HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2007, 04:41 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2 Posts
wrong controls on Tx?

Hello,

I've got my hands on cx2 and there is something wrong, I think. My Tx has left stick doing forward/backward tilting and rotating, while the right stick has throttle and tilt right/left. According to manual it should be tilting on one stick and throttle and rotating on the other.

Can somebody comment ? How do I fix it? Ideas?

Thanks,
rotorh is offline Find More Posts by rotorh
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2007, 05:12 PM
The Future is Here Today
Kansas City
Joined Jan 2007
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorh
Hello,

I've got my hands on cx2 and there is something wrong, I think. My Tx has left stick doing forward/backward tilting and rotating, while the right stick has throttle and tilt right/left. According to manual it should be tilting on one stick and throttle and rotating on the other.

Thanks,
Do you have the overseas or the American version Tx. The American version uses left stick to control throttle and rudder, it is reversed for the overseas version. In order to help I believe that is the first thing we need to know. From your description it sounds like you have the overseas version. Once that is known there are a lot of people here who can help.

Welcome to the club.
jdunn9 is offline Find More Posts by jdunn9
Old Jul 19, 2007, 05:47 PM
Justabirdindasky
Bakersfield, CA.
Joined Mar 2005
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorh
Hello,

Thanks,
Hi rotorh,

We're glad you're here.

Check the link for the discription to swap the controls.

Switching Blade CX2 TX for mode 1 or mode 2 -Close to the bottom of the post:

Blade CX, CX2, LAMA, Vortex, Micron & most co-axial heli's, Effective Upgrades & Mods
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1167

Tim
TABLESAWTIM is offline Find More Posts by TABLESAWTIM
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:26 PM
*** goes here?!?!?!
San Luis Obispo
Joined Apr 2007
96 Posts
I put a heat sink on my CX2 Today. The motors are much cooler now. I think it was worth the $4. Next a tail boom Where did you guys get your tail booms?
Noobs r us is offline Find More Posts by Noobs r us
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:14 PM
Hellinoob
Downingtown PA
Joined Jun 2007
16 Posts
Check out www.krshobbies.com
He's given me excellent service and quick turnaround times.
www.boomtownhobbies.com is another place.
There are many more places to go as well.

Welcome to the addiction
I thought computers and computer modding was cracklike, it's far worse with heli's. I'm a couple of bearings shy of having enough spare parts to build a second one haha
J
Jongalt26 is offline Find More Posts by Jongalt26
Last edited by Jongalt26; Jul 19, 2007 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Adding more links
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:15 PM
Salt Lake City,UT
Joined Nov 2006
272 Posts
I got mine from jamie at boomtown hobby. I will try and search for a link to the thread and post.

Thanks for that link jongalt.

Ed
EEZFlyer is offline Find More Posts by EEZFlyer
Last edited by EEZFlyer; Jul 20, 2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 02:28 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2 Posts
wrong controls on Tx?

Hello,

it looks I have the overseas version. Tx has Made in China on it. I am from central Europe, so it looks like overseas it is.

Thanks for pointing out the thread, I also found it meantime. It was late night here when I asked.

To me mode1 looks strange. I can't seem to be able to hold cx2 steady using two hands, so I want to try mode2.

So far one rotor set destroyed while trying to fly in the garden

Best regards,
rotorh is offline Find More Posts by rotorh
Old Jul 20, 2007, 07:09 AM
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongalt26
Check out www.krshobbies.com
He's given me excellent service and quick turnaround times.
www.boomtownhobbies.com is another place.
There are many more places to go as well.
There is some cross-pollination between krshobbies.com and boomtownhobbies.com, i.e. Jamie sells some KR's Hobbies stuff and vice versa. The boom and skids sold by both places are Jamie's.
TheBum is online now Find More Posts by TheBum
Old Jul 20, 2007, 01:58 PM
Hellinoob
Downingtown PA
Joined Jun 2007
16 Posts
You're right, from what I understand according to the bio on KRS, Jamie helped get KRS off the ground.

j
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:09 AM
Joined Feb 2007
59 Posts
Well, I edited my previous post and said that I moved the pushrods one hole back (4th hole) to reduce some control mixing which totally worked. (When I push it to move forward, it slides to the right. This is not to be confused with the tail drift problem.)

The tail drift issue is still happening like it always has since it was brand new. I think I've exhausted the gain and proportional adjustments a long time ago and it's still happening even with a new 4-in-1. It's annoying when I want it to move straight, but then sometimes, it will turn left or right. I don't really mind manually compensating for that, but I wish it would just hold much better. I probably should replace the original "old" motors, but I want to make use of every moment it's still able to sustain reasonably high altitudes, which it definitely can. Sorry, I guess I'm too frugal for this hobby. But yeah, both motors are probably getting unevenly hot causing much of the tail drift. It's always been like that though. Hmm...

Still though, it's really nice to see it fly outside faster now and still be safe in the living room. That's exactly what I wanted. It's not the most graceful thing outdoors and they certainly don't advertise it for that, but it's still very fun!
kratos is offline Find More Posts by kratos
Last edited by kratos; Jul 26, 2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:14 PM
*** goes here?!?!?!
San Luis Obispo
Joined Apr 2007
96 Posts
I went and got two new battery's today, and I'm going get a tail boom soon I need to pick one out
Noobs r us is offline Find More Posts by Noobs r us
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:39 PM
Trex 450 SE V2
New Jersey (Home of the Soprano's)
Joined Jul 2007
177 Posts
Well as jongalt suggested, boomtown hobbies www.boomtownhobbies.com put's out an excellent boom. I got one for my CX2 and it worked out very nicely. Just be certain you double check your cg when you put it on as his boom is just a tad lighter than the stock tail section, slide your battery back slightly if need be. Incidentally, boomtown makes a practically indestructible pair of skids too.
crashcorrigan is offline Find More Posts by crashcorrigan
Old Jul 25, 2007, 09:19 PM
Hellinoob
Downingtown PA
Joined Jun 2007
16 Posts
Yea those skids are awesome.

So, I have yet to fly my cx2 indoors, I was such a noob that outdoors was the only way to go. I upgraded to all of the aluminum, the blue boomtown skids, blue fins, and boom. If you look at Klondikes avatar, that's what mine looked liked. {I didnt mean to copy you bro lol} It flew really well outdoors and I rarely had problems even in light breezes. I was hopeing to order the new Xtreme skids + boom and xtreme motors, and new canopy.

Over the last couple of months since I bought it I actually gained some confidence in flying it. How foolish of me.

Now my biggest complaint with the cx2 is that I have to give it throttle to make it move forward back or strafing. In hover I could get it to respond, but it responded more better with additional throttle as most of you well know. This meant to me, that on the decent it would come essentially straight down, sometimes rocking to & fro depending on how much I cut the throttle.

I got home today hung out with my 1 yr old son until his bedtime and noticed that it wasn't too breezy outside. Screw dinner i wanted soem flight time.
Grabbed my gear, popped in the battery and took off from my deck.
I flew it out over the driveway and in doing so gave it some throttle, which lifted it about 20'-30', no biggie. Then a breeze came which pushed it over the neighbors house, still no biggie. Started to bring it back but had to give it some more throttle, increasing the lift and a bigger breeze came, now it was over my neighbors a couple of doors down. Then i got that little twinge in the stomach - uh oh i'm gonna wreck it. I wish I would have wrecked it...

Tried to bring it back, gave it more throttle, it went higher, flew further away. It then ended up too far way to tell the orientation. Now it was getting pretty damn far away, i cut the thottle to 30-40% to try and bring it down, but it was a pin point in the sky, easily 300'+ away from me. I lost view of it when it crossed behind a large tree that was in my neighbors yard. I ended up walking around for 20 mintues, then driving around but it ended up too dark for it to be useful. I guess i'll put a sign up in my neighborhood and post a reward if found... what a bummer lol.

Now i can't decide what to get. I've been flying on Aerofly pro deluxe but am far from profficient with CP's.

I may snag a honeybee FP per Diggs suggestion [At least i think it was Diggs] and then start building a Trex and continue training on the sim.

Hey is it T-rex like the dinosaur or Trex like the bike company?

Thanks!
j
Old Jul 25, 2007, 09:46 PM
ACT, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
105 Posts
Yikes! The second CX2 to elope off into the blue sky and never be seen again in the month. Breeze + Throttle = Altitude. It's often trying to "save it" that we hurt it the most. Best of luck dude in finding it! I'd be distraught if mine ever left me, it's like a faithful dog that greets me when I get home each day and we fool around for a bit.
CrowdedTrousers is offline Find More Posts by CrowdedTrousers
Old Jul 25, 2007, 09:51 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,246 Posts
None of the coax helicopters are meant to be flown out side! We take a risk if we do. Best thing to do outside if the copter starts to get away is to drop throttle. I know this isn't what any of us would ever want to do but that's the only thing that will bring your baby back
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MD500E 600 size build