HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2006, 11:56 AM
Joined Oct 2006
198 Posts
Discussion
Best nitro monster Truck?

Hey guys i am looking to get into the nitro off-road stuff, so far i'm liking the savage and the revo 3.3. Is there better otions out there? I've owned HPI electric cars before and a team associated truck but never nitro off-road. ANy opinions?
mxsx5 is offline Find More Posts by mxsx5
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2006, 03:30 PM
I've got questions!
United States, CA, Pomona
Joined Jun 2005
119 Posts
Get a used Revo 2.5. Can be had for cheap on ebay and replacement parts are easy to find.
growweirdstuf is offline Find More Posts by growweirdstuf
Old Dec 05, 2006, 03:53 PM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,775 Posts
well if your askin my opinion on the 2 i would have to say either one really they both have things they need upgraded but its not bad

Now as far as my opinion on the BEST MT out there cen GST 5hp .46 3 speed with reverse RTR and the price is competitive being that it has so much more to offer than others

again thats my opinion your welcome to yours
turbored21 is offline Find More Posts by turbored21
Old Dec 05, 2006, 05:39 PM
in my shop...
Joined Apr 2005
83 Posts
if u want a higher quality truck and are willing to pay you can get an lst 2.
mine trashes my lhs's revo 3.3 the revo is a pretty good truck though...
also the lst has the low/hi ranges so you can hill climb and race without changing any gears.
bouncy-boy is offline Find More Posts by bouncy-boy
Old Dec 05, 2006, 05:59 PM
Joined Oct 2006
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbored21
well if your askin my opinion on the 2 i would have to say either one really they both have things they need upgraded but its not bad

Now as far as my opinion on the BEST MT out there cen GST 5hp .46 3 speed with reverse RTR and the price is competitive being that it has so much more to offer than others

again thats my opinion your welcome to yours
I am curious as to how monster truck racing is usually done? WIll something like the cen race in the same class as the Revo and the Savage?
Old Dec 05, 2006, 09:42 PM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,775 Posts
hmm not really the GST is really a class on its own its only real competitor as far as brute force is concerned is the thunder tiger pro .70bx MT

as far as the cen being strickly a racing truck well its just not its a top notch basher as well takes about anything you can throw at it and wont break anymore actually less than most other trucks..

its absolutely massive as well dwarfs 10th competitors and is a bit larger 2-3 inches all around than 8th competitors its a few extra bucks but you get your moneys worth and if your lucky you might even find one of the package deals they had out that had the

mini madness packaged along with it for free

as far as what its classed with its classed as an 8th scale so i think it runs with them
its not super fast about 45mph or so but its just got so much power its unbelievable
Old Dec 06, 2006, 05:34 AM
Joined Oct 2006
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbored21
hmm not really the GST is really a class on its own its only real competitor as far as brute force is concerned is the thunder tiger pro .70bx MT

as far as the cen being strickly a racing truck well its just not its a top notch basher as well takes about anything you can throw at it and wont break anymore actually less than most other trucks..

its absolutely massive as well dwarfs 10th competitors and is a bit larger 2-3 inches all around than 8th competitors its a few extra bucks but you get your moneys worth and if your lucky you might even find one of the package deals they had out that had the

mini madness packaged along with it for free

as far as what its classed with its classed as an 8th scale so i think it runs with them
its not super fast about 45mph or so but its just got so much power its unbelievable

Would you think the CEN would out do the Revo 3.3 in an off-road race? Or do you think they are all pretty even when it comes to speed and handling and tuneability?
Old Dec 06, 2006, 05:56 AM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,775 Posts
idk in a race honestly i suppose theyd be pretty close but like i said what the cen lacks in speed it makes up for in brute force lol
Old Dec 06, 2006, 10:14 AM
Joined Oct 2006
198 Posts
i tryed looking for a CEN dealier as towerhobbies doesn't seem to carry that brand. I am not located in the US. Does anyone know of any other hobby shops that will ship these cars internationally?
Old Dec 06, 2006, 01:42 PM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,775 Posts
www.horizonhobby.com www.minirccar.com are the 2 main carriers i know of
Old Dec 08, 2006, 01:59 PM
junkman
United States, AL, Madison
Joined May 2004
219 Posts
Try customrccars.com
Douglas Cheatwo is offline Find More Posts by Douglas Cheatwo
Old Dec 10, 2006, 03:37 PM
Joined Dec 2006
9 Posts
i'd go with the traxxas revo , just personal preference.
okin is offline Find More Posts by okin
Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:30 AM
Joined Dec 2006
8 Posts
I'm a bit different I guess, as I tend away from the latest fad and fashion brands. I own 9 MT's, Muggies, and Truggy's, etc, and all of them can be broken and trashed out. All are fast and fun. I never buy based on how fast something may or may not be. Is it fun to work on? Is it challenging to set up for a track? I like working on all of them regardless of difficulty or parts availability. I like challenges. I like to do more than just put fuel in and hammer the throttle.

The RC experience is more than just the race or bash, and who wins, or who has the latest fad brand.

I think you should buy based on what suits you in design and quality based on the initial look at the truck.

I'll say up front that massive parts availability throws a red flag up for me every time. That's why I stay away from the current fad of the Traxxas, as on the one hand you hear how fast they are and that they are bulletproof, and then at the same time you get told "Parts can be had anywhere." That's just simply a huge con job as far as I'm concerned, because if they were truly bulletproof, then why the need for all those parts? I spend a lot of time in hobby shops, and I see them in there all the time, pouring through the huge displays of parts, searching for something to fix their bulletproof toys. And don't get me wrong, the Traxxas stuff is good equipment. I just don't personally think it's the best there is nor do I believe for a minute that it's bulletproof. I bash and race a lot and I see their stuff breaking just as much as the rest.

Buy what you like and go with it.
Hayseed is offline Find More Posts by Hayseed
Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:43 AM
Joined Dec 2006
3 Posts
I would choose a truck on what you would like to do with it. If you are strictly choosing to bash and beat the truck, the Savage out of the box is unbeatable... If you want some racing characteristics, then a Revo would work very well in both catagories.
Al B is offline Find More Posts by Al B