HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2007, 09:04 AM
Killen, AL
Joined Jun 2007
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Killer
there should be two holes in the outter shaft for the heads upper screws to fit into...
Well, I feel like an idiot now. Thanks, Blade Killer.
jpcody is offline Find More Posts by jpcody
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2007, 09:08 AM
Killen, AL
Joined Jun 2007
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowdedTrousers
For disassemble/reassemble of the CX2 this document is worth its weight in bytes...check it out if you haven't seen it before.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=583

Amongst other things, it talks about marking your outer shaft to help you get the rotor head alignment correct.
Awsome. I was hoping that someone had put together a disassembly guide like that. Thanks for the link, CrowdedT.
jpcody is offline Find More Posts by jpcody
Old Jul 04, 2007, 10:34 AM
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
1,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Killer
there should be two holes in the outter shaft for the heads upper screws to fit into...
...and it's really easy to miss those holes during reassembly, causing either very little lateral movement at all (if the head's too low) or severe lateral movement backward and to one side (if it's too high).
TheBum is offline Find More Posts by TheBum
Old Jul 06, 2007, 10:25 PM
*** goes here?!?!?!
San Luis Obispo
Joined Apr 2007
96 Posts
I just got a CX2 when I get good at flying it whats the first mod/upgrade I should get?
Noobs r us is offline Find More Posts by Noobs r us
Old Jul 06, 2007, 10:35 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,788 Posts
A new heli. Just joking! The cx2 is a great jump into the heli world but some people find that once they get good at it to go to the next level. Me I went to the next level but still love my cx. The mini class helis are fun but stressful. I like to pick up the cx2 and just fly around without a care in the world. It's also fun to see what you can land on.

P.S you asked after you got good at it. Most people get upgrade parts not for performance but durability.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2007, 10:40 PM
Crashin' n learnin'
Hopkinsville, KY
Joined Dec 2006
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobs r us
I just got a CX2 when I get good at flying it whats the first mod/upgrade I should get?
Here is a post I wrote a few weeks ago concerning your exact question. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...75&postcount=4

klondikes
klondikes is offline Find More Posts by klondikes
Old Jul 06, 2007, 10:41 PM
Joined Feb 2007
65 Posts
mhills51, what did you get after the cx2? I would like to make the jump right up to a trex, but need a newer truck more.
RPM42 is offline Find More Posts by RPM42
Old Jul 06, 2007, 10:44 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,788 Posts
yea klondikes but you have to say LOOKS pushed us that direction. The boom kits and stuff was just what we told are wives the reason for. Why do you need that $39 tale? "well it will fly better outside" Why do you need that top shaft? " well you told me I was spending to much on it so this will save money.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2007, 05:52 AM
Justabirdindasky
Bakersfield, CA.
Joined Mar 2005
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
yea klondikes but you have to say LOOKS pushed us that direction. The boom kits and stuff was just what we told are wives the reason for. Why do you need that $39 tale? "well it will fly better outside" Why do you need that top shaft? " well you told me I was spending to much on it so this will save money.
Hi mhills51,

We're glad you're here. Welcome.

Keep it light, and it'll keep you happy. If you learn to fly without the performance parts for a while, you'll have to re-learn to fly it after you add them.

Keep it at 7.4oz.

If you're looking to fly outside also, the tail-boom that klondikes mentions, will be what you need.

If you want to, 'just fly', don't spend any money on adding performance parts at this point, and let us know what you're finding to be your concerns.

Blade CX, CX2, LAMA, Vortex, Micron & most co-axial heli's, Effective Upgrades & Mods
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1167

Tim
TABLESAWTIM is offline Find More Posts by TABLESAWTIM
Last edited by TABLESAWTIM; Jul 07, 2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old Jul 07, 2007, 06:15 AM
Justabirdindasky
Bakersfield, CA.
Joined Mar 2005
94 Posts
Xtreme BB motors: Latest shipments, under powered.

Hi Guys,

I wanted to let everybody know that I have received several shipments of the 'Xtreme' open BB motors that are extremely under powered.

I received several from China, and two distributor in the USA.

They all could be from the same run, and I received those from that run.

I haven't pulled them apart yet, and I suspect that they're, now, using a lower gage wire.

I doubt that they would add windings for longer flight times.

They get very hot, and I notice increased heat in all of my 4 in1's. Edit: I think it's a resistance issue, which might mean that they may actually be using lower gage wire. If so, this is very disappointing for me, and others in the future.

Just wanted to give a heads-up.

Those, that I purchased in the past were fine motors, and in the future may still be. I'll look into it, and get more info to you soon.

Anyone else had this experience?

Tim
TABLESAWTIM is offline Find More Posts by TABLESAWTIM
Last edited by TABLESAWTIM; Jul 18, 2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old Jul 07, 2007, 09:35 AM
Michigan
Joined Apr 2001
534 Posts
Tim, if you know how to measure the motor constants, particularly Kv, of this latest shipment, that info. would be very helpful.
Rob Hair is offline Find More Posts by Rob Hair
Old Jul 07, 2007, 06:16 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM42
mhills51, what did you get after the cx2? I would like to make the jump right up to a trex, but need a newer truck more.
T-rex sa [IMG]
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2007, 06:31 PM
Joined Feb 2007
65 Posts
Thanks for posting that picture mhills51, It sure puts them in perspective.

RPM
RPM42 is offline Find More Posts by RPM42
Old Jul 07, 2007, 08:32 PM
Opposable dumb thumbs
Lubbock, Texas
Joined May 2007
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
T-rex sa [IMG]
I went the same route (almost). CX2 to T-Rex 450S CF.
Swash McHover is offline Find More Posts by Swash McHover
Old Jul 07, 2007, 08:42 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swash McHover
I went the same route (almost). CX2 to T-Rex 450S CF.
want to change your cup washers? I hate the blue and looking for someone with a s to trade.
RCG Plus Member