HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2006, 11:06 AM
Pain? I know pain!
Weldon Spring, Missouri
Joined Mar 2005
1,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05
Turn the proportional pot screw a few degrees clockwise. You'll never get it to hold a steady tail for the entire flight, but fine tuning the 4in1 pot will help a great deal. You want to strive for a condition where you're just tapping the Tx rudder trim occasionally during flight for requred corrections. Or, like many of the old timers do, just fly the stick.
Nice busa, CCbusa05!

Thanks for the tip and i have been flying the tail I just like to be spoiled, just ask the wife!

Tom
litespeed is offline Find More Posts by litespeed
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2006, 03:12 PM
United States, PA, West Chester
Joined Mar 2006
261 Posts
I have broken enough blades, skids, and one body to finally achieve hovering and basic flight patterns with my eFlite Blade CX2.

Has anyone located add-ons for 5th Channel with eFlite Blade CX2 Spectrum Tx to provide lighting, releasing objects or other features using the extra connections on the 4-in-1 Rx?
bryadelm is offline Find More Posts by bryadelm
Old Dec 27, 2006, 01:46 PM
Joined Nov 2006
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul
Unscrew the servo arm from the servo. Don't move the servo.
Remove the pushrod from the arm.
Enlarge the hole in the servo arm at the new location.. the factory hole is too small.
Insert the pushrod in the arm.
Attach the servo arm to the servo.
Check your zero, go fly.
Thanks for the clarification, that's perfect.
freecheeseman is offline Find More Posts by freecheeseman
Old Dec 27, 2006, 04:57 PM
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Joined Dec 2006
82 Posts
Hi folks:

I was wondering if anyone could suggest an alternative battery for the CX2. I've seen them as low as $16-$17.00 from www.commonsenserc.com.

Are they safe to use?
Can you use the E-flite charger?

If any one has any other ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks! Happy New Year!

Robert
Peregrine Falcon is offline Find More Posts by Peregrine Falcon
Old Dec 27, 2006, 07:12 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,371 Posts
Common Sense Lipos are wired up backwards relative to Eflite Lipos at the balance connector.
The end that plugs into the plane is the same as the Eflite.. red to red, black to black.
To use the Eflite charger with Common Sense batteries, you'll need a converter pigtail, or, better, get the Common Sense digital charger.
It comes with the proper pigtails, and shows you each battery's voltage (up to 4) condition as it charges.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Dec 27, 2006, 07:15 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1 Posts
Well, I've been lurking on this site for about three weeks now. I purchased my Blade CX2 after reading just about every post here on it. The information is great and thanks for all those who take the time to post. I've replaced probably six blades, x2 flybars (bent beyond repair) and I've upgraded the helo with a heatsink and aluminum head/inner shaft. I was pretty happy with the setup and had the bird trimmed out very nice. Tonight's flight however is going to cost me. I was flying in a lighted parking lot trying some high turns when I had a blade strike at about 20 feet. The helo crashed hard onto the right side. The damage so far: shattered body, broken R/skid, shattered battery tray, and another bent flybar. Not sure yet on the inner/outer shaft, they appear "OK". My long drawn out question is this...
-has anyone bought the upgraded parts from www.bladecxpro.com ? In particular the upgrade kit which is supposed to reduce the blade strikes.
-another question...My forward flight was kind of slow compared to backward flight. I'd like more performance going forward. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help/suggestions. Love the CX2, it's been a blast. Grounded for now.
Dragoon24 is offline Find More Posts by Dragoon24
Old Dec 27, 2006, 10:44 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon24
...My forward flight was kind of slow compared to backward flight. I'd like more performance going forward. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help/suggestions. Love the CX2, it's been a blast. Grounded for now.
Read page 11 of this thread.

KC.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Dec 28, 2006, 01:02 PM
President, RC Dusters
Sandwich, IL
Joined Nov 2006
340 Posts
Just got my CX2 yesterday, today I find this thread....off to do some catch-up reading!

Thanks for the thread!
gfdengine204 is offline Find More Posts by gfdengine204
Old Dec 29, 2006, 08:27 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,245 Posts
Got a Blade CX2 for Christmas, have several flights on it now. broke a main center shaft where the fly bar attaches in a rather slight hit. I have ordered an alum one, but for now just replaced it with a stock one till it arrives. also bought a second battery so I don't have to wait so long between flights. I noticed with mine and also read about it here the tail drift, also some mention of the rudder out of trim. i did notice that it needs to be perfectly still while the 4in1 sets up. don't move it till the green light stays solid on the 4in1.
I also have an ocean rescue and find the CX2 much better and easier to control, or I've just got better at it. the rescue's gyro is shot so I can't fly one right after the other at the momment, and I don't think I'm going to repair it either. the parts for the rescue are at least 4 times as much to buy. a mian blade set cost me $ 50.00 compared to $12.00 for the CX2. I almost had a heart attack at the LHS when he told me that price. after tweeking with the centers and adjusting the related parts it hovers great with little input and the tail drift is minimal. I also ordered the Heat sink and will heed the advice here and cut a venting hole. I bought 3 Picoo Z's a week before Christmas and we were all haveing a great time with them. now they just sit idle....LOL
davecrash is online now Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Dec 29, 2006, 08:50 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecrash
... the parts for the rescue are at least 4 times as much to buy. a mian blade set cost me $ 50.00 compared to $12.00 for the CX2. I almost had a heart attack at the LHS when he told me that price. after tweeking with the centers and adjusting the related parts it hovers great with little input and the tail drift is minimal. I also ordered the Heat sink and will heed the advice here and cut a venting hole. I bought 3 Picoo Z's a week before Christmas and we were all haveing a great time with them. now they just sit idle....LOL
$50!!!!???... a full set of 3 pairs each for the Lama go for 7 bux a set at Hobby4Less.com
Old Dec 29, 2006, 09:01 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,245 Posts
That's what I get for living in Canada eh! LOL.
I noticed there was a few heli's that seem to be knock off of the rescue , or vice versa. but never checked those parts for cross fitting or price.

Found the package tags for the parts I bought.
davecrash is online now Find More Posts by davecrash
Last edited by davecrash; Dec 29, 2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:01 AM
Joined Dec 2006
3 Posts
Hey All,

Thanks for all the great info on the cx2. Im a newby to RC Groups and Santa brought me a new cx2. I have already made mods to the heli to make it respond better, thanks to you guys. The one that worked the best was to adjust the linkage on the forward servo one notch. I have not done anything with the other servo yet but thats next. The cx2 now works better outdoors and i can even fly forward in a light breeze. Does anyone know what other mods can be made to enhance performance, i.e. battery, motor? Any help would be great. Thanks again to all.
convertn to air is offline Find More Posts by convertn to air
Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:39 AM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,371 Posts
$47.99 for the Shaft!!!??.. there's two of those involved... one in the bag, the other inserted as you bend over....
I would hope there wouldn't be a problem with mail order to the Great White North.
Those prices would keep from buying the heli in the first place!
What's the excessage on these parts?
Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:59 AM
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Joined Dec 2006
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul
Common Sense Lipos are wired up backwards relative to Eflite Lipos at the balance connector.
The end that plugs into the plane is the same as the Eflite.. red to red, black to black.
To use the Eflite charger with Common Sense batteries, you'll need a converter pigtail, or, better, get the Common Sense digital charger.
It comes with the proper pigtails, and shows you each battery's voltage (up to 4) condition as it charges.
Once again, thanks for the info Sparky!

I know I'm not the only one looking to get less expensive batteries for our CX2's. Looking on Common Sense's web site (http://www.commonsenserc.com/page.php?page=intro.htm), there are a couple of choices, so I'm not sure which one to go with.

They have an 8C one ($12.00) they state is perfect for the CX and CX2 (rated 7.4V - 800mAh):
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...products_id=58

They also have a 10C ($13.95) rated the same (7.4V - 800mAh) but don't mention the CX or CX2 and won't be available until the beginning of January:
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...products_id=42

My concern is getting the motors too hot, so I'm not sure if the 10C is a better choice. So, any suggestions would be appreciated. And I did pick up on the suggestion to purchase their charger as well.

On another note, I guess I've been very lucky--haven't had to replace any parts yet. Although the couch has grabbed the heli a couple of times, I hate it most when the floor seems to jump up out of no where to pluck the CX2 out of the air! I've had to rebend the flybar several times and checked the inner shaft to see if that got bent. Also, I haven't had to replace any blades, but one of the bottom ones got about a 1/2" knocked off. I smoothed the edge and although the heli shakes just a bit, it still flies okay for now. Not sure if that's okay for the heli -- any one have any comments on that? Maybe I could just add some tape as a weight to compensate?

And, I have tried it outside a few times -- it's nice to not have a ceiling to get in the way. But, I've noticed the forward/backward motion to be very, very slow -- usually in one direction. I'm sure it's fighting a very slight breeze that's tough for me to notice. I understand if I move the servo arm one hole, I'll get better motion. My fear is that it may be too much for indoor flights, since I'm still real new at this.

I do want to thank everyone who helps those of us that are new to this. It really makes flying so much more enjoyable.

Happy New Year to all!!!

Robert
Peregrine Falcon is offline Find More Posts by Peregrine Falcon
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:51 AM
DLK
Grand Rapids MI United States
Joined Nov 2000
35 Posts
CX2 transmitter LP5DSM to Mode 1

Hi guys:

I'v searched. There is a CX2 waiting at my LHS if I can change transmitter to Mode 1. We took back off and can't change sticks around but maybe wiring.

Anyone done it or know how? NO I can't change<G>. Flying almost 40+ years Mode 1.

Thanks, Dave
DLK is offline Find More Posts by DLK