Old Dec 05, 2006, 10:48 AM
U.S.C.G. LIC. MASTER
Miami, FL
Joined Nov 2006
15 Posts
Question
Hummingbird V4 Main Gear

Hey Guys,
Just curious as to other 'copters that may actually use the same main gear and shaft as my Hummer V4. Does anyone know? I've read that these birds can use parts from other different helis. Is this true? My LHS stocks other parts that perhaps may work versus having to wait days each time I mess up.

Thanks,

Harry
Ice-Man is offline Find More Posts by Ice-Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2006, 12:03 PM
Central California
Joined Aug 2003
1,137 Posts
Blade CP gear will work and is more durable. MAKE SURE you use two of the same type because the heights are slightly different.
Ledbetter is offline Find More Posts by Ledbetter
Old Dec 05, 2006, 12:29 PM
U.S.C.G. LIC. MASTER
Miami, FL
Joined Nov 2006
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter
Blade CP gear will work and is more durable. MAKE SURE you use two of the same type because the heights are slightly different.
Thanks Ledbetter!! Is it the E-Flite Blade CP? What do you mean use two of the same type? Does it not come as one unit the main gear and shaft? Now you got me. Thanks for your help.

Harry
Ice-Man is offline Find More Posts by Ice-Man
Old Dec 05, 2006, 01:08 PM
Central California
Joined Aug 2003
1,137 Posts
Sorry. I read too fast. I meant LANDING GEAR. ( DOH!) I've never broken a main gear and shaft.

Your heli LOOKS like an Esky Honeybee. I'd check those parts out.
Ledbetter is offline Find More Posts by Ledbetter