HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2007, 01:36 PM
Winnsboro, TX USA
Joined Jul 2005
2 Posts
Mine is the original Triton. It will only charge one pack at a time.

Charging at 0.8 amp, it does take about one hour to charge the factory packs for the CX2. Still a bit faster than the eFlight charger which only charges at 0.6 amp rate.

Bob
rwm01 is offline Find More Posts by rwm01
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2007, 09:40 AM
Joined Jan 2007
13 Posts
Flight simulation for Blade CX2

Hello everyone,

Yes... I'm a newbie... and am waiting for my CX2 to arrive. I've flown other 'toy' helicopters that have no pitch/roll capability (fixed forward flight), so this will be my first 'real' model helicopter!

I have downloaded the FMS flight simulator, and have two questions.

1. Will the tx from the BCX2 work with FMS?

*If yes, does the tx have one of those special output ports (I think they're used to share the controls with another experienced pilot) that I can use ( i.e. with a 'special' cable that connects it to my PC via usb/parallel?), or do I need to build a custom cable to connect it to the tx directly? Will this damage the tx?

* Any recomendations on the type of cable.. Buy one, build one, etc..?

*If no (or if it's not a good idea to use th CX2's tx), what is my best option for putting together the controls? Is there a specific tx model that I should buy that would be best (something old /used)? I guess all I need is a 4 channel tx.

2.. and... As far as the model in the simulator, is there a BCX2 available?

*If yes, where would I donwload it.
*If no, what is the next best model to use in the simulator?

Thanks in advace for any help.

Best regards,
Mike.
mucky5 is offline Find More Posts by mucky5
Last edited by mucky5; Jan 05, 2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2007, 11:11 AM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2006
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucky5
Hello everyone,

Yes... I'm a newbie... and am waiting for my CX2 to arrive. I've flown other 'toy' helicopters that have no pitch/roll capability (fixed forward flight), so this will be my first 'real' model helicopter!

I have downloaded the FMS flight simulator, and have two questions.

1. Will the tx from the BCX2 work with FMS?

*If yes, does the tx have one of those special output ports (I think they're used to share the controls with another experienced pilot) that I can use ( i.e. with a 'special' cable that connects it to my PC via usb/parallel?), or do I need to build a custom cable to connect it to the tx directly? Will this damage the tx?

* Any recomendations on the type of cable.. Buy one, build one, etc..?

*If no (or if it's not a good idea to use th CX2's tx), what is my best option for putting together the controls? Is there a specific tx model that I should buy that would be best (something old /used)? I guess all I need is a 4 channel tx.

2.. and... As far as the model in the simulator, is there a BCX2 available?

*If yes, where would I donwload it.
*If no, what is the next best model to use in the simulator?

Thanks in advace for any help.

Best regards,
Mike.
I don't think you need a simulator to fly a Blade CX2.It is relatively easy and stable.Just make sure you don't bring it too high will do.In case of any incident that you foresee is coming,make sure you bring the throttle input all the way down quickly.
Hazy is offline Find More Posts by Hazy
Old Jan 05, 2007, 11:15 AM
President, RC Dusters
Sandwich, IL
Joined Nov 2006
340 Posts
If you use the ClearView sim, it has a Blade CX in the program.
gfdengine204 is offline Find More Posts by gfdengine204
Old Jan 05, 2007, 02:24 PM
Zip 08857
Joined Jun 2005
561 Posts
Cheap Training Gear For all your Coaxial Heli's

Go to your local "Everything for a Dollar" store and look for a bag of the longest bamboo skewers they have available, the one's I'm using are 12 inches...yes the type you use for bbq's.

Just tape them under across the front and back of the heli's skids and voila! You can even go to your local craft store for some small styrofoam balls to attach to the ends.

They look crude but they work like a charm. After all, the main purpose of the gear is to prevent the heli from tipping over on a hard landing and busting up your blades.
JookSing is offline Find More Posts by JookSing
Last edited by JookSing; Jan 05, 2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2007, 02:34 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,206 Posts
An "X" pattern on the skewers/skids helps even more.. preventing nose sideways tilt-overs.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2007, 02:43 PM
Zip 08857
Joined Jun 2005
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul
An "X" pattern on the skewers/skids helps even more.. preventing nose sideways tilt-overs.
Yes, that would be much better configuration, however with this crude set up, where the skewers cross (X) the heli won't sit flat on the surface. To get around this you can just tape two other skewers on top of the other ones along side each of the skids.
Last edited by JookSing; Jan 05, 2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2007, 03:27 PM
bnv
San Diego
Joined Aug 2005
12 Posts
training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul
To state the obvious --- make sure the training skids are longer than the blade reach too ---- helps with wall accidents.

B
bnv is offline Find More Posts by bnv
Last edited by bnv; Jan 06, 2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2007, 03:32 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,228 Posts
Yes, in the video you got with it. it shows a BCX2 sliding into a wall and the training gear stops the blades from hitting.
davecrash is online now Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Jan 05, 2007, 03:41 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Nov 2005
1,014 Posts
why would you need training gear with this heli, you give it throttle it goes up, you let off throttle it goes down, no training needed.
Z400Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Z400Flyer
Old Jan 05, 2007, 04:17 PM
Joined Sep 2006
69 Posts
This probably isn't the first time that you have heard this (if it is, it is long overdue) but... aren't you a pompous ass
xlh1460 is offline Find More Posts by xlh1460
Old Jan 05, 2007, 04:22 PM
Zip 08857
Joined Jun 2005
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z400Flyer
why would you need training gear with this heli, you give it throttle it goes up, you let off throttle it goes down, no training needed.
I guess you were never a Newbie?
Old Jan 05, 2007, 10:42 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
I bought the CX2 because everyone said it was good for newbs, which I still am. I don't find it surprising that a newb (Many of the CX2 purchasers) would want training gear.

Anyway, I am having a bit of an issue with my CX2 after some repairs and slight changes. I move the servo push rod up one hole to help fight against slight wind, and to give it more response. Took it out had a little breeze which picked up quickly and I had a very soft crash. Following that crash the gears for the motors seemed to have moved. Thought I just hadn't tightened down the clamp on the inner shaft enough, so went to correct that. Wind picked up and took it in to fly. Loose clamp wasn't the problem.

The outer shaft somehow slipped down, to correct this I removed the inner shaft and all the lower rotor mounts and swashplate. Finally got it to slide back into place and put everything back. now I am getting this very odd movement when I try to hover. No tail drift really, but it wants to go forward but after a few seconds stop then the nose will yaw slightly left, then right and the entire heli will drift/strafe to the right. It is pendulum like in its timing. It seems as if I am off balance. Stabilizer bar is straight, not too tight.

I wonder if I have seated the swashplate wrong in some way, or if the pushrods and servos are out of whack somehow. I have adjusted the pushrods to decrease this some, but that leads me to believe it is either the servo levers or the swashplate. I did remove the levers (ones with the holes) when I adjusted the pushrods. And I did accidentally move them some when I was working on it. How do you calibrate them? Or do you? Suggestions on what might be causing this?

Tips or links to another thread where this info exists would be appreciated. I will keep hunting and tweaking, but thanks for any advice.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jan 05, 2007, 10:54 PM
Joined Sep 2006
69 Posts
Quote:
Z400Flyer:
Quote:
xlh1460:
aren't you a pompous ass
I apologize, I was out of line, just another newbie that has heard "coaxials are easy to fly" one time too often. We are frustrated, self-doubting and obviously (at least in my case) sensitive. The slope of the learning curve varies from one individual to the next. We are all here for the same reason.
xlh1460 is offline Find More Posts by xlh1460
Old Jan 05, 2007, 10:58 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Nov 2005
1,014 Posts
wow, sorry man, I just know these fly hands off for like 15 seconds, didn't think training gear was needed.
Z400Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Z400Flyer