HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2006, 05:47 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1 Posts
Discussion
Can you buy better LIPO batteries for Storm Launcher?

I was just wondering if you can buy better LIPO batteries for the Air Hogs Storm Launcher, or the Smarter Image equivalent.
I am considering purchasing a Hydro plane but I will probably not purchase one if I cannot improve the battery life. Also, can anybody give their opinion on the Smarter Image Storm Launcher, as I can't seem to find many reviews at all.

(Sorry If this topic has already been covered, I am new to this site and haven't bothered checking!!!)
Maxibonbons is offline Find More Posts by Maxibonbons
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2006, 06:56 AM
Hervey Bay, Sunny Qld, Australia
Joined Jun 2001
1,773 Posts
I don't see why not.

Personally I don't get these things (the hydro / planes) . If it looks like a boat it should JUST float. If it has wings, then it can fly.

I have seen one of these fly (not this exact one, but one of many out there), by an experienced flier and to say the least it was VERY unstable. It took off to about 3 metres and just dumped itself into terra firma. Stands for reason that alot of these are made in EPP foam (lota bumps and crashes expected).

Different courses for different horse I guess
Masterpiece is offline Find More Posts by Masterpiece
Old Dec 05, 2006, 07:27 AM
San Juan Marin Intl, Puerto Rico
Joined Jul 2002
765 Posts
The 2 are the same the only diferens is the stiker about the batterie many are report very good performans and time aroun 10+ min. with the Thunder power 1320 2S. (you need to change the plug) to micro dean
windface is offline Find More Posts by windface
Old Jan 10, 2007, 03:44 AM
Joined Sep 2006
3 Posts
The Air Hogs LiPo pack has cells made in Korea(as marked on their packaging). I heard it's actually made by Kokam and so it shouldn't be bad.
klectong is offline Find More Posts by klectong
Old Jan 10, 2007, 01:18 PM
Flying motor mount master
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
8,745 Posts
yes
fly_boy99 is offline Find More Posts by fly_boy99
Old Jan 10, 2007, 01:22 PM
Permanently Banned
San Jose Ca / RSA flyer
Joined May 2003
8,030 Posts
NO, nothing ready to plug n play, have to modify connector system to accommodate better LIPO packs
hall woo is offline Find More Posts by hall woo
Old Jan 10, 2007, 02:07 PM
5 miles from the geographical center of Pennsylvania
Joined Aug 2005
2,144 Posts
one of the locals here has a flying boat, and it flies great, of course he's a very good pilot. He flew it at NEAT and got an ovation.
Unterhausen is offline Find More Posts by Unterhausen
Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:34 PM
Joined Sep 2006
3 Posts
A flying boat!? Wondering if it looks as cool as the Hydrofoam in the air :-)
klectong is offline Find More Posts by klectong
Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:40 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,805 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=616701&page=5
rampman is offline Find More Posts by rampman