
2,906 Posts
hey guys, was poking around and if you ever get bored and want to see some of the most HEROIC and astonishing helicopter piloting ive ever witnessed. you tube it or google videos of the 1982 air florida plane crash in washington dc. the helicopter pilot actully plucked 4( the only 4 that survived) people out of the freezing potomac using nothing but a rope! at one point the skids of the Jet Ranger are actually in the water check it out!!
Old Jan 26, 2008, 01:27 AM
Heliologist...AMA#899937
Joined Jan 2008
2,906 Posts
hey heli freaks, its 2:30 am on the east coast, and why am i still up?? so i can make cool videos to entertain you!! check it out finially got around to uploading a vid so everyone can see my custom blade cx2 check it out let me know what you think!

My Custom Blade CX2 (3 min 32 sec)
Old Jan 26, 2008, 04:48 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
429 Posts
I got my bird flying up and down the street about 30 meters each way past me and doing speed runs with it :P this heli is pretty fast! I also found the if you give it a bit of right cyclic (i think thats what you call it) when going forward it makes it go faster. Some people walked up the street and were amazed by my flying lol

Ryan.
HeliRyan is offline Find More Posts by HeliRyan
Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:26 AM
The Shadows are coming!
Glen Forrest, Western Australia
Joined Dec 2006
1,373 Posts
Another "Ace".
Sirion is offline Find More Posts by Sirion
Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:27 AM
Has a slipped rotor disk!
Joined Jan 2008
22 Posts
Well, I got the Boomtown kit installed which included carbon rod tail and the Xtreme-180 motors. (Dip method break-in on those) Had to twist the dog bones around a turn or two to make up for the fact that she no longer has a butt to speak of after a few false starts and hover hops to check. Flies like a dream now and even with all of the kit installed, aluminum, and a new DN Power pack - she's not quite fighting weight but a hair under 8 Oz. Actually, she is 7 7/8 Oz flight weight now. I am going to get me a shower, some breakfast and then I am going to go and fly the hello out of her over in the school stadium!
wolfox is offline Find More Posts by wolfox
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:06 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,602 Posts
Cx vs. CX2

What are the differences between the CX and CX2 anyway? And are the parts interchangable?
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:23 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie
What are the differences between the CX and CX2 anyway? And are the parts interchangable?

For the most part, I think you can exchange most any of the parts. There might be some subtle changes, but I have never owned a CX. I think the Major difference is the 72Mhz TX/RX on the CX Vs. the 2.4Ghz setup on the CX2.

Diggs
Old Jan 26, 2008, 01:05 PM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,420 Posts
I swapped out the TX stick tops today. I fly with a 'finger and thumb' grip, and found those sharp-pointed stock ones really uncomfortable.
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover