Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 08, 2002, 05:55 PM
denver
Joined Sep 2002
0 Posts
What is the best Elec RC for $150?

Brand new to RC and would appreciate any advice.

I have a grass field out back of about 30 acres.

Would like to keep the budget under 200 with all accesories.

Thanks!
RCPilatus is offline Find More Posts by RCPilatus
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2002, 07:51 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
T-52
Push-e-cat
Wingo
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Sep 09, 2002, 11:40 PM
New Milford CT 06776
Joined Sep 2000
621 Posts
Check out the T-Hawk here: http://www.toytronix.com/ for $129 you get 2 batteries 2 wings 2 tail feather assemblies, the transmitter to fly the plane with and a satisfaction or money back guarrentee. This plane has a fully proportional rudder and elevator. The throttle is just on and off though. I have flown it and was please with how well it flies. It has a fair amount of power and glides well with power off. It will loop and do rudder rolls. I have yet to do inverted with it. I reviewed this companies E-gull last year you can read my review here on Ezone. This plane is a step up from the E-Gull. I was sent one to beta test. When I was done I gave it to an 8 year old. I have watched him slam that thing into the ground, pick it up, straighten the wing and send her up for another flight.
Anyway that's the best deal I know of for under $150 for a complete setup. However if you can come up w/ more $$$ that will widen your options to a plane you won't grow out of to soon. John Tracey
JTinCT is offline Find More Posts by JTinCT
Old Sep 10, 2002, 08:47 PM
North GA, USA
Joined Jul 2001
501 Posts
Much agreed. Toytronix has a top-notch reputation in its young life with us so far, and I hear lots of praise for the E-Gull and T-Hawk.

Also very worth considering are the choices from their leading competitor, HobbyZone (distributed by Horizon Hobby), who claims the majority of both market share and model variety. I have the Fighterbird and really enjoy it. The Firebird XL is by far the single most popular model in this category. And then there's the much-celebrated Firebird II, which introduced several big improvements to the design and options list...design changes that were successful enough to influence the Fighterbird...

The best part (IMO) is any one of these can be had well within your budget. I guess you could even add some spare batteries/parts in there, or perhaps use it for a nice peak charger to get the best use of those batteries.

Have fun picking out your foamie!

Wings
Wings is offline Find More Posts by Wings
Old Sep 11, 2002, 05:03 AM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
I agree with Andy. T-52 or Push E Cat. T-52 from JK Aerotech will set you back $35. You'd need at least a 3 channel tx and a couple of HS-81 servos and rx. I've seen them on ebay for $50.
Add 480 motor like the 480 RETOM and a gearbox, about $25,
8 cell batt pack and slowflyer prop and your in bizness. You'll need a charger for the nicad or nimh battery pack. So, you will be close to your monetary target. Plus, the T-52 and Push E Cat will take a tremendous amount of punishment where most other models will disintegrate.

Dave...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit