HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:22 PM
The Future is Here Today
Kansas City
Joined Jan 2007
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatiron
Also, I had this to happen to me; I plugged the battery into the cx before turning on the controller and as soon as I did it went straight up & wide open. I think what happened was that some rf around the house set it off. I was barely able to grab the skids before it made up it's on mind what to do. I think when up get to far out of range rf from the powerlines or in the neighborhood can take over and it goes from 0 to 60 in about 1 second flat. This video was taken with a zoom lens, it was a dot to the naked eye.
Could be, but I was flying mine with the Spectrum DX7 Tx and it is practically immune to rf interference. I suspect what happened to me was a nasty updraft that carried my birdy away
jdunn9 is offline Find More Posts by jdunn9
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:59 PM
CLIO,AL
Joined Mar 2007
78 Posts
flatiron is offline Find More Posts by flatiron
Last edited by flatiron; Jul 28, 2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 07:03 PM
The Future is Here Today
Kansas City
Joined Jan 2007
306 Posts
Quote:
I am a License Amateur Radio operator (Ham radio). And when I key down with 850 to 1500 watts, the little light in the CX2 goes dim and it jumps around like a dying fish.
Then I stand corrected, but everything I have read, including the locking on to two seperate freq's should not ever let you loose control of your bird. And are we talking about the stock BCX2 Tx, or the Spectrum DX7. I fly with the DX7, and as I understand it, it has more power, greater range, and a better failsafe system than the stock Tx.
jdunn9 is offline Find More Posts by jdunn9
Old Jul 27, 2007, 08:23 PM
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
1,531 Posts
Quote:
I am a License Amateur Radio operator (Ham radio). And when I key down with 850 to 1500 watts, the little light in the CX2 goes dim and it jumps around like a dying fish.
Yeah, but you're talking about a high field strength at that distance. Have you experimented to see how far away from the transmitter the heli has to be before the ham radio doesn't affect it?
TheBum is offline Find More Posts by TheBum
Old Jul 27, 2007, 09:30 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,828 Posts
With that kind of power It is probably messing with the electronics more than the signal
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2007, 09:41 PM
ACT, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
105 Posts
have a look at this review from one of the boys at runryder regarding the DSM2 technology behind the dx7. I'm not sure how sophisticated the CX2 reciever is, and whether it goes thru the same process as the ar7000 receiver does.

Obviously the CX2 does not use frequency or path diversity, having only one receiver. But i wonder if it does the channel assignment with the Dx7? Or possibly even the LP5DSM. I use it next to my wireless network and never get any signal, even with the radio occasionally turned off before the battery is disconnected.
CrowdedTrousers is offline Find More Posts by CrowdedTrousers
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:31 PM
Regular
P-ville TX
Joined May 2007
424 Posts
I just learned a good way to repair the canopy from another member here (justplanechris)
If you crack the canopy and can find the pieces (works if you can't find them either) just place some tape over the outside of the hole and use ShoeGoo and glob it on from inside, smooth it out and let dry. You can then paint right over it.
ScottGTO is offline Find More Posts by ScottGTO
Old Jul 28, 2007, 02:49 PM
Joined Dec 2005
68 Posts
Heli Hook

Me and the crew all have CX and Cx2's and we all try to out do the other guy with trick landings and moves. But there's only so much stuff you can land on. So i started making a grappling hook. When you land the hook will release whatever your holding. It also helps hold the battery pack in. 2 hooks to choose from a sissy hook and a pro hook.

The hook mounts to the state line hobbies boom kits.

Pro Z Racing is offline Find More Posts by Pro Z Racing
Old Jul 28, 2007, 04:27 PM
CLIO,AL
Joined Mar 2007
78 Posts
Pro Z Racing

I see you have the boom tail & Aluminum blue Lower Rotor Head. And it looks good by the way.

Has the extra weight cut in to your flying time?

I tried two batteries straped together in parallel. I got more flight time, but with the extra weight it flew like a brick.

Like the hook.

Keep up the new ideas.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 07:50 PM
Joined Dec 2005
68 Posts
my boom kit is the lightest one on the market. The stateline hobbies boom and the hook are 4 grams heavier than the stock tail.
Pro Z Racing is offline Find More Posts by Pro Z Racing
Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:44 PM
CLIO,AL
Joined Mar 2007
78 Posts
Pro Z Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Z Racing
my boom kit is the lightest one on the market. The stateline hobbies boom and the hook are 4 grams heavier than the stock tail.
Thats a good deal I might try one.
Thanks,
Sam
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:56 PM
Flying Electric!
United States, MI, Westland
Joined Jul 2006
1,485 Posts
Hi All
What, or is there a proven battery upgrade to increase flight times? Or is the stock battery the way to go? I was wondering if there was a Thunder Power version that would get better life and flight times?
ASAMech is offline Find More Posts by ASAMech
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:30 PM
Crashin' n learnin'
Hopkinsville, KY
Joined Dec 2006
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbc
Hi All
What, or is there a proven battery upgrade to increase flight times? Or is the stock battery the way to go? I was wondering if there was a Thunder Power version that would get better life and flight times?
To my knowledge there are only 3 LiPo batteries that fit the CX/2 other than the stock battery. And I do recommend buying LiPos that are not stock. These aftermarket batteries are better than the stock and cost less to boot.

My favorite LiPo is the CX2parts.com 7.4V 850mAh 15C 2 cell LiPo. This is available at www.cx2parts.com for $16.99 plus shipping. I own 2 of these and they are the first ones I reach for when I fly.

A very, very close second is the DN Power 7.4V, 900mAh, 10C, 2 cell LiPo. I have 2 of these and they are very comparable to the LiPo listed above. Best price, $18.50, and great service from Jamie can be found at www.boomtownhobbies.com. Check out Jamie's CF boom and skids for the CX/2 at this site. The boom looks great and the skids are almost indestructible. Look at my avatar. My heli has Jamie's boom and skids.

The final LiPo that fits the CX/2 is the MagaPower 7.4V, 850mAh, 15C 2-cell LiPo available at http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=2108. Sheesh, I just looked and they are on sale for $14.99, regular price $16.95. I have 2 of these and they are my least favorite, except for the stock LiPo which is my least, least favorite. However, these are my oldest LiPos and I purchased them before I got my Blinkey balancer and my low voltage alarm so I might have abused them.

The above is all that I know of that fit the CX/2 without any alteration. In addition, all have the same connections as the stock battery and can be charged on the stock charger.

Happy flying.

klondikes
klondikes is offline Find More Posts by klondikes
Old Jul 30, 2007, 07:02 PM
Flying Electric!
United States, MI, Westland
Joined Jul 2006
1,485 Posts
Are there any advantages to the Xtreme motors
ASAMech is offline Find More Posts by ASAMech
Old Jul 30, 2007, 07:29 PM
Edmond, OK
Joined Dec 2006
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klondikes
To my knowledge there are only 3 LiPo batteries that fit the CX/2 other than the stock battery. And I do recommend buying LiPos that are not stock. These aftermarket batteries are better than the stock and cost less to boot.

My favorite LiPo is the CX2parts.com 7.4V 850mAh 15C 2 cell LiPo. This is available at www.cx2parts.com for $16.99 plus shipping. I own 2 of these and they are the first ones I reach for when I fly.

A very, very close second is the DN Power 7.4V, 900mAh, 10C, 2 cell LiPo. I have 2 of these and they are very comparable to the LiPo listed above. Best price, $18.50, and great service from Jamie can be found at www.boomtownhobbies.com. Check out Jamie's CF boom and skids for the CX/2 at this site. The boom looks great and the skids are almost indestructible. Look at my avatar. My heli has Jamie's boom and skids.

The final LiPo that fits the CX/2 is the MagaPower 7.4V, 850mAh, 15C 2-cell LiPo available at http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=2108. Sheesh, I just looked and they are on sale for $14.99, regular price $16.95. I have 2 of these and they are my least favorite, except for the stock LiPo which is my least, least favorite. However, these are my oldest LiPos and I purchased them before I got my Blinkey balancer and my low voltage alarm so I might have abused them.

The above is all that I know of that fit the CX/2 without any alteration. In addition, all have the same connections as the stock battery and can be charged on the stock charger.

Happy flying.

klondikes
Don't forget the TrueRC 900 mah batteries made specifically for the CX2. They fit perfectly and offer a good flight time. And, their customer service is great.
NitroExpress is offline Find More Posts by NitroExpress