HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2007, 05:41 PM
The Future is Here Today
Kansas City
Joined Jan 2007
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobs r us
Well I've been through 3 battery charges and I still can't get it trimmed I think I'll have to find someone at the lhs who can help me
Aside from totally loosing CX2's mine was trimmed out very nicely. Always flew with all trims in the nuetral position. I would suggest that you start with the Pro pot but only to get the upper and lower rotors starting to spin together within two throttle clicks. After that, I would fine tune using the linkages itself. It's time consuming and tedious, but at least you always start your flight with nuetral trims and can adjust as needed accordingly. This method also helps when your Swash plate is not totally level. Hope it helps. Now I have to decide if I want another CX2 or just finish building my T-Rex 450SA. And I always have my HBFP2 to play with.
jdunn9 is offline Find More Posts by jdunn9
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2007, 05:32 PM
*** goes here?!?!?!
San Luis Obispo
Joined Apr 2007
96 Posts
Someone helped me trim the Heli this morning it flies great now
Noobs r us is offline Find More Posts by Noobs r us
Old Jul 15, 2007, 06:52 PM
The Future is Here Today
Kansas City
Joined Jan 2007
306 Posts
Quote:
Happy flying and glad you got your bird trimmed. It really does make a big difference in how much enjoyment you can get with a Heli that YOU fly, as opposd to a Heli that you are constantly fighting to fly.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 07:39 PM
Crashin' n learnin'
Hopkinsville, KY
Joined Dec 2006
807 Posts
Quote:
Outstanding!!! I am glad it is flying right. Did the guy show you what he did? If so, what was it that made the difference?

klondikes
klondikes is offline Find More Posts by klondikes
Old Jul 15, 2007, 10:48 PM
*** goes here?!?!?!
San Luis Obispo
Joined Apr 2007
96 Posts
Yea he did he couldn't fix it as well as he would have liked ( we were at the field and it was so windy that we flew it in the back of the car) He's coming by the house to help more this week
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:22 AM
Regular
P-ville TX
Joined May 2007
424 Posts
I remember reading a post where the CX2 Factory tx had some dipswitches internally which would convert to CCPM but I can't find the post any where. Am I imagining it?

EDIT. I found it
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611167
ScottGTO is offline Find More Posts by ScottGTO
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:36 AM
ACT, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
105 Posts
Back of a what???

Quote:
we were at the field and it was so windy that we flew it in the back of the car
Flying in the back of a car!!!???! Skillz!!!!!! That's like flying it in a phone box!
CrowdedTrousers is offline Find More Posts by CrowdedTrousers
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:49 AM
*** goes here?!?!?!
San Luis Obispo
Joined Apr 2007
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowdedTrousers
Flying in the back of a car!!!???! Skillz!!!!!! That's like flying it in a phone box!
Yep and he was flying it when it was way out of trim but thats why he's called the CX master
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:02 PM
Hellinoob
Downingtown PA
Joined Jun 2007
16 Posts
Inner shaft gear issues

I am having problems with the gear that attaches to the inner shaft and runs the upper blades. For some reason it keeps stripping and I have to replace it. [my upper head, swashplate, bearing etc. have been upgraded to aluminum]

In the exploded view they show what looks like a washer between the gears 34 & 35. Does anyone know if that part even exists? [I have also looked at the aeronuts disassembly guide as well and didnt see it] When I assemble the shafts there is a bit of play on the inner shaft. If i pull up on the inner shaft the plastic gear slips past metal motor pinion. [This is with the "nipple" of the gear #35 pointed down to catch the inner shaft retaining collar]
Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
j

BTW, i've been trying to read through all of the posts in this thread but have only gotten half-way lol, there's a lot of info here.

Many thanks already go to Diggity Dig Dig Diggs [giggity git], Busa, Klondike, Peregrine Falcon [check your PM's bro] www.krshobbies.com and many others. thanks!!
Jongalt26 is offline Find More Posts by Jongalt26
Last edited by Jongalt26; Jul 16, 2007 at 12:17 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 05:19 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4 Posts
Cx2 YoYo

I cant seem to get a stable hover.

I am just getting it up to 2-3 feet indoors, and I have to keep tweaking the throttle to keep hovering.

It will bounce like a YoYo if I let it, I really cant keep it at a stable point.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rixx
Rixx is offline Find More Posts by Rixx
Old Jul 16, 2007, 05:34 PM
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixx
I cant seem to get a stable hover.

I am just getting it up to 2-3 feet indoors, and I have to keep tweaking the throttle to keep hovering.

It will bounce like a YoYo if I let it, I really cant keep it at a stable point.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rixx
Part of the problem is that E-Flite used a ratcheting throttle stick, so it's difficult to get to those in-between throttle levels. I found that my CX2 throttle control improved after I opened up the TX and flipped the ratchet bar over so that it provides a little friction but no ratcheting. Others have slipped fuel tubing over the bar to get rid of the ratchet and provide a little more friction.
TheBum is offline Find More Posts by TheBum
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:38 PM
Crashin' n learnin'
Hopkinsville, KY
Joined Dec 2006
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongalt26
I am having problems with the gear that attaches to the inner shaft and runs the upper blades. For some reason it keeps stripping and I have to replace it. [my upper head, swashplate, bearing etc. have been upgraded to aluminum]

In the exploded view they show what looks like a washer between the gears 34 & 35. Does anyone know if that part even exists? [I have also looked at the aeronuts disassembly guide as well and didnt see it] When I assemble the shafts there is a bit of play on the inner shaft. If i pull up on the inner shaft the plastic gear slips past metal motor pinion. [This is with the "nipple" of the gear #35 pointed down to catch the inner shaft retaining collar]
Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
j
That item between 34 and 35 is not a washer, it is the inner shaft lower bearing. It actually fits inside the outer shaft drive gear and kinda even looks like part of the outer shaft drive gear. However, it can be removed. It is the same bearing as item 009. Perhaps this bearing is not there? This would leave play in your inner shaft.

klondikes
klondikes is offline Find More Posts by klondikes
Old Jul 16, 2007, 08:06 PM
The Future is Here Today
Kansas City
Joined Jan 2007
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowdedTrousers
Was that a car car, or a SUV. And does a SUV count. I was thinking about flying mine out of the sun roof of my SUV. Anyone want to give that a go?????
P.S. - I would love to see that on video
Old Jul 16, 2007, 08:42 PM
*** goes here?!?!?!
San Luis Obispo
Joined Apr 2007
96 Posts
Yea it was in the back of a SUV. after like 1 min it gets so windy though that we almost crashed it
Last edited by Noobs r us; Jul 16, 2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:28 AM
Joined May 2007
200 Posts
Flight time

This has been discussed before and I know that there are a lot of variables, but..........

When we talk of flight time of 10-12 minutes, that is not non-stop is it? I can't believe that it is. Even with PN Power 900 batteries there is no way I can achieve that kind of time. I can achieve 6 minutes of non-stop hover but the motors are getting pretty hot at that time.
Racer57 is offline Find More Posts by Racer57