HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2007, 05:06 PM
The Future is Here Today
Kansas City
Joined Jan 2007
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobs r us
I was told you can't bind the BCX2 to a Dx6. Is this true?
Yup, just as DiggyDiggs said. You can't bind them using DSM1 with DSM2. And as he said, you can bind it to the DX7. I have my BCX2 bound to my DX7.
jdunn9 is offline Find More Posts by jdunn9
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2007, 07:04 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4 Posts
New Cx2

Just got the Blade Cx2 as my first chopper, (not counting the Havoc Heli ).

I tested the controls, and all seem fine. When upping the throttle, the top blades start spinning way before the bottom ones. Do I need to adjust the pot on the 4-in-1 that controls the ratio of the blades?

I assume I look there, as the trims on the radio are neutral (except the throttle, which is at the bottom.)

Edit Add : should the gears and associated moving parts be lubricated?

Thanks

Rixx
Rixx is offline Find More Posts by Rixx
Last edited by Rixx; Jul 11, 2007 at 08:35 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 08:28 PM
Justabirdindasky
Bakersfield, CA.
Joined Mar 2005
94 Posts
Blade CX2 -Lower rotor spins before upper starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixx
Just got the Blade Cx2 as my first chopper, (not counting the Havoc Heli ).

I tested the controls, and all seem fine. When upping the throttle, the top blades start spinning way before the bottom ones. Do I need to adjust the pot on the 4-in-1 that controls the ratio of the blades?

I assume I look there, as the trims on the radio are neutral (except the throttle, which is at the bottom.)

Thanks!

Rixx
Hi Rixx,

Welcome.

If it takes flight, with little to no spin, you'll be fine.

I recommend not changing anything until you've gotten it off the ground.

E-Flite has fairly good quality control, and the BCX2 comes factory adjusted, ready to fly with little to no user adjustments needed.

If you see a spin on it's axis, then adjust the proportional pot.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Tim

Blade CX, CX2, LAMA, Vortex, Micron & most co-axial heli's, Effective Upgrades & Mods
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1167
TABLESAWTIM is offline Find More Posts by TABLESAWTIM
Old Jul 12, 2007, 07:29 AM
L Plates ON
Perth. WA
Joined Jun 2007
6 Posts
Aftermarket batteries for CX2

Are there any after market LIPO batteries available in OZ for the CX2?

I haven't crashed yet, but I must admit I've spent more time on the Sticks in RF G3.5. Where crashes are free! Mind you Heli hover training is a real bitch. What level have other people reached? I'm still on level one.

Maybe I have dumb thumbs
RCheli West OZ is offline Find More Posts by RCheli West OZ
Old Jul 12, 2007, 04:35 PM
*** goes here?!?!?!
San Luis Obispo
Joined Apr 2007
96 Posts
It took me 3 mouths to learn how to hover
Noobs r us is offline Find More Posts by Noobs r us
Old Jul 12, 2007, 05:10 PM
Justabirdindasky
Bakersfield, CA.
Joined Mar 2005
94 Posts
Coaxial heli's -Flight sim's not predicting battery drain, heat build, & friction

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCheli West OZ
Are there any after market LIPO batteries available in OZ for the CX2?

I haven't crashed yet, but I must admit I've spent more time on the Sticks in RF G3.5. Where crashes are free! Mind you Heli hover training is a real bitch. What level have other people reached? I'm still on level one.

Maybe I have dumb thumbs
Hi RCheli West OZ,

We're glad you're here.

For Batteries, check the link below.

Hovering these co-axial's is not as easy as many other heli's, because of the quality of the factory electronics, and brushed motors.

A flight sim can't predict the battery power drop, heat build, and friction, so flying the actual co-axial will be the best training you'll receive.

With a flight sim, a person can realize the basics, and not the details.

Tim

Blade CX, CX2, LAMA, Vortex, Micron & most co-axial heli's, Effective Upgrades & Mods
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=1167
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:25 PM
ACT, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
105 Posts
RCHeli West Oz.

Are you talking about hovering on the SIM, or hovering the CX2?

I don't know about the former, but the later shouldn't take you too many packs to start to get the hang of. Many of us just fly it in small areas, typically the garage or largest open area in the house, and it's just a matter of practice. As long as you keep it tail in, and try not to make any large jerky movements, you can hover this baby by sticks alone, even with the trim way out.

If its the sim, you may be flying a heli that's markedly more complex than the CX2, and has a harder learning curve.

Either way it all comes down to time spent on the sticks. I fly every day I can.
CrowdedTrousers is offline Find More Posts by CrowdedTrousers
Old Jul 12, 2007, 09:21 PM
*** goes here?!?!?!
San Luis Obispo
Joined Apr 2007
96 Posts
I mean it took me 3 months to learn on the SIM I just bought a BCX2 today the battery is getting its first charge as I type this. I can't wait to fly it
Old Jul 13, 2007, 02:50 AM
Justabirdindasky
Bakersfield, CA.
Joined Mar 2005
94 Posts
Quote:
I mean it took me 3 months to learn on the SIM I just bought a BCX2 today the battery is getting its first charge as I type this. I can't wait to fly it
Hi Noobs r us,

I look farward to hearing about your experiances.

Tim

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1167
Old Jul 13, 2007, 06:07 PM
The Future is Here Today
Kansas City
Joined Jan 2007
306 Posts
Quote:
Hope this never happens to you. I was talking to my neighbor and his 6 year old daughter last night and she saw my CX2. She asked where I flew it and I told her inside the house. She didn't believe me so I showed her. Next she asked how high it would go. As it was a zero wind condition outside I said let's go outside and see. (I have done this dozens of time) I took it up to where it was still visible and I could still see where the tail was and I knew I was still in full control. It helped as I had it modded with the light kit. Just as I was about to bring it back down it must have caught an updraft because it shot straight up and in just a matter of a few seconds it disappeared from sight. I'm thinking still not a problem so I started using left stick to try and bring it down. I saw it for a moment after it had lost some altitude, at about 30 degrees left from the original take off point, but only because I spotted the nose light, and tried to fly it back towards me using the nose light to keep me orientated. No response from my BCX2 at all and then it shot straight back up again and I lost sight of it for good. Wonder where it landed.
jdunn9 is offline Find More Posts by jdunn9
Old Jul 13, 2007, 06:55 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
I learned my lesson with Altitude with the CX2. Seemed like every 3rd moonshot I took went horribly wrong. Blade clash, wind gusts or updrafts.... Either way, she came down fast and hard in a location i didn't want it to be in. I never lost one though. GL on finding it. I lost a plane today, well just the wing, found the other parts smashed up pretty badly, so I know how you feel

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:15 PM
*** goes here?!?!?!
San Luis Obispo
Joined Apr 2007
96 Posts
Well I've been through 3 battery charges and I still can't get it trimmed I think I'll have to find someone at the lhs who can help me
Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:19 PM
*** goes here?!?!?!
San Luis Obispo
Joined Apr 2007
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn9
Hope this never happens to you. I was talking to my neighbor and his 6 year old daughter last night and she saw my CX2. She asked where I flew it and I told her inside the house. She didn't believe me so I showed her. Next she asked how high it would go. As it was a zero wind condition outside I said let's go outside and see. (I have done this dozens of time) I took it up to where it was still visible and I could still see where the tail was and I knew I was still in full control. It helped as I had it modded with the light kit. Just as I was about to bring it back down it must have caught an updraft because it shot straight up and in just a matter of a few seconds it disappeared from sight. I'm thinking still not a problem so I started using left stick to try and bring it down. I saw it for a moment after it had lost some altitude, at about 30 degrees left from the original take off point, but only because I spotted the nose light, and tried to fly it back towards me using the nose light to keep me orientated. No response from my BCX2 at all and then it shot straight back up again and I lost sight of it for good. Wonder where it landed.
Who that really sucks. It took me 3 weeks of work to get my BCX2 I'm not taking any chances with it. I could never fly it out side where I live way to windy.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 08:07 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyDiggs
I learned my lesson with Altitude with the CX2. Seemed like every 3rd moonshot I took went horribly wrong. Blade clash, wind gusts or updrafts.... Either way, she came down fast and hard in a location i didn't want it to be in. I never lost one though. GL on finding it. I lost a plane today, well just the wing, found the other parts smashed up pretty badly, so I know how you feel

Diggs
Sounds like the rx went into fail safe. and you saw it falling went full throttle Once the rx rebooted it took your command
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2007, 03:08 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
If this ( losing contact with the rec.) ever happens to anyone else that's reading this. Rememmber to bring the throttle back to about 2/3rds. Then it won't shoot back up & will come down but not too fast.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut