HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Pandy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 04, 2006, 11:00 PM
Joined Jan 2006
20 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
For Sale
Castle Creations Phoenix 45's for sale

I have Two Castle Creations 45's for sale on Ebay currently, all the information is included in the listing, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

(1) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4349&rd=1&rd=1

(2) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5919&rd=1&rd=1
Pandy is offline Find More Posts by Pandy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2006, 06:49 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2004
154 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Why list them on Ebay.. The sell quickly here and NO FEES
just_lkn is offline Find More Posts by just_lkn
Old Dec 05, 2006, 07:05 AM
Long Island, NY
Joined Dec 2004
373 Posts
Trader Rating: 72
It was fun to put bids in of six and eleven cents.

Good luck!
don_craig is offline Find More Posts by don_craig
Old Dec 05, 2006, 07:15 AM
almost slackin
Joined Dec 2005
469 Posts
Trader Rating: 80
$15 shipping without insurance sure seems high.
Piledriver is offline Find More Posts by Piledriver
Old Dec 05, 2006, 09:59 AM
Miami, FL USA
Joined Feb 2000
89 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
This can be sent in a padded envelope
for about a buck. Cecil
Cecil M Wethy is offline Find More Posts by Cecil M Wethy
Old Dec 05, 2006, 10:05 AM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Sep 2003
439 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
Hey you guys, he can do whatever he wants. Just bid accordingly. Especially when ebay demands such a large fee he can save a couple dollars this way. Something no one ever factors in also is the worth of your time and packaging.
tnavressdog is offline Find More Posts by tnavressdog
Old Dec 05, 2006, 01:48 PM
Joined Jan 2006
20 Posts
The shipping should definitely be taken into consideration when placing a bid. The shipping does include packaging and handleing - That is why i listed the items with no reserve; this way the bids can accurately reflect what one feels the value of the item is combined with shipping, and bid accordingly. Remember if you combine any items that i've got listed, the total shipping cost is lowered by $10 per additional item.

- Just trying to sell a bunch of my hobby stuff so I can keep my head above water while i christmas shop =P
Old Dec 05, 2006, 03:27 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
9,201 Posts
Trader Rating: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnavressdog
Hey you guys, he can do whatever he wants.
Actually, inflated shipping is an eBay offense. They see it as avoiding fees and search manipulation. A .99 item with $30 shipping is the first one to show up when you "sort by price" but it certainly isn't the cheapest by far. They may not do much about it, but it is in the rules.
I personally think it's a shady way of doin biz. "handling fee", man are those words used loosely
A $1 padded envelope and $2 in postage will get it to anyone in the US insured. Priority Mail will only be $4.75 insured. Must take $10 to $12 in gas to get to the PO

Brian
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2006, 03:48 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined Dec 2004
373 Posts
Trader Rating: 72
TAPE, BRIAN, TAPE!!!!

Good quality tape is expensive these days! Yeah sure, I bought some of that "dollar store" tape once, but the adhesive smells bad and the tape is thin and gets stuck to itself. The good 3M or Scotch stuff'll cost ya!

Gotta figure that into the price too!
don_craig is offline Find More Posts by don_craig
Old Dec 05, 2006, 04:48 PM
Joined Jan 2006
20 Posts
Brian,
If you do not agree with the shipping, please by all means do not bid. I don't want people bidding on the item if they're not satisfied with the conditions of the auction. I'm not trying to offend anyone. However; people that do wish to bid will take the shipping into consideration and bid accordingly
Old Dec 05, 2006, 04:50 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,977 Posts
Trader Rating: 46
I buy and sell on eBay a bit. I always charge only what I estimate is my actual cost of material and postage for shipping. I won't bid on items that I feel have too high shipping costs, period. I was intersted in your items until I saw your shipping costs. You should rethink your way of doing business.
Dave
davecee is offline Find More Posts by davecee
Old Dec 05, 2006, 05:15 PM
Central PA
Joined Dec 2005
1,496 Posts
Trader Rating: 64
Pretty lame in my opinion to list it on ebay. I'm interested in one, but I don't do ebay.
TommyB is offline Find More Posts by TommyB
Old Dec 05, 2006, 05:40 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
9,201 Posts
Trader Rating: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy
The shipping should definitely be taken into consideration when placing a bid. The shipping does include packaging and handleing - That is why i listed the items with no reserve; this way the bids can accurately reflect what one feels the value of the item is combined with shipping, and bid accordingly. Remember if you combine any items that i've got listed, the total shipping cost is lowered by $10 per additional item.
This is just playing games in my opinion. That "discount" gets people to drive your bids up on other items which they usually lose anyway, therefore everybody ends up sending you $15 for shipping. Even if they win 2, $20 for 2 controllers is still over the top.
It's just not an honest way of doing things even though you are pointing it out ahead of time. Like it or not, you are breaking eBay rules (plus an "unwritten code" we tend to follow around here)
And as such, I won't be bidding...
If you are concerned about getting enough for your items, put a reserve on it and be realistic about shipping. Oh, but that's more fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecee
I buy and sell on eBay a bit. I always charge only what I estimate is my actual cost of material and postage for shipping. I won't bid on items that I feel have too high shipping costs, period. I was intersted in your items until I saw your shipping costs. You should rethink your way of doing business.
Well said Dave....
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2006, 06:07 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,729 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
Brian is right on!!! Good luck with your E-bay whatever!
shhhhh! is online now Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Dec 05, 2006, 06:46 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Trader Rating: 139
What a pity, I WAS interested.

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Closed Thread